Ranked Play season ending August 27th — a message from Paweł Burza

+
Ranked Play season ending August 27th — a message from Paweł Burza

Hey everyone!

A lot of you have been asking us what’s up with the Ranked Play season taking so long to conclude, seeing as how we’ve previously said that each one would be around 2 months.

Well, we’re nearly there and I’m here to give you a date — August 27th, 2017 at midnight CEST. That means you’ve still got some time to work on your ranking, and there’s a couple of good reasons why you should.

First one is — rewards! The end of the season will earn the best players exclusive frames and titles, as well as a unique avatar showing Imlerith without his iconic helmet (which is a rare sight indeed, as he doesn’t go out without it very often).

Secondly, the ranking points you worked so hard to earn during the Ranked Play season — you’ll be taking ⅓ of them with you into the next one, which will determine the rank you start it with.

There’s one more for those of you crazy about competitive GWENT. Though I can’t go into details just yet, I’ll say this — we’ll be introducing a new ladder type, where you’ll need to be above 4200 ranking points at the end of this season to join (if you reached rank 20 or 21 regardless of your standing at the end of the season you will get access to the new ladder). Watch this space around gamescom for more info and keep ranking up.

As always, I would like to thank for your ongoing support. It’s you, the community what makes GWENT such a great game. Stay awesome, everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you for the news :)

though would like to know if that means the patch many people have been saving up ore/scraps/kegs for will happen that date too or a sooner date?

Last edited:
Really interesting news. Just want to add that ladder should be change in some way. Nowdays Rank 21 (and pretty sure will be closer at season end) is almost the same that top 500, which have their own rewards. Rank 21 should be more accesible.Maybe 500 MMR less tan top 500? Or give at least somekind of extra reward to ppl on top 5k or 10k cause now most of the top rewards will be focus on almost the same ppl.

well it is good to give rewards to those who play this game a lot, but giving special reward to the top 500/1000 seems a bit weird to me in a game played by (millions?) much more.

"you’ll need to be above 4200 ranking points at the end of this season to join."

and this! how much % of the player base is that? 10%? srsly? that's how you gonna roll?

Greatly appreciate the news!

Now I can set a realistic MMR goal for myself. 4,2k is impossible, but rank 19 might be doable. :D

scorba;n9318921 said:
well it is good to give rewards to those who play this game a lot, but giving special reward to the top 500/1000 seems a bit weird to me in a game played by (millions?) much more.

"you’ll need to be above 4200 ranking points at the end of this season to join."

and this! how much % of the player base is that? 10%? srsly? that's how you gonna roll?

I do not understand this kind of thinking. Not everyone can be the best and the rewards shouldn't be the same for everyone. If you climb to the top 100 or whatever out of hundreds of thousands or millions, of course you should get something worthwhile that other people don't get. It's a tiny percentage of the player base, so what? NOT EVERYONE SHOULD GET THE SAME REWARDS. If you go to a tournament and everyone gets a gold medal, what's the point? So no one's feeling are hurt? It's a competition. If you want the best rewards, climb the ladder to your heart's content. If you don't feel like doing that, please, please, don't inundate us with your indignance. If you can't lose, you can't win either. Please, let's not become contemporary WoW and make people cross the finish line at the same time.

Oh, for what it's worth, I most likely WON'T be on that 4200+ list and I have no problem with that. Those that make it have earned their right to something exclusive and special and I hope there will be more to come.

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings about this. Mostly because i don't have all the details.

So far i see that if you don't reach 4.2k mmr (around rank 20 and up) you have to wait 2 more months (if the season is set at this rate) in order to try the new ladder if you like what you see.

Questions: do people who have access to the new ladder are stuck there or they can play on the normal ladder as well, and is there an incentive to play the old ladder after you gain access to the new one (if you can).? I know more info will be posted at gamescom but that's just two days before the end of the season.

I'm not concerned just curious as i don't have enough time to grind to reach 4.2k mmr this season. If i see some teaser rewards for playing on the new ladder i might make some on weekend.

Gonna go maniac laugh if I don't get back up past 4200 xD Was one win away from 4250 and my lose streak started :D

And what about players that spend tons of hours and have like over 50 levels? And the bug with the connection, which is throwing you out of the game constantly?

CDPR is completely screwing over people who selected Xbox only ladder again. 4200 is like top 5 players, and once you get over 4k it can take 5 minutes to find a game. I selected Xbox only accidentally, I begged to be allowed to switch ladders, and was told I had wait until the end of the season. I wanted to play this game at a high level, so I bit the bullet and I've been waiting till the end of the season to get to the real ladder. Now I'm being told that the ladder I want to be on is probably unachievable for ANOTHER 2 months. Just let us change ladders at will. Its not actually abusable since the xbox ladder doesn't have enough players to get nearly as high as real ladder.

Nice. seems like some really cool rewards. Now all I have to do is get a lot better at this game. Like a LOT better.

Just curious about the new ladder, I've been on 4.3k before but got bored and started experimenting in ranked. Now on about 4k. So I won't be able to join new ladder if I don't hit 4.2k again before 27th?

WhereBalloonsGo;n9320211 said:
CDPR is completely screwing over people who selected Xbox only ladder again. 4200 is like top 5 players, and once you get over 4k it can take 5 minutes to find a game. I selected Xbox only accidentally, I begged to be allowed to switch ladders, and was told I had wait until the end of the season. I wanted to play this game at a high level, so I bit the bullet and I've been waiting till the end of the season to get to the real ladder. Now I'm being told that the ladder I want to be on is probably unachievable for ANOTHER 2 months. Just let us change ladders at will. Its not actually abusable since the xbox ladder doesn't have enough players to get nearly as high as real ladder.
What is an Xbox ladder?
solopdc;n9320491 said:
Just curious about the new ladder, I've been on 4.3k before but got bored and started experimenting in ranked. Now on about 4k. So I won't be able to join new ladder if I don't hit 4.2k again before 27th?
Every rank 20 and 21 are automatically included. So, you don't need to worry.

Edit.
Rafal_Jaki_CDPR
Just to add a small detail - if you reached rank 20 or 21 regardless of you MMR standing at the end of the season you will get access to the new ladder.
Also if someone will not be able to get there now he/she will have to wait until the next season end to get the opportunity to get access.​

Last edited:
Sounds good.. not sure if I can pull off that mmr in time.
close..
I'm gona try. lol

Anyway.. can't wait for the info coming from gamescom
and the new cards !

LET'S DO THIS

Top Bottom