Recent content by cjlr

+
  1. C

Add Copy Protection

Eh, sort of the same thing. We're coming from mostly the same direction. But you can't say the addition of DRM doesn't affect sales either; look at Spore for some very obvious proof that it does. Presence or lack of DRM changes how people perceive a game's value, and therefore whether they'd buy...
  2. C

What games do you all play most FPS or RPG and whats your fav 5 games for pc ?

So, I just wasted a few minutes going through the thread, and perhaps not surprisingly a lot of the same games turn up over and over again. I didn't count very carefully and I forgot to add up some games, but here's what I got. These are the ones with 10 or more people endorsing them. Lots of...
  3. C

Add Copy Protection

Exactly. If it's too much trouble, people just say "screw it" and pirate the stuff.But that doesn't cost sales. That's the rhetoric the turdvendors use: piracy costs sales. But that's clearly not the case. Crappy products cost sales. The reason something like Crysis has bad sales figures is...
  4. C

Female fans: games degrading?

As a man, I don't think it's really important what characters look like. Actually that doesn't have anything to do with being a man. I think. But I threw that in there 'cause the OP was targeting female fans.What's more important is how a character is portrayed. Solid characterization, and who...
  5. C

Where are you from ?

Vancouver, eh? Heck, that's only 3300 km away. ;DWe're practically neighbours!I'll have to get out to Vancouver some time; I've been up and down between Quebec and Windsor a dozen times and Montreal and Toronto a thousand, but never anywhere else in the country. A friend of mine's headed to film...
  6. C

Where are you from ?

Kingston, Canada!Widely known (ha!) for its scenic waterfront, vibrant student community and nine prisons.Except I don't actually live there anymore, since I got to university in Waterloo. But I just can't get used to the downtown, there's no limestone anywhere.Not many people from Canada on...
  7. C

Add Copy Protection

DRM and copy protection?Completely useless.Sure, it's a good idea in theory. Who doesn't want to not get tons of stuff stolen from them, right? Why should game developers and publishers be any different? The problem comes when you realize that there are substantial numbers of people who make it...
  8. C

Post your games collection

Heh, seriously? You seriously want me to? I'm going to go ahead and list them roughly in the order they appear when browsing my program files, since I'm far too lazy to alphabetize the actual names. That means they're mostly in alphabetic order by developer. Some at the end are unsorted because...
  9. C

What games do you all play most FPS or RPG and whats your fav 5 games for pc ?

Well, there's an awful lot of good games out there... Only 5, eh? But we can all agree, I'm sure, that there's no need to say best PC games - all the best games are PC games, right? ::)Star Control 2 (and sort of Mass Effect, because it's essentially SC2 with a 15 years later facelift)Grim...
  10. C

The Witcher Compared to ES IV:Oblivion and Others

Well, to be fair they are different kinds of games. I mean, it's not like you would try to compare GTA and CoD, right? Yes, you run around shooting people and driving things in both, but... And technically, any game in which you take on the role of a person would be a role-playing game; since...
  11. C

The Witcher: console vs PC?

Maybe if you have serious problems with basic math you'd end up spending that much. A working knowledge of which numbers are bigger could go a long way towards not getting ripped off...Sure, the Arcade model costs $199, but there's no hard drive and you don't get an HD cable. woot? I'll admit...
Top Bottom