Developer Stream 09.03.2020

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED

Join us LIVE Monday, March 9th, 2020 at 7PM CET at twitch.tv/cdprojektred for the Developer stream! Pawel Burza and Jason Slama will go over the upcoming hotfix for update 5.2!See you there!

DRK3

Forum veteran
Maybe if they made a stream BEFORE the 5.2 patch, this hotfix wouldnt be necessary and these controversies regarding auto-mill, meteorite powder nodes value changes and seasonal trees not cycling, all could have been averted... :shrug:

I am also strongly for reverting the automill feature. I got such a satisfying feeling from clicking that cool icon they gave you. I don't keep my cards for any reason, so my reasoning is purely because it was so much fun clicking that button myself! :D

Maybe if they made a stream BEFORE the 5.2 patch, this hotfix wouldnt be necessary and these controversies regarding auto-mill, meteorite powder nodes value changes and seasonal trees not cycling, all could have been averted... :shrug:
You mean like a consultative dev stream, asking for feedback on plans/proposals? I would fall off my chair being surprised.

Hope to see past seasonal trees added permanently to the reward book, with the nodes that players already completed in the past;

Get rid of the auto-mill or at the very least make it a smart auto-mill that leaves players cards for transmuting;

And finally I would like to see a stop to the insane nerfs to existing reward trees, reinstate them to the original versions, and only implement the powder changes to New Trees if they are really that necessary; You can rename the old powder nodes to legacy if you think this would confuse new players as to why the old trees give more powder;

Guest 4368728

Hope to see past seasonal trees added permanently to the reward book, with the nodes that players already completed in the past;

Get rid of the auto-mill or at the very least make it a smart auto-mill that leaves players cards for transmuting;

And finally I would like to see a stop to the insane nerfs to existing reward trees, reinstate them to the original versions, and only implement the powder changes to New Trees if they are really that necessary; You can rename the old powder nodes to legacy if you think this would confuse new players as to why the old trees give more powder;

I definitely would like to see seasonal trees added permanently or, at least, cycled back without any previous unlocked nodes lost. Either would be a HUGE plus for fans of this game.

Gwent doesn't look like a game that tracks/backups player actions and has the option to revert the changes. I reckon that spare cards are lost forever. CDPR can manually adjust the tree rewards to bring it back to how it was but if you for example completed some nodes since the patch, I don't think you will get extra rewards to compensate for the difference.

Overall, CDPR is recently more about taking than giving so I expect that they will apologise in the stream but the players will get nothing.

Let's see if my crystal ball gives correct predictions.

Gwent doesn't look like a game that tracks/backups player actions and has the option to revert the changes. I reckon that spare cards are lost forever. CDPR can manually adjust the tree rewards to bring it back to how it was but if you for example completed some nodes since the patch, I don't think you will get extra rewards to compensate for the difference.

Overall, CDPR is recently more about taking than giving so I expect that they will apologise in the stream but the players will get nothing.

That would be a real bummer, but it's the most likely scenario :(

I have no idea why are so many complaining about auto-mill. It is perfectly normal feature.
I'm really curious about the old seasonal trees. Promises were made, and promises should be kept. I don't understand why were they accessible only for a month in the first place. They contain pieces of lore, so you should be able to at least see them all the time.
They will probably anounce or at least hint the next expansion. There are supposed to be 3 expansions this year and the last one will probably be released in December, so the 1st one should be released in April.

That would be a real bummer, but it's the most likely scenario :(

I have no idea why are so many complaining about auto-mill. It is perfectly normal feature.
I'm really curious about the old seasonal trees. Promises were made, and promises should be kept. I don't understand why were they accessible only for a month in the first place. They contain pieces of lore, so you should be able to at least see them all the time.
They will probably anounce or at least hint the next expansion. There are supposed to be 3 expansions this year and the last one will probably be released in December, so the 1st one should be released in April.

I can live with the Powder change...I'm not happy about it, but it does not affect my fun.
But I want the Seasonal Trees back, and will be very dissapointed, if they don't bring them back.

But I hope we don't get a stream like this:

I'll be slightly more optimistic and predict they'll bring back the seasonal trees. I doubt we'll get more. Hard to imagine really how it could technically work to selectively revert all those transactions.

I hope they'll announce that this is where they'll stopping this trend so players know what they sign up for.

idk why I can watch the stream early but they make very good points. I forgive you guys for the misstep with automilling and meteroite powder.

Love the game. Love the team. Keep up the great work guys!

DRK3

Forum veteran
@StanislavOZZO Just finished the stream and you were right on the money, regarding the auto-mill and how they dont back up the data so they cant revert the changes and the dupes players got auto-milled which they wanted to keep.

At least we got some good news regarding the seasonal trees, and the meteorite powder situation they still havent cleared up (probably will change the 100/200/300/400 MP to transmute cards that has been in effect for so long), but it will probably be an improvement and they did say they'll try to warn what the changes will be before they are implemented (like they ALWAYS should do).

Some good, some bad points from the stream.

Great that they are bringing the seasonal trees back, for at least one more year. But IMO the trees should not just dissapear from the game and should have their own pages in the reward book so you can view them and the lore in them any time, even if after a certain point they won't be unlockable.

In regards to powder it seems like they themselves have no idea what they want to do with it; and I find it troubling when they said "hopefully" we will tell you ahead of time about the changes. There should be no hopefully, if you are fundamentaly changing paid currencies, how you obtain them, and how they work you need to announce this change weeks ahead of the actual implementation!
And not basically leave everyone in limbo for the rest of March not knowing what is going to happen with the most expensive currency in the game!

Finally in regards to milling, as they admitted themselves its a damn mess; and basically by delaying the no-mill for extra transmute copies until End of March, and no way of reverting milling that has already been done; what the developers are basically saying is don't play our game for a month or you will get screwed (if you haven't already) if by accident you click on the deck builder or if you want to build any new decks.
The fix for this should have been implemented ASAP, NOT end of the month by which time a lot more people will get screwed over by the auto-mill.

Last edited:
game is too generous. looks like they are going to reduce meteorite powder income from trees or maybe increase the transmute amount cost.

Top Bottom