Thronebreaker Update 1.1 – Patch Notes

+

New patch for Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales is now available for PC, PS4 and Xbox One! With this update, we’ve focused on improving the overall stability, performance and visuals of the game, as well as adding support for Traditional Chinese. The full list of these changes can be found below.

FULL LIST OF CHANGES

New Features
  • An animation setting for premium cards is now available in the main menu. For new players, "Always Animate" will be the default setting.
  • Added support for Traditional Chinese.
  • New controls have been added for gamepads (Xbox One / PS4):
LB,RB / L1,R1: Jump to the leftmost or rightmost side of a row.
LT / L2: Switch between opponent and player graveyards.
X / Square: Select your Leader.​

Game Fixes
  • Overall game performance has been improved.
  • Overall game stability has been improved.
  • Greatly reduced the chance of blocking player progress due to infinite loading screens (all platforms).
  • Blur has been enhanced to improve both performance and visuals (especially on consoles).
  • Fixed an issue whereby the player would occasionally lose the ability to make selections with the gamepad after entering the camp.
  • Fixed an issue whereby the opponent would get an infinitely long turn after the player viewed the deck preview during puzzle battles.
  • Minor localization fixes.
  • Numerous fixes for PS4 trophies, Xbox One achievements, and GWENT: The Witcher Card Game contracts.
  • Fixed an issue whereby the number of Golden Chests found wouldn't be counted properly by the Grey Rider in the Mess Tent.
  • Fixed an issue with incorrect special rules for the Snowball Fight puzzle battle.
  • Fixed an issue in The Battle of Caedva Gaenvid whereby the opponent would discard all cards and the player would experience an infinite loading screen after victory.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Thronebreaker would crash after attempting to start the Spring Cleaning and Battle for Red Lobinden battles.
  • Corrected a misleading prompt in the camp tutorial for previewing and recruiting cards.
  • Fixed an issue whereby fire visual effects on the enemy ranged row were not visible during the Abandoned Outpost puzzle battle.
  • Fixed an issue whereby either Gascon's or Reynard's card and dialogues would incorrectly appear during The Siege of Tuzla battle even after they had been lost to the player during The Battle for Red Lobinden quest.
  • Fixed an issue whereby gamepad input would sometimes not be accepted at the start or end of a shortened battle.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Thronebreaker would crash following the redraw screen of the Battle for Red Lobinden battle.
  • Fixed an issue whereby loading a game from the main menu would sometimes result in an infinite loading screen.

Nice patch.
Already finished the game. Maybe i will come back to get all trophies cuz they give you rp in gwent multiplayer
Good job cdpr

What about bringing the new mulligan system to Thronebreaker? It' snot only better then the strict handlimit but it might also be confuding for new plyers that the two games use different game rules.

Does anybody know if this patch affects ongoing playthrough?
For instance, in the second map, I collected all the golden chests, but the grey rider claimed I was missing 2. Will the "tax collector"-trophy trigger after the patch, or do I have to make another playthrough?

BTW, awsome patch. I really like the gamepad updates.

Nice! Been waiting for this [much needed] patch. Performance is pretty sluggish on my standard PS4. I hope the map will come up faster as well. It's a real shame that so many people experienced this rather excellent game with these now-squashed bugs.

I would also be curious to see if the redraw changes make it to this campaign. No one likes burning cards!

Does anybody know if this patch affects ongoing playthrough?
For instance, in the second map, I collected all the golden chests, but the grey rider claimed I was missing 2. Will the "tax collector"-trophy trigger after the patch, or do I have to make another playthrough?

BTW, awsome patch. I really like the gamepad updates.

When there was a patch that fixed a previous golden chest bug, support told me I'd have to restart my playthrough because the fix wasn't retroactive. I would think that would be the case for this fix too.
Post automatically merged:

Finally able to get the Living Legend achievement on Xbox. It's been months that this has been broken.

I've loved every game I've played from CDPR, but after the bugs with Gwent and Thronebreaker, I'll never buy one new again. I'll wait for it to be discounted and for the inevitable avalanche of day 1 bugs to be fixed.

Last edited:
What about bringing the new mulligan system to Thronebreaker? It' snot only better then the strict handlimit but it might also be confuding for new plyers that the two games use different game rules.

Nah I say best not to mess something fundemental in case anything breaks, besides the provision is depended on camp upgrades (and change drastically with each upgrade), and meve didn't affect mulligan in the first place (In thronebreaker)

Thronebreaker already have a lot of different stuff, lots of changes was done to suit for singleplayer experience

Perfect timing i'm on the last map. Love this game i hope we'll have more like this.
One bug on PS4 sometimes all the cards flash and become super bright for half a second. Nothing major though
Thanks guys

Yeah, I played Thronebreaker this weekend and it only crashed once. I think I may finally be able to finish it now.

I do enjoy the game though, hard choices.

1.1 patch is fantastic so far. Had given up on Thronebreaker when it kept crashing (on base PS4) during Deranged Cow puzzle. Since patch however, game has been performing excellently, and am enjoying immersing myself in the Witcher universe once more! Thank you CDPR!

Please add an option for all activations on the map to be instant. With the multitude of resource pickups etc. it's pretty annoying and makes it feel like the game is suffering from console-itis.

Another thing that feels like a console encroachment is the lack of a quick save/load function on PC. Sometimes you want to replay bits and see how the other choices pan out. Some people look down on it as save scumming, but since it's a single player game it's not like it hurts anyone else.
It just gives the illusion of replay value, but since time is finite and with so many other games to play it's a bit much for a developer to require a complete restart in order to see some small bits of content, and since the battles would mostly be the same I don't see Thronebreaker as a game I would be replaying anyway even if I had the time.

Top Bottom