Announcing new mobile game — The Witcher: Monster Slayer!

+

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED

We’re happy to announce The Witcher: Monster Slayer — a free-to-play, augmented-reality, location-based RPG for iOS and Android developed and published by Spokko, member of the CD PROJEKT Family!

Monsters are freely roaming the land in great numbers, and the relatively new role of “witcher” has become indispensable around the Continent. The world will not hear of Geralt of Rivia for hundreds more years. You need to take up the mantle, become an elite monster slayer and rid the world of foul beasts.

The game, featuring console-grade visuals, challenges you to explore the world around you while tracking, studying, and fighting monsters. You can use time of day and real-life weather conditions to your advantage, but most importantly, always come to the fight prepared! In order to defeat tougher enemies you can brew powerful potions and oils, craft bombs and monster bait as well as upgrade your character’s skills and equipment.

In addition to first-person AR combat the game also contains rich, story-driven quests that will take you on full-fledged adventures on your way to becoming a professional monster slayer.

The Witcher: Monster Slayer is coming to iOS and Android soon! To be up-to-date follow the game on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube, and visit the official The Witcher: Monster Slayer website.

This could be the project that CDPR has been anticipating about the Witcher franchise?
Basically the Diablo Immoral version of CDPR

What would you like more, a Nekkersaur or a Kikimander :beer:

What is the fascination with mobile games? Has to be the money...

Would much rather see development go towards more substantial games. The Witcher series is popular because of its story, narration, characterisation and setting... not gimicky gameplay for frivolous devices...

Hmm. Yet another mobile offshoot I can neither quite fully grasp, nor that I'd ever play. Ach, well, at least it keeps the good name of the Witcher in the public's eye, and silver swords in players' hands.

All the best to the REDs, and to those who fancy this sort of game, though!

However, here's hoping for something much more substantial in future!
cheers_80_80.png

A bit late, perhaps, but, for those who may be interested in whence this new addition to The Witcher family sprang, here's a short documentary about the creators, and their creation:

I can't say this changes my mind much about the game's prospects; however, I can always respect creative individuals, who pursue their dreams, and manage to make them reality (even if it is augmented).

Top Bottom