The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -- Blood and Wine named Best RPG during The Game Awards 2016

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -- Blood and Wine named Best RPG during The Game Awards 2016

We're proud to inform that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -- Blood and Wine expansion pack has won the award for Best Role Playing Game during this year’s The Game Awards gala in Los Angeles.

“Back in the day, when games were distributed mainly on CDs, it was popular to release so called add on discs. They were often multi-hour adventures that required a serious amount of work to be created, and contained new features that significantly influenced gameplay. When we first thought about how an expansion to The Witcher 3 might look like, we decided that we wanted to bring that way of thinking back,” said Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, Game Director, CD PROJEKT RED. “The fact that our expansion was nominated for TGA’s Best RPG was great on its own; the fact that it got the award is mind-blowing.” Tomaszkiewicz adds.

Two weeks earlier, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -- Blood and Wine also won the award for Best Storytelling and Best Visual Design, at the Golden Joystick Awards, with Doug Cockle, voice of Geralt of Rivia in the English localization of the game, winning the award for Best Gaming Performance. CD PROJEKT RED was awarded the title of Studio of the Year.

Yep, well deserved.
Some people said " But it's only an Expansion..." but for me , it's clearly more.

Whoa...haven't been here a while, what's with all the white? Oh and congratz! ( and let's celebrate this opportunity with some damn info on Cyberpunk! :p)

Welcome back.
Zagor-Te-Nay;n7150190 said:
what's with all the white?
In honour of the White Wolf, of course. (You can adjust it to blue and red by selecting the 'Blood and Wine' theme in the lower bottom left of the page, if you like.)
Zagor-Te-Nay;n7150190 said:
let's celebrate this opportunity with some damn info on Cyberpunk! :p
Nice try.
(All such enquires are to be addressed to Sardukhar , waiting in anticipation and agony, third forum on you right, down the dark tunnel, round the corner, inside the dusty cabinet on the left, next to the refrigerator. He'll be more than happy to tell you everything he can.)

Well deserved indeed! the expansion has this bittersweet feeling for me (the music helps a lot, when it works and its properly sync and not in delay, please fix that!) and its a great way of closing this series..that ending man!

The more I play this game (over 500 hours /played) the more I realize that there will probably never be another RPG this well made. TW3 deserves everything it earned & more, and Blood and Wine is the crowning achievement.

Top Bottom