New faction in GWENT. Nilfgaard is coming!

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
New faction in GWENT. Nilfgaard is coming!

We would like to announce the upcoming arrival of a new playable faction in GWENT: The Witcher Card Game — Nilfgaard.

Part of a major content update for the game, Nilfgaard introduces a playstyle focused on maintaining control over the battlefield. The faction equips players with a set of new gameplay mechanics such as revealing cards in the opponent’s hand, controlling the order of cards in player decks, and trickery based on the use of disloyal units.

The update expands the number of cards available in the game by over 60 — new additions also include faction-specific cards for Northern Realms, Scoia'tael, Skellige and Monsters, as well as neutral cards usable by every faction.

The content update introducing Nilfgaard is scheduled for release on February 6th, 2017.

GWENT is currently available in Closed Beta. Players wishing to participate in the beta can register on the official website.

I saw no premium Fiend. That card's premium version is even already in the game. You can see it in one (or all?) of the tutorials.

CoconutChriss;n7619120 said:
So they really took a fan design for Vilgefortz?
Card reads: Nemanja Stankovic, who's an illustrator at CDPR, so...

Last edited:
I am very confused at this moment. I saw videos on youtube of people showing the new deck; McBeard and KingBlackToof. My guess is that they are the game developers and eventually show some decks and cool mechanics of the game to give the players ideas to build their decks. Then I saw another channel showing the new deck with everything in Portuguese.
After all, who has access to the new things in advance?!

ffabrao;n7622730 said:
I don't know about the Portuguese, but McBeard and KingBlackToof were invited to a special preview of the new content at the CD Projekt RED studio. As far as we know, only those who were present at this event had temporary access to the upcoming changes.

ffabrao;n7622730 said:
I am very confused at this moment. I saw videos on youtube of people showing the new deck; McBeard and KingBlackToof. My guess is that they are the game developers and eventually show some decks and cool mechanics of the game to give the players ideas to build their decks. Then I saw another channel showing the new deck with everything in Portuguese.

Some YouTubers/Streamers visited our studio last week to check out Nilfgaard with us. Our developers also went to meet up with guys in Brazil, Germany and Russia - that explains other language versions. :)

I have respect for all decks but they are running scoia'tael in the ground the last patch....we get a gold card SCHIRRU that is very situational and pretty much hurts us because one of our deck strong suits is spawning special cards but I learned that NILFGARRD has a card that act like a single card scorch that picks what card to scorch....tell me why SCHIRRU don't work in that way....so now in this recent patch they taking another thing away that gives scoia'tael value and that's having agile cards where you can play on any row.....and in the new patch coming up we are getting another useless gold card that locks cards on its row abilities after 2 turns.....and why do I find that useless because its very very situational because most likely if a gold card is down it has already used its ability....unless the card stops all gold cards that are played on the row from triggering there abilities then this card is another gold card that will collect dust.....plus now mercenary is a relentless card so it cant be replayed by blue mountain card which now both are none agile and about 2 or 3 other cards that was agile or none agile now.....recap scoia'tael is losing its strengths while other decks are getting new ones that actually helps there decks....so now we lose our spawning special cards because now mercenary cant be replayed so that's only 3 special cards we can spawn....plus our new silver card is not all that good because again one of our strengths is damaging cards but our silver sets all cards on that row to base strength everytime its our turn....yes it is kinda good but just like I said if we are good at damaging cards but this card sets everycard on that row back to base strength then it defeats the purpose of one of our strong suits and even though it can be played on our side as well its no good to do that because our base strength of our cards are low from the beginning....all that been said I love this deck....monster is the only other deck I would play but I like the leve of skill you have to have to make a scoia'tael deck work....but they just keep adding cards that don't do nothing for the deck we are losing our strong suit with each patch

LIEtqME;n7626910 said:
I like the level of skill you have to have to make a scoia'tael deck work.

I lol'ed. Poor ST cheese player. Welcome to the new patch. Get used to it.

I want to know what you mean by cheese player and what deck do you run.....I run a ST deck with no weather cards so yes my deck does require you to have skill

Burza46;n7615550 said:
The content update introducing Nilfgaard is scheduled for release on February 6th, 2017

perfect timing, I'll have the day off after the Super Bowl on Feb 5th, guess I'll be playing Gwent all day :D

KasumiGoto;n7630030 said:
For me it sucks, because it's a workday :sadtriss: Why not weekend CDPR pls!

Well, technically, it's also a workday for CDPR, and -- rather incredibly -- their offices are closed on the week-ends.

Please if possible give us patch note early so that we can have good idea about all exiting card changes & plan our next strategies with available factions.

Top Bottom