Pride Month charity stream is coming!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED

Love conquers all! In celebration of Pride Month, we are hosting a charity stream on our Twitch channel this Friday, June 18th, from 9AM to 10PM CEST. Nine of our team members have joined up for stream sessions from our games old and new all day long to raise funds for the charity KPH.

Kampania Przeciw Homofobii (Campaign Against Homophobia) is a Polish NGO that works for homosexual, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people and their relatives through political, social and legal advocacy.

While watching our hosts play our games including The Witcher, The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, GWENT: The Witcher Card Game, Thronebreaker: The Witcher tales, and Cyberpunk 2077 you will be able to donate money to the NGO.

We are delighted to confirm that we will match your donations up to 50 000 PLN! If you’d like to participate, make sure to join the party on our Twitch channel this Friday!

Here is the detailed schedule of the stream (time in CEST):

Where and when is the stream going to take place?

The Charity stream will start on Friday June 18th at 9AM CEST on CD PROJEKT RED’s Twitch channel.

Who is going to stream?

The stream will be hosted by CD PROJEKT RED team members: Ryan Shou, Alicja Kozera, Paweł Burza, Gabriela Pešková, Magdalena Czarnecka, Monika Janowska, Miles Tost, Philipp Weber and Amelia Kołat.

What games are going to be streamed?

We will stream GWENT: The Witcher Card Game, Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales, The Witcher, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Cyberpunk 2077. The full schedule can be found above.

Who are you donating the money to?

The donations will be made to Kampania Przeciw Homofobii (Campaign Against Homophobia) as a support activity for Pride Month.

How does the matching donation system work?

For each donation made by one of you, we will match it by the same amount, up to a total of 50 000 PLN. This means that if 50.000 PLN is raised during the stream, we will donate an additional 50 000 PLN for a total of 100 000 PLN donated to KPH.

btw why gay people need charity ? that is a serious question please don't delete

It works the same way most militant NPOs work: it helps financing services for people who are victim to injustices such as violence, psychological distress, labour discrimination etc., but it also helps financing political, legal and congressional actions in order to make the system less discriminatory or at the very least more accepting; that and campaigns for promoting inclusion and acceptance

It's especially relevant in Poland where LGBT stigma is very high

Reminder, as per the Forum Regulations you all agreed to before posting here:

When perusing the forums, you will often find people passionately expressing their opinions, which may differ from yours. Regardless of these differences, please, keep the following basic rules in mind:

• always treat others with kindness and respect
Failure to comply with this basic requirement of communication will lead to temporary or permanent suspension of posting privileges.

i am asking myself that too .Everyting is going to hell ,,We need to heelp hungry and poor people not those (what ever they call them)
because people want to have the same legal rights as other people in the society they live in, something lgbt+ individuals (such as me) don't have in a considerable amount of places in the world. And trying to achieve that doesn't in any way stop the tackling of other issues such as poverty and hunger. I hope this helped in some way.

because people want to have the same legal rights as other people in the society they live in, something lgbt+ individuals (such as me) don't have in a considerable amount of places in the world. And trying to achieve that doesn't in any way stop the tackling of other issues such as poverty and hunger. I hope this helped in some way.
I couldn't have said it better. Equality is an important value for me. (y)

A thousand times this. I don't understand where this myth comes from that societies can only handle one issue at a time :/

Also, Happy Pride everyone :)

Last edited:
I'm sorry to be the bad guy here, but what activities in favor of homosexuals in countries where they are persecuted do you carry out?

Don't take it badly, I'm in favor of sexual freedom. But I have already seen too many NGOs take money and allocate a tiny part to what they say they fight for.

So simply telling me that you fight for gay rights and give you my money is not going to convince me.

What exactly are your activities?

PS: I wonder if this will also be one of those cases in which a company (steam in this case) puts many colorful flags in western countries in which homosexuals are not persecuted to give themselves good publicity, (and win more sales) but in the countries where homosexuals are persecuted (or even murdered) do not see anything that suggests that Steam supports the rights of homosexuals (not to lose sales).

Last edited:
PS: I wonder if this will also be one of those cases in which a company (steam in this case) puts many colorful flags in western countries in which homosexuals are not persecuted to give themselves good publicity, (and win more sales) but in the countries where homosexuals are persecuted (or even murdered) do not see anything that suggests that Steam supports the rights of homosexuals (not to lose sales).
Just to let you know that even in the western countries, the people from the LGBTQ+ community are still being persecuted. It's true that there is a rainbow washing phenomenon in many industries, in which they try to capitalized the suffering of the LGBTQ+ community.

That being said, everyday you can hear and see people from the LGBTQ+ community getting beated up, raped, killed or abused. It even goes to the point of not having the same financial opportunities as the heterosexual people. Sometimes, they are even rejected from their own families or churches for simply being who they are. So yes, the LGBTQ+ community is still persecuted in the western countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom