Are you up for a Challenge?

+

Dominika

CD PROJEKT RED

Choose your favourite Thronebreaker leader, complete quests, and earn rewards in the new Leader Challenge!

How to participate?
  1. Log in to the game.
  2. Select the faction leader you wish to support – Meve for Northern Realms, Eldain for Scoia’tael, Ardal aep Dahy for Nilfgaard, Arnjolf the Patricide for Skellige, or Gernichora for Monsters — via the Leader Challenge popup or the Quests tab.
  3. Play games* and complete special quests to earn rewards: Faction Kegs and Reward Points.

Faction leader whose supporters complete the most quests during the challenge will claim victory, granting benefits to all players for a limited time:
  • a special Arena event with the winning leader
  • 1 free Mirror Shard (Arena ticket) for everyone who has participated in the Challenge
  • +50% bonus XP when playing as the winning leader in Seasonal and Classic modes
  • a chance to stock up on the winning leader’s Faction Kegs in the Shop

The Leader Challenge will last until Friday, March 15th, 12 PM (noon) CET.
————————

* Games played or won before committing to a specific faction will not count toward your challenge progress.
* Only games played in Seasonal and Classic modes will count toward you challenge progress – you will not be able to complete quests via friend challenges or in the Arena.

Gerni seems favored, both in ability and popularity. But perhaps I'll give Meve a go! Thanks for the event!

@Dominika

Do these quests count as Faction Challenge quests as well?
If they do, they aren't being considered as such within the game.

(For example: the counter for the Apprentice contract requiring me to 'Win X quests for Monsters Faction' hasn't increased despite being finished with the first 2 MO / Gerni quests.)

Just wanted to ask the same as poster above. I did first quest for Meve and even if it shows 1 earned point in quest tracker it did not add to my unfinished faction challenge for NR.
So can we earn faction challenge points with leader challenge?

Hello,
Sorry if this seems dumb, but in the last monster challenge, what does "Play 80 Thrive units while using Gernichora" exactly mean? After 3 matches, packed with Thrive units, my counter is only at 2/80. Does this count only the units played right after, or right before spawning a Fruit, is it something like this? Or what am I missing here?
Thanks

Nerys

Forum regular
Yep. 5th quest is bugged. Same with NR. I had 25 progress in NR quest and then after 2 games it was still 25 :shrug:.

Same with Gernichora, I played 2 Nekkers, 2 Nekker Warriors, Wyyvern, 2 Drowners and after the game was still at 13 Thrive units played, so I did not even get a single one of those.

As stated above, the 5th monster quest is very bugged. I just finished a match with a Gernichora thrive deck and only got 1 counter towards the " Play 80 Thrive units while using Gernichora." At this rate its gonna take 80 matches to complete. Is that intetional?:shrug:

Yep. 5th quest is bugged. Same with NR. I had 25 progress in NR quest and then after 2 games it was still 25 :shrug:.

I think that if anyone forefits regardless of round or how many cards played, the quest does not grant credit for the match. I played a SK deck with 17 possible bloodthrists (revive cards are a factor.) I won the first round and finished my deck in the second round. When we went to the third the opponent was taking too long so I forefited (again literally no cards in my hand or deck. The quest counter was 27 before the match and 27 after the match. This is my best guess as to why.

I think that if anyone forefits regardless of round or how many cards played, the quest does not grant credit for the match. I played a SK deck with 17 possible bloodthrists (revive cards are a factor.) I won the first round and finished my deck in the second round. When we went to the third the opponent was taking too long so I forefited (again literally no cards in my hand or deck. The quest counter was 27 before the match and 27 after the match. This is my best guess as to why.
I experienced the same when my opponent forfeited and another time my opponent forfeited I did gain counters for it.
The odd part is that I remember getting 4 counters for thrive units in one game, despite playing 6+ non-fruit thrive units (counting nekkers as 1 instance).

Choose your favourite Thronebreaker leader, complete quests, and earn rewards in the new Leader Challenge!

How to participate?

1. Log in to the game.
  2. Select the faction leader you wish to support – Meve for Northern Realms, Eldain for Scoia’tael, Ardal aep Dahy for Nilfgaard, Arnjolf the Patricide for Skellige, or Gernichora for Monsters — via the Leader Challenge popup or the Quests tab.
  3. Play games* and complete special quests to earn rewards: Faction Kegs and Reward Points.

Faction leader whose supporters complete the most quests during the challenge will claim victory, granting benefits to all players for a limited time:

• a special Arena event with the winning leader
  • 1 free Mirror Shard (Arena ticket) for everyone who has participated in the Challenge
  • +50% bonus XP when playing as the winning leader in Seasonal and Classic modes
  • a chance to stock up on the winning leader’s Faction Kegs in the Shop

The Leader Challenge will last until Friday, March 15th, 12 PM (noon) CET.
————————

* Games played or won before committing to a specific faction will not count toward your challenge progress.
* Only games played in Seasonal and Classic modes will count toward you challenge progress – you will not be able to complete quests via friend challenges or in the Arena.
The last quest for Skellige seems to bugged for me. I don't get points for playing bloodthirst cards. :/

I just finished a game with arnjolf. I played 17 bloodthrist cards (some revive involved.) My opponent played 22 cards I played 25 (he is using NG throne breaker leader.) In round 3 he won, 3 cards left. It ended with us both passing. I went in with 27 cards toward the challenge and I did not get credit for a single card. Some were used with bloodthrist condition met, some were not. This quest is broken, not bugged, broken. CDPR should give everyone who completed 4 credit for 5 and move on.

As stated above, the 5th monster quest is very bugged. I just finished a match with a Gernichora thrive deck and only got 1 counter towards the " Play 80 Thrive units while using Gernichora." At this rate its gonna take 80 matches to complete. Is that intetional?:shrug:

Having the same issue. I've tried using Gernichora's spawning fruit and then consuming it to initiate thrive boost but even that is not adding to counter. What am I missing?

Top Bottom