What happened to character detail?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to character detail?

http://abload.de/img/whathappenedrpuhj.jpg
http://abload.de/img/whathappenedrpuhj.jpg

Ok so i know this trailer is old but anyway... This has been nagging in my mind for too long, why have they cut down so much on character detail compared to the promotional renderers? I know the renders are supposedly not done within RedEngine as i have understood, but STILL, those textures and the highpoly meshes are created not with the intention to be used in CGI or Artwork material as they are not perfect enough, if you look carefully you see that when in full resolution you can still see flaws like some lowres textures on Triss and the mesh of Emhyr's fingers are not round enough.

So I wonder, why did they not keep the highresolution textures and highpoly meshes of the characters into the final game? Why cut on the quality so much as seen in my comparison pictures? Or is it simply that they used lower graphical settings when creating that very trailer? And the fur on the Dark Knight is a joke compared to the renderers. Perhaps they trashed that fur to make room for nvidias fur tech instead? And they just used a placeholder in that trailer until they are done with implementing the furtech as intended?

IIRC that uglier version looks bad because of the frost effect

I'd say character detail is still amazing :)
View attachment 11762

Attachments

• northern_hospitality_official_update_by_scratcherpen-d8mv7sn.jpg
    northern_hospitality_official_update_by_scratcherpen-d8mv7sn.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
What i remember this trailer was made in few days. It was unexpected work for CDProject. So don't judge anything in this trailer. Red anounced new mindblowing trailer. We will see everything there very soon. From Gamestar preview everything seems ok with game. So dont worry.

Hopefully the frost effect will be improved in game. I am not worried about the character quality. They look spectacular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom