Search results

+
  1. A

Should CDPR Remain Anti-DRM?

For now their games are DRM-free, and that's what I expect. I don't like that they partner with companies which use DRM, but I can accept it as long as their own published products aren't.
  2. A

Yen Or Triss?

I'm always impressed by the ability of fans to nitpick and rationalize every little details to support their opinions and preferences, and romance threads are always especially potent in that regard :p
  3. A

Should CDPR Remain Anti-DRM?

Yes, it should. Not only it's the morally right thing to do, the backlash CDPR would gain by reneging on their promises and such a pillar of their principles, would certainly cost far more than the tiny little it would gain them on other aspects (and that's if they actually do gain anything).
  4. A

Poll: Who Would You Like to See as the Protagonist for "The Witcher 4"?

Nobody. I think TW serie has done what it needed, and it's better to leave with a bang. Not knowing when to stop is the single most common mistake made by creators, and it always ends up souring great series. I'm happy with how TW3 has ended, let it ends on a high note.
  5. A

You're joking, Geralt.

My IQ has nothing to do with it : it's about relative difficulty (compared to another languages), not absolute. Even if english was incredibly hard to learn and required high IQ (it doesn't), it could still be much easier than other languages, if these languages were even more complex (they...
  6. A

You're joking, Geralt.

Let's say this article hardly convince me. Or, to be less polite : it's a big pile of bullshit garbage. The fact that it consider putting the emphasis on words as both a specificity of english and on the same level of importance and complexity as the tones in Mandarin, is comical and proof...
  7. A

You're joking, Geralt.

What ? English is probably the single easiest language to learn 0_o (and no I'm not a native speaker) I forgive CDPR because RPG have IMMENSE amount of writing to proofread (IIRC, even a low-dialogue game like WoW was said to include several times the quantity of text in Lord of the Ring), but...
  8. A

Who is Gaunter 'O Dimm, and is he even more Powerful than Ciri? A thread to discuss this! SPOILER ALERT!

Yeah, it's even a lot of what makes him scarier than the Hunt : the Hunt tries to be scary, which shows it's posturing and they somehow feel the need to scare people. Gaunter either try to hide just how scary he is, or just doesn't care, which shows just how confident he (rightly) is in his own...
  9. A

What is a good way to farm exp?

Yeah, well, I guess it's TECHNICALLY possible to farm XP, I admit I answered by limiting myself to the realm of practicality :D
  10. A

What is a good way to farm exp?

It's not actually possible to "farm XP". Monsters give very little amount, quests can't really be "farmed" and anytime you're overleveled you gain a tiny amount of the initial XP reward. So basically, the game prevents you for being overleveled. Don't bother with trying to manipulate XP :p
  11. A

Did CDPR fail to portray Ciri correctly in The Witcher 3?

No. I never read the books, and yet I always, always saw Ciri as being Geralt's daughter. She is a (very) beautiful young woman, but there was never, ever a moment where there was any kind of doubt about how the main story was about "save your beloved daughter". Not only that, but I was in fact...
  12. A

Who is Gaunter 'O Dimm, and is he even more Powerful than Ciri? A thread to discuss this! SPOILER ALERT!

Several things : - The in-joke with spoons (for some reason, Gaunter O'dimm has a thing with spoon : he breaks a spoon when he makes a deal with Geralt, he put a spoon in the drunk's eye). The curse includes spoons, and the beggar Marlene spoke about broke a spoon before uttering his curse. -...
  13. A

Yen Or Triss?

But that's the beauty of it : it's never stated outright if the spell is actually the source of the feelings or not. It's up to the player to decide which interpretation to give. Maybe it's the amnesia which allowed Geralt to take a good hard look at everything and realize he doesn't love Yen...
  14. A

That's absurd. The person cursed in B&W has been cursed for decades, while HoS happens barely a few years before B&W at most. He doesn't appear "again", he just appeared there long ago. As for "why ?"... I think such questions depends on the true nature of O'dimm, which means we have no real...
  15. A

Yen Or Triss?

I think it's just the game recognizing that the canon love interest of Geralt is Yennefer. I don't feel the game "push" the player one way or another. I just feel the game goes with the logical consequences of Geralt getting his memory back and as such returning to the situation pre-amnesia...
  16. A

Equine Phantoms

I agree the quest is pretty funny, but honestly it's quite a bit too meta, parodic and breaking the fourth wall. As droll as it is, it seriously hamper the immersion factor.
  17. A

[Spoilers] What's your Opinion on Blood and Wine?

I'm going to have a noticeably difference of opinion from the majority here : overall, I was comparatively disappointed by this expansion. Of course, the operative word is "relatively". It still had its strong points, and the relative letdown is in no small part (though not entirely) due to...
  18. A

Yen Or Triss?

Triss all the way. Yennefer is well-written and consistent, but far too unpleasant and callous. Triss writing is a bit more hit and miss, but she's just cute and loveable.
  19. A

Post processing sharpening [not working] in blood and wine :(

I didn't realize it was an official decision, kept the hope it was just a bug and could be fixed... I don't understand how it can be a conscious decision to make the game blurry and with horribly washed out and yellowed colours giving the feeling there is some sort of heavy air pollution and...
  20. A

[Mod Request] White Orchard's Lighting Everywhere

Mmh, true it's quite too bright here, the clouds end up uniformly white (BTW, can't you apply the Toussaint's skybox while keeping the White Orchard lighting ? I tried but it makes several clouds very dark, which doesn't go with the weather).
Top Bottom