Patch Notes 11.4

+

The first card drop of 2023 is releasing tomorrow and we can not wait for you to get your hands on the 24 new cards.

As usual, there are also some changes to existing cards and we also celebrate 2 birthdays this month!

For the 4 final reveals, a rundown of the most important balance changes, and a personal message from Jean, make sure to check out the latest Developer Update:

New Features
Claw and Dagger - It is the time of trickery, concealment, and deceit, of carving your own path, no matter the cost. After all, who's going to be able to stop you?

This card drop introduces four new cards to each playable faction.

Yen and Ciri's Birthday Event - Join the birthday party and unlock special vanities by completing time-limited contracts. But that's not all! Visit the Shop to find even more themed goodies!

This event will be live from April 25th to May 9th.
Changes
Neutral

No changes.

Monsters

Armored Arachas - Power changed from 6 to 5.

Ability changed to:

Deploy: If there is another card on this row, Lock self.

Timer 3: If this row is full, boost self by 12.

Endrega Queen - Deploy ability changed to:

Consume an allied unit and gain Armor equal to its provision cost.

Idr - Provision cost changed from 7 to 9.

Ability changed to:

Whenever your opponent plays a unit on their side of the battlefield, damage it by 1 and gain a Charge.

Order: Spawn a Drone on this row.

Charges: 0

Kikimore Queen - Has a new part of ability:

Whenever you pay an Organic card, trigger own Thrive.

Nilfgaard

No changes.

Northern Realms

No changes.

Scoia'tael

No changes.

Skellige

Corrupted Flaminica - Ability changed to:

Deploy: Boost self by 2 for each unique beast in your graveyard.

Tuirseach Bearmaster - Power changed from 4 to 2.

Ability changed to:

Deploy: Boost self by the number of unique allied beasts.

Order: Damage self by own boost, then damage that many enemy units by 1.

Syndicate

Boris - Ability changed to:

At the start of your turn, wherever this card is, randomly change own Fee to a different cost between 1 and 9.

Fee 1: Move self to the other row, then boost self by the Fee cost. If you have 0 Coins, also gain 1 Coin for each allied unit on that row.

Cooldown: 1

Game Fixes

Stockpile, King Henselt, Rivian Pikeman, Siege Support, and Winch now work correctly with Fee cards that Cooldowns.

Dwimveandra no longer grants Zeal to Locations

The contracts for the Master Mirror evolving cards now count the number of times you play the final evolution, rather than how many times you reach the final evolution.

Last edited:
The good news is, there is no massive silent and invisible NG buff this patch.

The bad news is, the freaking horsies are still untouched.

I guess we're balancing with the new cards.
The horse spam makes really boring the meta...
Post automatically merged:

Do we have to go on a pilgrimage to the Lourde sanctuary to get the Golden Nekker/Magic Compass, Harmony and Nilfgaard cards nerfed?
The compass is the most unfair card in the game, Nilfgard decks are annoying to play against and Nekker really uninspiring....

You call that a patch/rework? Basically, no significant changes have been made. Especially to neutral cards which mostly generate toxicity of Gwent gameplay. Most of these neutral cards need rework. And the change that non-devotion deck may consist of 3 neutral cards only at the top. There should be also neutral faction for fellow gamers who wish to have more neutral cards in the deck (leaders are already present in the game such as Shupe, Regis, Dandelion, Alzur, Gascon, Gaunter O' Dimm). If you want, I can give suggestions for each card and develop changes in the game, if you are so lazy to do that. Gwent is beautiful and competitive card game, but ruined/unbalanced with some bad developer decisions. Some cards shouldn't be neutral at all, as some cards shouldn't be part of particular faction only. Thorough rework is needed. First Neutrals, then NG, NR, MO, ST, SK and SY. Neutrals have bunch of unutilised cards right now. Not having Ciri:Falka and her bandit gang which is a huge part of Sapkowski's Witcher saga is unforgiven in neutrals.

Well…i have said this some time ago and later returned but i think this time its over for me. Seeing another patch without any rework for reavers and this stupid nekker/compass/horses pirate deck in combination with the lazyness of „no changes“ for three factions plus neutral and a significant buff for clog with another stupidly OP NG card/combo is too much.

Thank you for those new cards and balance changes!

Redanian Secret Service will defenitely help my NR devotion decks. I like that.
To be honest, I was actually hoping for a slight buff for Uprising, but maybe some other time.

I'm very curious on a devotion Eldain deck using The Heist..
I'm glad we're opening up new deck possibilities for elves other than mainly the mass waylay deck.

I love the rain cards addition for Skellige. Haven't seen Rage of The Sea quite some time.
Surprised to see no Brokvar Warrior changes.

Interesting new NG, MO, & SY cards. I like them.

This is unbelievable. Haven't played for a couple of months, checked the patch notes today to see if I'd be coming back, and... no.

Two months in a row now without a change to a single OP card. Not one. Last month it was only the unused neutral bandit cards, this month it's only a few barely-used cards which fit the same archetypes as the new cards they've added. That's it.

The developers just continue to neglect a key part of their jobs. Really poor.

aaaaaand.....I have just tried a Skellige Beasts deck with the new cards. I had patiently accumulated kegs and resources in the last 1 month and a half, just to make sure to be able to build a deck around those cards.
I have just finished playing against these 3 decks and this is the result:
Scoiatel Movement/Golden Nekker/Unicorns FORFEITTED
Nilfgaard Seize 6 LOST
Nilfgaard Cultist LOST
I have particularly enjoyed the moments when Nilfgaard used my brand new cards against me, or when Stefan Skellen spawned and played 4 copies of Ace up the sleeve. This game has become so funny and balanced.
I really look forward to playing another 500 games like this and discover what the next cards drop holds for us.

I actually like the new cards (except NG because they feel like boosting mill/clog archetypes), but the patch itself is ridiculous.
And there are even no new trees :(
BTW, in case someone missed it - there is a new contract for playing the cards from this new (Uroboros) set.

Elf cards don't seem very strong over all
I haven’t tried them; I have no real desire to try them (I probably will anyway to check my suspicions). But they appear ultra, stupidly binary.

The best possible scenario is that they are so bad the Heist garbage is unplayable. I suspect that is wishful thinking.

Top Bottom