Search results

+
  1. A

Is Witcher 3 playable with only a mouse?

It is possible in theory, though the execution would be difficult to say the least, I would certainly advise a lower difficulty as much of the game's combat requires quick reaction times that may be awkward one-handed. You may still need a keyboard to use for some functions like accessing menus...
  2. A

Fist Fighters do one-hit-kill?

In regards to starting level, my NG+ began at level 39 so I don't think that specifically is the issue, I will try disabling level scaling temporarily just for fist fights and see if that corrects it. I didn't start any fist fight quests until into the mid 50 levels however so maybe it has...
  3. A

Geralt the @**hole playthrough

I made a post about this about a year ago proposing the same thing. I do plan on doing it myself sometime after this playthrough, I will probably play it on the easiest mode just because it's all about seeing the other side of the story and less about gameplay itself, but I think it will be fun...
  4. A

Fist Fighters do one-hit-kill?

Fist Fighters do one-hit-kill? I didn't have this problem in my first playthrough, but now in my NG+ playthrough it seems every fist fight I get into that if I get hit even once I lose instantly, and these are against the lowly ones in Velen, not even prime fighters you meet later. I have NG+...
  5. A

Old Sage's "prophecy"

I took it to mean the Cave of Dreams as well, the Sage is giving a premonition of things to come, not events that have already passed.
  6. A

1000 hours!

233H, I'd shave off about 5 just from collective idling while doing other things but most of that is active gameplay. I'm on my second playthrough in NG+, never done either DLC expansion yet, but plan on it this time around, should be close to 350 or 400 by the time I'm done!
  7. A

How much content is there left for me?

On my second playthrough now in NG+ and one thing I want to point out is even for someone who took their time the first time, Velen and Novigrad (and it's surrounding areas) are enormous, so it's very easy to miss entire areas, quest chains, secrets, all kinds of things so there's tons of...
  8. A

Does doing Act 1 in reverse order change much?

I had guessed that the changes would be minor, I just wasn't sure if there were enough minor changes to warrant such an attempt. It would certainly be interesting to try it in a different order nonetheless.
  9. A

Was anyone else really, REALLY caught off guard by the ending?

In a way it's hard to truly appreciate any kind of epilogue after the amazing journey we went through to get it. In any other game I would almost consider the epilogue to be far grander than what you could hope for (seriously I am having a hard time thinking of many games that had one) although...
  10. A

Does doing Act 1 in reverse order change much?

Does doing Act 1 in reverse order change much? So something occurred to me, you can do the three parts of the main quest in Act 1 out of order. In my NG+ I went to Novigrad and Skellige early on before even going to see the Bloody Baron, to pick up some of the easier side quests and do a...
  11. A

Ethical Means of Acquiring all Mutagens?

I did go ahead and kill the Doppler and Succubus, the Ancient Leshen will have to go as well once I get that far (already seen the spare option on all of these anyway). Aside from slight conscience pains though, at least there's no lasting repercussions for killing them, and I think you can...
  12. A

Ethical Means of Acquiring all Mutagens?

Ethical Means of Acquiring all Mutagens? Spoilers ahead! So I'm at a bit of an impasse in my NG+ game where I only have a handful of decoctions left to make, and the completionist in me is saying "make them" while the roleplayer in me is saying "I can't bring myself to kill these". So the...
  13. A

Character Builds, Ability Points, & How to Kick Ass Thread

I've come to really like using Bombs, and Igni in battle to compliment Fast Strikes, but would like to incorporate more alchemy into it, lean a bit more on using decoctions, oils, and potions. So I'm really looking for a good build that gives me max bombs, whirl, delusion (for RP purposes), Igni...
  14. A

A day in Duchess Anna Henrietta's life (no spoilers)

Mhmm, I'm waiting to do Blood and Wine until I get there in my NG+ run, I haven't even done Hearts of Stone yet, but starting from the beginning and going through the whole game + new content I think will give me a grand impression of the whole journey. I did load up my old post-game save and...
  15. A

NG+ Questions

Yes, like you I started a NG+ (Death March with Level Scaled Enemies) to enjoy the whole game + the new expansions which I hadn't done yet, and you can definitely go through them in NG+, your previous save you load for NG+ only affects what items, recipes, levels, and ability points are carried...
  16. A

A day in Duchess Anna Henrietta's life (no spoilers)

Awesome screenshots, very lovely view of the richness of Toussaint, both it's people and it's environs.
  17. A

How many new game+ can one do?

I don't believe so, I think you can only do a NG+ from a normal NG save. Your best bet is to try to look for a save file (or do it yourself) of a high level NG save to load into NG+
  18. A

Blood and Wine Indoors

I often find where a game tells you to set your gamma settings is still way too low, go a bit higher! The Witcher 3 isn't one of those games where the atmosphere is ruined by having your gamma up a bit higher, you'll still be using torches and cat potions for caves and dungeons, I assure you.
  19. A

Which deconcoctions do you use most?

For a long time I thought you used the name of the Decoction to fight that specific creature, which didn't make sense to me since you often needs parts of that creature to make that decoction... I know better now >.<
  20. A

Please don't let the witcher series die

To be honest, I enjoy the stories told already immensely, what I truly want at this point is for them to go back over the whole experience and polish it further. I know we've gotten very robust patches with this game, but I still would love to see a Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition that goes through...
Top Bottom