A doubt (or even contradiction) about the lore of higher vampires

+
Something happened recently that left me confused in the lore, I hope a scriptwriter or someone with knowledge can explain it to me. About the immortality of higher vampires we have the information in blood and wine, in the quest named "La cage au fou ", If the player decides to drink and chat with Regis, there are lines of secondary dialogue where he says: "If a member of another race kill one of us, we can be reborn with a living higher vampire's help. However, if one of our strikes the deadly blow, death is permanent." On another line Geralt asks: "But were you dead?"(referring to the event in which Regis was melted by Vilgefortz) Regis responds: "As humans understand -YES." then says: "if not to Dettlaff, i migh have drowned in a ETERNITY OF ICE TERROR". In other words, the phrase "only one Higher Vampire can kill another", as far as I understand, refers to a definitive and irreversible death, but regis makes it clear that if he is alone, his regeneration has limits and that he would not be able to regenerate alone from the damage caused by Vilgefortz's spell (“if not to Dettlaff, i migh have drowned in a ETERNITY OF ICE TERROR”). In the new story that was linked to gwent last year Journey of regis, also establishes the Witcher Sorense who uses magical resources to hunt Higher vampires, such as a sword made from a material called “manticore's silver” that prevents higher vampires from regenerating naturally, forcing them to drink blood to heal those wounds only. (this story reinforces what was said by regis in blood and wine).
The problem is this, in the rpg book “the witcher's journal”, the system says that higher vampires can regenerate from any type of damage on their own, and that it's just a matter of time, without even mentioning profound damage like what Regis suffered at the hands of Vilgefortz, or the Manticore's silver, that prevent regeneration without the consumption of blood. This seems like a gigantic contradiction to me, and on top of that, it gives even less weight to regis' return, since in blood and wine, he owes his own life, to detllaff. Is there any logic for bringing this up or was it a big scoop in the witcher’s journal rpg? Or was the RPG simplified because of the mechanics?
( Note: English is not my native language, ignore it if you find writing errors)

Top Bottom