Patch Notes 10.1

+

Welcome in the New Year!

In the spirit of "new year, new me", our Draft Mode leaves early access, which means that some long awaited changes are coming to it!

Read more for details on that, and the upcoming balance changes below.

New Features

Draft mode leaves early access!
  • Tickets - Starting a new run in Draft mode will now require a ticket. Each player will be granted a free ticket upon login!
  • Rewards - Players will now be rewarded based on the performance of their runs.
Changes
  • Initiative changed to: Trigger this ability if you haven't used an Order this turn (Note: Leader abilities are also Orders)
Neutral
  • Fisher King: Power changed from 5 to 6.
  • Knickers: Provision cost changed from 8 to 7.
  • Roach: Power changed from 3 to 4.
Monsters
  • Mourntart: Armor changed from 1 to 4. Provision cost changed from 8 to 7.
  • Old Speartip: Asleep: Power changed from 9 to 6. Armor changed from 0 to 2. Provision cost changed from 9 to 6. Ability changed to: After 3 turns, Summon Old Speartip from your deck to this row and increase its base power by 6, then Banish self. If Old Speartip: Asleep takes damage, Summon Old Speartip from your deck, then Banish self instead.
Skellige
  • No changes
Northern Realms
  • Uprising: Updated the tooltip to reflect the change from Hotfix 9.6.1.
  • Istredd: Provision cost changed from 7 to 6.
Scoia'tael
  • Invigorate: Provision bonus changed from 16 to 15. Ability changed to: Order: Boost 4 units in your hand by 1. Charges: 3.
  • Milva: Sharpshooter: Order damage changed from 2 to 1.
  • Sirssa: Deploy effect changed to: Damage an enemy unit by 2, then boost a random unit in your hand by 2.
  • Dwarven Agitator: Power changed from 3 to 5. Ability changed to: Deploy: Give 1 Armor to 2 Dwarves in your hand. Whenever you play a Dwarf, give it 1 Armor.
  • Hawker Support: Ability changed to: Deploy: Boost an allied unit in your hand by 1. If a unit was already boosted, boost it by 3 instead.
  • Vrihedd Saboteur: Ability changed to: Deploy: Boost an allied unit by 1. If you control an Artifact, boost an allied unit by 3 instead.
Nilfgaard
  • Ardal aep Dahy: Adjusted the wording of the ability. The ability itself remains unchanged.
  • Rience: Power changed from 5 to 6.
  • Tourney Shaelmaar: Provision cost changed from 8 to 6.
  • Vilgefortz: Renegade: Power changed from 6 to 8.
Syndicate
  • Fabian Hale: Provision cost changed from 8 to 7.
  • Ignatius Hale: Tribute cost changed from 9 to 7.
  • King of Beggars: Power changed from 4 to 3. Provision cost changed from 10 to 12. Counter changed from 9 to 12.
  • Octavia Hale: Power changed from 7 to 6. Provision cost changed from 7 to 6. Has a new part of ability: Fee: 1: Boost an allied Witch Hunter by 1.
  • Savvy Huckster: Added the Witch Hunter Category. Has a new part of ability: Fee 1: Gain Vitality (1)
  • Scapegoat: Power changed from 7 to 1. Ability changed to: Disloyal. Profit: 6. Deploy: Place a Bounty on self.
Game Fixes
  • Regis: Reborn now correctly reacts to Bleeding on units with Immunity.
  • Duchess's Informant and Emissary now correctly gain the Spying status, even if there were no targets for their Deploy abilities.
  • Interacting with the Draft menu no longer causes the play menu to sometimes become partially unresponsive on Android devices.

Last edited:
That's some update to start the year. Perhaps people will finally stop claiming Draft has been abandoned.

Roach and Knickers buffs are always nice. :D

Skellige
  • No changes
Haha, gotta love it.

Meanwhile, over at ST table:
-Instead of fixing Madoc interaction, Milva got murdered. No surprises there. Card was too good for ST.
-Sirssa finally got her minimum wage fix. It can be considered in deck building now. Nice.
-Agitator kind of interesting: not too many ways to convert armor into points, but extra protection is always good.
-Hawker Support a nice change
-Saboteur kind of awkward: I can't really think of an artifact that would fit that well into a handbuff deck.
Overall, together with the Leader change, it seems like some nice support again for Handbuff, but remains to be seen if it can actually work with all that.

Can you stop buffing Clog please? The worst archetype you ever came up with...

Otherwise good changes, looking forward to playing some draft next month

Can you stop buffing Clog please? The worst archetype you ever came up with...

Otherwise good changes, looking forward to playing some draft next month
Try to see it from the bright side: lately most bronze units are getting buffs, so you'll have even more opportunity to play them instead of your golds!
See? Already better.

Gyg

Forum regular
Agitator change is an interesting one. If means more protection which is always nice. With 5 power and 1 armour from Makaham Forge you can't kill it with 5 damage and so it can generate some value. Still Dwarves won't be meta - they aren't greedy enougth to win as solitaire and lack meaningful control tools otherwise.

Well, it's more than was expected in the holiday season.
Still - no change to the totally annoying Onslaught?
Milva nerfed, although she could be used in different decks, while Madoc, being the autoinclude in unitless "decks" remains unchanged for many seasons? And handbuff becomes even handbuffier. Yay
I used King of Beggars in my "Hidden Cache" deck with low-tribute units. Now he almost exclusively works with high-tributes (read - pointslam combos with Savola or that pesky Salamander). Even less diversity then, imho.
Oh, and I just "love" the "Initiative" buff. More combos with degenerate Oneiromancy are back!
Perhaps I finish that last (broken) Regis ballroom attire quest and take a break for a month (for the first time since I started playing Gwent in Closed Beta). If the game keeps falling apart, I'll make this leave permanent.

I really like the Scapegoat change, however i think KoB misses the mark entirely. This is a nerf for every leader EXCEPT jackpot which is the most popular now anyway, the change does nothing for its powerlevel, it just makes it slightly more inconvenient in the deckbuilding. KoB still remains an autoinclude card but now you get punished for playing any other leader other than jackpot.

rrc

Forum veteran
Milva murder was an expected thing. That card was just too good for ST. She will now be completely dead and remain with Munro in the deck builder collecting dust. At least to compensate this HUGE nerf, she could have had her provision buffed to 10P or even 9P (and even then, 1 damage for the Deathblow is too hard and she may not be played with even the provision buff... so why to give a meaningless buff? So this is OK. At least the devs are clear with what they want).

The strongest decks didn't get any nerfs: Battle Trance and Double Cross. Why the hell is Gedy still 13P? That card plays for a million points. The assimilate never need any buff as it is still one of the strongest decks. But these buffs will be meaningless as Assimilate is currently in a very good spot and there is not any cards that need removed/changed.

Let's play the Invigorate for this month, as, in my assumption is now too strong and will be nerfed next month or very soon. I am actually surprised that the number of units were changed to be 4 instead of 3. Too good for ST standard. Overall, Invigorate and Handbuff changes are too good. I am very happy that we have something to play with this season.

I really like the Bounty change. Bounty needed this buff. Will definitely try some bounty decks too. Overall a very good patch. A little disappointed that SK and NG didn't get any nerfs, but very happy with Invigorate and Bounty buffs.

New King of Beggars will fit nicely with bounty buffs in an off the books deck too.

Honestly, the deck diversity impressed me last patch, and handbuff and bounty both look quite viable now. The scapegoat buff is MASSIVE and solves a lot of problems bounty decks had against unitless cancer. I can also see bounty decks working good with pirates cove too.

Milva nerf may make her unplayable now, we shall see.

Can someone explain the new Scapegoat to me please?

• Scapegoat: Power changed from 7 to 1. Ability changed to: Disloyal. Profit: 6. Deploy: Place a Bounty on self.
So basically you get 6 profit and -1 points
Compared to Beggar which gives your 3 profit and a body of 3.

Hence, your first beggar plays for 6 points (if you count 1 coin as I point)
Mutant Maker in Devotion would be 7 points
Scapegoat plays for 5 points since you get -1 point for playing it on the opponent's side. Since it is power 1 you will get 1 coin for killing it. So if you kill it it would play for 7 points, which is the same as mutant maker without needing the setup.

Also, in Jackpot, if you play Scapegoat with 5 coin, will you be giving your opponent a boosted unit? :shrug:

Scapegoat will be useful for decks that get stronger with more bounty kills, namely The Brute and Ignatius Hale. So bounty decks can get 9 points off each scapegoat. Scapegoat is extremely powerful way to generate coins on turns when your opponent is trying to hide their units to avoid giving you bounty kills. Now you get two free turns as a bounty player, but I probably wouldn't want to use more than 1 per round. Fills up the bank and buffs the deck with carryover. What's not to like about it? Combined with the new buffs to hucksters and Octavia (giving them spending options is huge), I'm excited to try something out.

Does anyone know when the patch goes live?

Milva murder was an expected thing. That card was just too good for ST. She will now be completely dead and remain with Munro in the deck builder collecting dust. At least to compensate this HUGE nerf, she could have had her provision buffed to 10P or even 9P (and even then, 1 damage for the Deathblow is too hard and she may not be played with even the provision buff... so why to give a meaningless buff? So this is OK. At least the devs are clear with what they want).

The strongest decks didn't get any nerfs: Battle Trance and Double Cross. Why the hell is Gedy still 13P? That card plays for a million points. The assimilate never need any buff as it is still one of the strongest decks. But these buffs will be meaningless as Assimilate is currently in a very good spot and there is not any cards that need removed/changed.

Let's play the Invigorate for this month, as, in my assumption is now too strong and will be nerfed next month or very soon. I am actually surprised that the number of units were changed to be 4 instead of 3. Too good for ST standard. Overall, Invigorate and Handbuff changes are too good. I am very happy that we have something to play with this season.

I really like the Bounty change. Bounty needed this buff. Will definitely try some bounty decks too. Overall a very good patch. A little disappointed that SK and NG didn't get any nerfs, but very happy with Invigorate and Bounty buffs.
I'm not as optimistic about the handbuff changes as you are. You get two more leader points, but lose 1p. Sirssa, as mentioned, is finally "just OK" now. The saboteur needs an artifact, which is awkward with handbuff, and even with the artifact on board, it's 3 body, 3 handbuff. Hawker is 3 body, 3 handbuff. Agitator no longer a handbuff card. And that's really it. Is it enough to make handbuff a meta archtype for ST this season? I'm really not sure.

Really dislike the Milva nerf. I agree she needed a nerf, but making it more difficult to get the deathblow will make it really inconvenient using her. It would have made much more sense removing the +1 damage on movements rather than touching her order ability. And at the same time Saskia goes unpunished?

Also Fabian Hale is still hot garbage. He should be a "Deploy: Purify and Place a Bounty on enemy unit." He's just an expensive Witch Hunter, he's still unplayable.

Top Bottom