GWENT Open #8 is coming – and it will be full of surprises!

+

Get ready for great games, lots of surprises, and new Crimson Curse reveals – GWENT Open #8 is coming this weekend! Join us on our Twitch.tv or YouTube channels on Saturday and Sunday – as usual, we’re starting at 4pm CET.

Eight of the best Pro Rank players will be competing for a share of the $25,000 prize pool, Crown Points, and spots in the next GWENT Challenger:

All games will be casted by our fabulous four:

To make it even more special, we have upgraded the Twitch Drops:

For watching a total of 3 hours of the March 2019 GWENT Open official livestream you will be awarded with 1 Base Set Card Keg. For watching the final best of five you will receive the Winner’s favourite Premium Bronze Card – from the Crimson Curse expansion! It will be added to your account upon the release, on March 28th.

Make sure to follow us on Twitter @GWENTMasters, and join the conversation about the upcoming #GWENTOpen!

Gwent Masters has been super awesome to watch especially the last challenger (Skellige theme) featuring fire dancers. I'm super hyped and I hope there will be many more Gwent Masters to come :D!

Great! Really enjoy these tourneys, and appreciate the extra flair you add to the presentation. The Nilfgaardian castle is my favorite so far, and I hope to see many more to come. Gwent makes for a nice spectator sport, given its "easy to learn, hard to master" nature. I always pick up a few tricks watching the pros, and it's just a great community event. I'm really glad that people have hung on, despite the hiatus and the major changes over the past year, and can't wait to see the tournament scene thrive. It's so good to see things coming together. (y)(y)

Raunbjorn

Gwent has always had the best live coverage of tournaments.
I'm just hoping that CDPR someday would take the time and make console players able to get the stuff as well instead of just ignoring it as they've always done. Why not just implement a feature where you can tag yourself as watching the tournament?

How will it work on twitch anyway? Do we have to login with the same email address as the one in GOG or something?

DRK3

Forum veteran
Congratulations to the winner, really loved to see Glustyworp being the card that won him the tournament, and see it proven that Arachas Queen is viable, not just those other brainless pointspam MO leaders.

[...], and see it proven that Arachas Queen is viable, not just those other brainless pointspam MO leaders.
You do realize that during the Gwent Open all other variants of Monsters have, in one way or another, been a liability ?

One thing watching the tournament,
who doesn't use Unicorns, lose (unless it's a MO deck, it doesn't need Unicorns since enough tempo cards) so everyone had them, and a lot pvps were decided by drawing 2 of them in hand or not...
For example, one player uses engines, the other has 2 unicorns in hand and pushes round 2. 2 moves, 20 pts, deal with it using engines.
Maybe there'll be some Crimson tempo cards...
PS. By far I haven't been complaining about Unicorns:)
NG very similar, I guess other options aren't good. But they had very similar SK and MO too...
SK, NR and Arachna were really cool decks, at least a bit different than the others...

One thing watching the tournament,
who doesn't use Unicorns, lose (unless it's a MO deck, it doesn't need Unicorns since enough tempo cards) so everyone had them, and a lot pvps were decided by drawing 2 of them in hand or not...
For example, one player uses engines, the other has 2 unicorns in hand and pushes round 2. 2 moves, 20 pts, deal with it using engines.
Maybe there'll be some Crimson tempo cards...
PS. By far I haven't been complaining about Unicorns:)
NG very similar, I guess other options aren't good. But they had very similar SK and MO too...
SK, NR and Arachna were really cool decks, at least a bit different than the others...

It's pretty sad actually that almost everyone relies on the same cards to win.

Burza mentioned in the chat during the stream, that the Unicorns and the Witchers will be nerfed. (source: reddit)View attachment 10994620
I think that he said, Witchers have already been nerfed and in similar way Unicorns will be nerfed...

I don't know how Witchers trio can be nerfed even more, without a rework... BUT Crimson Curse has some nice thinning replacements...
Fun Fact #1. Replace 3x7prov witchers by 1x Portal 13 prov and 2x 4prov cards. You get between 8 and 12 value instead of 9, and the same thin. Some ppl say Portal suks, no wonder... But that's a nice direction, isn't it.

Cool tournament, I saw few matches here and there.

I have to say there were way too many Shupe decks for my liking. Low synergy - high value decks, like using Morvran just for the buff and not for his peculiar ability...

I haven't watched the whole thing yet but Molegion's Filavandrel deck is the highlight for me so far. He pretty much just proved that ST can be competitive in its current state which is attributed as much to his deckbuilding as it is to his skill. He does play very well.

Top Bottom