(spoilers) About Stennis in Roche's path...

+
(spoilers) About Stennis in Roche's path...

If player choose Iorveth, Geralt has to solve mystery behind Saskia's poisoning. One of the main suspect is princ Stennis. He can be killed by peasants or be saved.
I started playing few days ago and chose Roche's path. I noticed that in cutscene where curse began to work, we can see aedirnian soldier and prince Stennis helping Saskia (who is wounded after duel with Henselt) on her feet.
Do you think this could be proof for Stennis's innocence? After all, if Stennis wanted to kill Saskia, he could just leave her behind with Henselt and specters. And I highly doubt Geralt decision in Flotsam (helping Roche or Iorveth) would affect Stennis in any way.

If player choose Iorveth, Geralt has to solve mystery behind Saskia's poisoning. One of the main suspect is princ Stennis. He can be killed by peasants or be saved.
I started playing few days ago and chose Roche's path. I noticed that in cutscene where curse began to work, we can see aedirnian soldier and prince Stennis helping Saskia (who is wounded after duel with Henselt) on her feet.
Do you think this could be proof for Stennis's innocence? After all, if Stennis wanted to kill Saskia, he could just leave her behind with Henselt and specters. And I highly doubt Geralt decision in Flotsam (helping Roche or Iorveth) would affect Stennis in any way.

He does want her dead, but in a way that doesn't seem suspicious to him, leaving her behind to the spectres would seem very guilty and he wanted to take over Aedirn with the people's support, seeing as Saskia was the "Jon of Arc" of Aedirn, he wanted to replace her in a way that seemed noble and not linked to him.

Basically he wanted to be the "light of hope" for the Aedirnian people, and he was willing to extinguish the current light for that purpose.

Last edited:
I'm still not comfortable with Stennis's motive for wanting her dead. Olcan was warning Stennis against her, and Stennis replied "all my other commanders have betrayed me". Even Stennis knows better than to try to fight the battle without her: he may be a fool, but he is not so great a fool as to compass his own defeat.

I think Stennis's complicity was limited to being so blind to the plot against Saskia that he did nothing to stop it, and thoughtlessly gave orders that allowed it to be executed. Olcan was the architect of the plot and the one who did the most to further it. But where would he procure the poison? It doesn't impress me as something a priest would know how to whip up in his living room. But Philippa did know how to make it, did know the proper dose, did know the antidote, and did know how to tamper with the antidote.

So I believe Philippa set up Olcan, who was the one who wanted Saskia dead, with a poison exactly suited to making Philippa a hero with a pet dragon.

Though Philippa said to Geralt that she didn't know Saskia was a dragon before she was poisoned. She could lie of course to cover the involvement.

I would not expect Philippa to be generous with the truth... Even Olcan sniffed out Saskia's identity, and Philippa's got to be better at mind probing than he was. She also claimed to have been fooled by Cynthia, but that claim is also a bit doubtful.

I think his desire to be rid of her didn't really form until he got to Vergen and got a real idea of how she was viewed compared to him. Also the way she just took over civil management with just a token acknowledgement of his kingship probably didn't help.

Top Bottom