DLSS 3 & Reflex PC Update

+

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED

An update for Cyberpunk 2077 is out on PC. It adds support for NVIDIA DLSS 3 and NVIDIA Reflex on compatible hardware. The update won't change the game version (1.61).

More information about DLSS can be found in this support article.

Note: If you're using GOG GALAXY, please make sure to also update the app. If the app is not up to date, the game will still work correctly but the GOG GALAXY Overlay will not run.

Did you really add reflex just for RTX 40 cards leaving rest alone? WHY????????????????
I understand frame generation but all of us need REFLEX to improve the gameplay.

CDPR again disappointing

Thank you CDPR!!! Best performance guaranteed!!! :ok: :ok:

But DLSS 3 with which cards does it work? I have the 3070RTX :shrug:

Did you really add reflex just for RTX 40 cards leaving rest alone? WHY????????????????
I understand frame generation but all of us need REFLEX to improve the gameplay.

CDPR again disappointing
Did you read the article in the support website ?

DLSS3 is only available with RTX 40 series, which is obvious. But I guess Reflex should be compatible with all the GPUs which support it.
"It adds support for NVIDIA DLSS 3 and NVIDIA Reflex on compatible hardware."
Your hardware is compatible with Reflex ? If yes, it's fine :)

CDPR again disappointing
NVIDIA Reflex technology arms developers with new features to minimize latency in their games. We’re seeing excellent responsiveness and player control with Fortnite running on the GeForce RTX 30 Series.” - Nick Penwarden, VP of Engineering, Epic Games.

“Valorant was designed from the beginning to be a precise, competitive FPS, and that means doing everything we can to ensure crisp, responsive gameplay. With GeForce RTX 30 Series and NVIDIA Reflex technology, we're able to serve players around the world with the lowest render latency possible.” - Dave Heironymus, Director of Technology - Valorant / Riot Games

NVIDIA Reflex will deliver latency improvements in GPU-intensive gaming scenarios on GeForce GTX 900 and higher NVIDIA graphics cards in top competitive games, including Fortnite, Valorant, Apex Legends, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Warzone, and Destiny 2.

With popular mid-range cards, like the GeForce GTX 1660 Super, gamers can expect up to a 33% improvement in PC responsiveness with Reflex. Add in a GeForce RTX 3080 and a 360Hz G-SYNC esports display, and gamers can play like the pros with the very lowest latency possible.

The support articles guide on how to enable it, only works in english-language windows. I dont know what Im supposed to open in my Finnish language windows..

edit: I found it, but still.

Just gave "Nvidia Reflex & boost" a test. When enabled i lost 10fps on the benchmark. Running a 3080 RTX

Performance after the patch deteriorated, where it was 70fps became 65. In the benchmark instead of 4810 it became 4560

So with 3070rtx I will not activate these new patch options. It harms my gaming experience. Thank you for your explanations. :beer:

So with 3070rtx I will not activate these new patch options. It harms my gaming experience. Thank you for your explanations. :beer:

At the moment, there isn't really any point for anyone with an RTX 3000 series GPU to get excited about this.

But, someone managed to get DLSS 3.0 and frame generation to work on a 2070 and create very impressive FPS gains. In CP2077 to boot. In other words, should CDPR not add official support for these features on older GPUs, modders have already done it to a certain degree and since it's now getting officially added, it may become far easier for them to properly enable it.

For the record, I doubt CDPR would enable it. I'm very confident in saying Nvidia likely does not want developers doing this as it would harm their ability to gatekeep this tech behind overpriced hardware.
Post automatically merged:

my game won't launch after the patch lol

Did you use mods prior to that patch?

If yes, either perform a clean install and play without mods (which will likely mean starting over) or wait for your mods to be updated to download their latest version.

At the moment, there isn't really any point for anyone with an RTX 3000 series GPU to get excited about this.

But, someone managed to get DLSS 3.0 and frame generation to work on a 2070 and create very impressive FPS gains. In CP2077 to boot. In other words, should CDPR not add official support for these features on older GPUs, modders have already done it to a certain degree and since it's now getting officially added, it may become far easier for them to properly enable it.

For the record, I doubt CDPR would enable it. I'm very confident in saying Nvidia likely does not want developers doing this as it would harm their ability to gatekeep this tech behind overpriced hardware.
Post automatically merged:

Did you use mods prior to that patch?

If yes, either perform a clean install and play without mods (which will likely mean starting over) or wait for your mods to be updated to download their latest version.
huh, that's good to know. real interesting. not unexpected whatsoever, but really interesting. so dlss3 doesn't have anything at all to do with hardware after all

Top Bottom