Recent content by scumworks

+
  1. S

Geralt model fanart

Geralt model fanart Hello wonderful people :D Its been months since I started a project which now finally have come to an end. I always wanted to create a mod for the witcher 2, and tho many ideas flowed around it never quite got traction. Instead I ended up going for a more "realistic" goal...
  2. S

.re exporter - collision meshes

Know this is and old thread, and people probably already found the solution (or dont care ^^) but I think I've found the problem. The _COLL object need its polys material ID set to 1. Just keep each _COLL object seperate (if you have more in same object) ex. dont merge them all together. I can...
  3. S

REDkit manual?

No harm in asking around, but I think we must expect todo most of the footwork ourselves. Unlike ex. cryengine or unreal, this is a proprietary engine, not relying on anyone outside the company to understand the in and outs. I guess you could say the same about skyrims creation kit, but its been...
  4. S

CDR, we need character skeleton

Try searching in the asset browser. Otherwise you can select and object and right click -> resources - > ent. Safe is located in the tent where you start.
  5. S

Yes, files are missing. I donno if theres a way to control which files are included in the bake, would assume so. Baking act1 (keep) will still result in a 600mb+ dzip, even when no changes has been made, which is a problem when making minor tweak mods. You can fix this by packing it youself...
  6. S

Some Question about REDKit

What a cup of coffee while where at it? Wiki.
  7. S

I made a copy of a armor template, and replaced the armor with other parts from different characters. Also, in order for the armor to show in the inventory list, you need to add it to the def_item_armor.xml located under data/items/ .Then I loaded act1 and used the chest/safe in the tent as...
  8. S

@johncage - not sure man. I've tried changing act1 like moving stuff or adding more coins to a chest, which worked. However trying to add some new armor I pieced together from different suites worked fine while running in editor, but didnt show up ingame after baking. On topic. Got some models...
  9. S

@johncage - Do you have the level loaded before baking? The baker seems to crosscheck with the original .dzip files, and fills in any blanks etc.. If the level isnt loaded, it will basically overwrite your level with the org .dzip data.
  10. S

Ofcause, im such a dumbo x'). I'll try with the extracted files. Thanks :D
  11. S

@sn00p - I've installed blender 2.49 (tried alot of em), and python 2.6 (aswell as 2.6.5). I can get the script to run, but it breaks. Ex. open "aedirn_knight__knight", show ent files and select an w2mesh. When I press load it just shows a blank "bar", and if I load that it gives an py error...
  12. S

They dont have to give us their entire control rig, just a skinned mesh to work off. Wouldnt be that big of a deal (imo). I've found a blender script thats supposedly can import .w2ent and w2mesh, but I cant get it to work proper. @johncage - Objects using the same base skeleton can be used...
  13. S

CDR, we need character skeleton From what I've gathered so far, its gonna be difficult to make custom characters/armor etc. without the base skeleton used in most npcs. I've tried to recreate it based on what I can see in the editor, but as expected im getting massive distortions. We dont need...
  14. S

Edit Character

I got it working on a simple test. Just rigged a simple box with two bones (neck and head), exported it and hooked it up to the knight. Bone scaling will most likely be a problem tho, as we dont have the actual skeleton (more testing xD). One note. When exporting from 3dsmax, select only the...
  15. S

redkit slows to a crawl after loading world

Keep in mind that you dont have to load the entire level to work on it. You can just load stuff you need, or unload what you dont. You can even save presets. Its a tad confusing, especially with scene you havent organised yourself... but it works.
Top Bottom