A new Leader Challenge begins!

+

Who from Novigrad’s criminal underworld will you choose to side with?

Pick your favorite Syndicate leader and head into an epic power struggle between the Free City’s most wanted! This event will last until Thursday, August 22nd, 12 PM (noon) CEST.

Leaders whose supporters complete the most special quests during that time will claim victory and grant benefits to all players for a limited time:

+40% bonus XP when playing as the winning leader
+30% bonus XP when playing the second place leader
+25% bonus XP when playing the 3rd to 6th place leaders

I thought this game was supposed to be competitive. I would like to see some competitive events. Personally I just can't get motivated for an event that simply gives out prizes to everyone.

I guess it's like "Here come to this race and if you win then everyone who watched gets a ribbon!". Huh?

Yes, there is too many Usurper, Ardal and Foltest vs. DJ. We need more DJ vs. DJ. :facepalm:
Eh..... WHAAAAT????
Not enough DJ????
More people will now play SY means more people will play Usurper or Ardal.
IS THIS A JOKE????
I'm afraid not. This is the disconnect in full glory.
I thought this game was supposed to be competitive. I would like to see some competitive events. Personally I just can't get motivated for an event that simply gives out prizes to everyone.

I guess it's like "Here come to this race and if you win then everyone who watched gets a ribbon!". Huh?
Marketing. This was probably already planned and is still being pushed even with the current meta and community feedback. It's all so silly.

Last edited:
The AI very, very nearly destroyed me when I tried building a Syndicate deck some weeks ago. I think I'll skip this challenge as I've not got any better with the faction. :ROFLMAO:

Is it ignorance or just making idiots out of players? Maybe both together. It is another example of practicing a policy of pretending that nothing happened. It is about time to change the logo of the scarlet cardinal to the ostrich burying its head in the sand.

I'm still gonna go for Whoreson Junior but yeah, that's not gonna be much of a challenge. I think it may be if a hotfix modifies at least the provision costs of the SY leaders, all stuck at 15-16 (why?). DJ should be 11 or 12, Gudrun 13 or 14, KoB 14 (like broover?) or maybe 13, the fat guy (don't remember his name) 14 (he's still 6 points + 2 coins!) and maybe cleaver could be upped to 16. DJ would still win but at least we would be back to "strongest leaders have less provisions", which was supposed to be the reason of their provisions

Well, good thing I just said "screw it, might as well build SY," yesterday.

The winners get MORE rewards, what's the problem with that?

Still figuring out that it will be better for the game to make these SP rewards retroactive...

Could it be possible that this event is a disguised research? Maybe CDPR wish to see directly who is the most preferable (and strongest) leader within the context of his/her own faction, and are all protests warrented... Should DJ proves to be the ultimate, unquestionable leader of all leaders, then... well, we shall wait and see.

Could it be possible that this event is a disguised research? Maybe CDPR wish to see directly who is the most preferable (and strongest) leader within the context of his/her own faction, and are all protests warrented... Should DJ proves to be the ultimate, unquestionable leader of all leaders, then... well, we shall wait and see.
Even if that was the case this proves nothing, it's proved by experience in other CCGs as well that STATISTICS is not accurate in terms of determining which thing is broken or not. DJ is ridiculous in terms of raw power in his leader alone, 60 point swing with a 2 card combo. Furthermore, DJ could have THE WORST statistic out of all the SY leaders, but that would be because Usurper and Ardal are farming the ladder right now. Until people and CDPR understand that the sheer EXISTENCE of DJ and Foltest are determining what is playable or not in the meta, the game would be in this unfun and dull meta we are in right now. I refuse to believe that these past 2 weeks were not enough for the balance team to make the conclusion that The townsfolk and Commanders combo is unfair to play against and there is no counterplay for it if you are not using a specific deck/leader! This is disrespectful towards the players and the streamers who are committing so much time into playing this game.

Is it ignorance or just making idiots out of players? Maybe both together. It is another example of practicing a policy of pretending that nothing happened. It is about time to change the logo of the scarlet cardinal to the ostrich burying its head in the sand.
There's always been big problems with consistency and questionable decisions in general. Even lessons the people in charge of these things learnt in the past have been lost. Think, for example, Vigo's Muzzle vs Sweers, and even worse, Philippa Eilhart and Ardal.

Burza on twitter: "Dijkstra is currently the fourth most played leader (...) yet still he's seen as the number one most played. Also, balance changes will be coming by the end of the month."

Let me guess:
4. DJ
3. Foltest
2. Ardal
1. Usurper

Ofc he is only the 4. if the first 3 counter him...is that mean DJ is not OP? :think:

Top Bottom