'On thin ice' bug - Patch 1.10

+
'On thin ice' bug - Patch 1.10

Hello everyone. I'll start by saying that i'm in love with this game, the characters, the medieval atmosphere and the story (all these being the reason that made me read all books because i wanted to know more).
I played the game 3 times, this last playthrough is on NG+. I encountered a few bugged quests and i waited for this patch, hoping for things to be fixed. However, some of them have been fixed, but unfortunately i encountered lately a game breaker bug. I just checked if anyone else has mentioned this, and since no one said anything regarding this problem, I had to post it here, hoping for a solution.
Check my screenshots taken during the quest 'On thin ice' please.(I play on PC, no mods whatsoever).
The wild hunt warriors and even Caranthir are motionless. The same situation with Eredin, and the game stops in this stage, meaning - nothing else happens.
What's going on? Anyone else has encountered this situation? :(

Attachments

• On thin ice fight_1.jpg
    On thin ice fight_1.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 194
  • On thin ice fight_2.jpg
    On thin ice fight_2.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 206
  • On thin ice fight_3.jpg
    On thin ice fight_3.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 188
  • On thin ice fight_4.jpg
    On thin ice fight_4.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 153
Some people mentioned that verifying game integrity in steam/galaxy fixed the stuck enemies issue.

If you have the standalone installers from gog, maybe you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the base game, followed by 1.10 patch, followed by 1.10 DLC installer pack.

Hello!
I am having the same problem but on 1.12.1, reinstalling the game, verifying the game through Galaxy helped with frozen enemies at first, but Caranthir takes no damage, making progress impossible. I also tried deleting my Witcher 3 folder in documents and only backupped the saved games, but to no avail. This thread is the only one I can find related to this mission, some people are having same kind of problems in different missions, but they get fixed with verifying the install.

I'd really like to finally finish this game, I have 150+ hours under my belt and I'd like to to the DLC in NG+ if possible, and not start a new game.

Last edited:
hi, I have exactly the same problem as Caarle. At first, enemies were frozen, but that was solved with verifying the game cache. Now Caranthir is invincible... I've sent a support ticket as you said, please solve this issue fast! I reallly realy really want to finish this game =D

Top Bottom