Recent content by delnac

+
  1. D

Console and PC parity

Well damn. I felt like an idiot and checked again. The early horrible phone-quality video shows that the foliage has some self-shadowing and like you said it has changed by leaps and bounds. Seriously, I give up on this one. Between the entire colour palette change and the less overexposed...
  2. D

Console and PC parity

I think there is a misunderstanding on the nvidia REDengine demo regarding this. Like you said, aerial perspective fog is the simulation of atmospheric light scattering but in that footage it seemed to only be a white mist above ground. I didn't understand that until you mentioned this. So this...
  3. D

A quick look at the game configs XML

Correct me if I'm late and misunderstanding what we are looking for but based on the monsters footage I think grass is included in the HBAO pass. There's the slight halo artefact around geralt's legs, and the darkened areas at the base of the grass. https://imgur.com/a/SD72b for example. I'm...
  4. D

The Witcher 3 - Visuals

I know I'm going to regret posting in this thread again, but the worst part of it all is that yesterday was all about people loosing their shit about sprites. Not technically complex effects or game-changing techniques. A single 2D, 512x512 at most, sprite. Whose dense appearance is the...
  5. D

The Witcher 3 - Visuals

Thanks, I feel a bit more sane in thinking the same way. This screams of marketing foul-up by people completely oblivious to the level of scrutiny of the fans. I think the grass's texture and mesh changed as they went to a fully physical system. But I can understand people not liking its...
  6. D

The Witcher 3 - Visuals

Right, I understand what you are getting at. I agree that they have addressed a lot of stuff. The blood, the water, what you are referring. But they never touched the meat of the subject, which is what I meant. Frankly, if we could have answers either regarding a city corner's asset quality or...
  7. D

The Witcher 3 - Visuals

They've done what exactly? If you are referring to the way they addressed the downgrade questions, they didn't answer anything in the least specific way. Look, we're running in circles and you evidently believe strongly that nvidia has access to a current build despite the way these things...
  8. D

The Witcher 3 - Visuals

By that belief in CDPR's systematic response to graphics inaccuracies, we should also have answers to our concerns about the 2013 effects. This is a fallacy as the situation points out, I'm afraid. Exactly.
  9. D

The Witcher 3 - Visuals

Like I said, I have no conclusive proof. But the old build hypothesis is more logical to my knowledge than optimization by manually slashing down individual assets inside a huge hand-crafted game world. Not only would this approach to optimization be utterly impractical given the surface area...
  10. D

The Witcher 3 - Visuals

This comparison really doesn't make any sense. It feels like those assets date back to a version where the world was still being built by the artists. There is no logical reason to remove such insignificant detail. That amount of polygons means nothing to modern hardware. This isn't anything...
  11. D

The Witcher 3 - Visuals

I'll bite :p. Nvidia showcased the effects, but they were clearly in-house. For example, the clouds are the impressive work of José Teixeira.
  12. D

The Witcher 3 - Visuals

I'm not very young either, but when nvidia showcases effects and breaks them down in such detail, I find it reasonable to ask what happened. And I don't mean it in an aggressive way. I understand that rendering techniques break down depending on engine changes or special edge cases. But those...
  13. D

The Witcher 3 - Visuals

I'm afraid that by way of your broad-stroking of the PC gaming community, you fail to see the point we are making. Nobody is asking for the game to be catering to PC. We only want to understand why old effects that were showcased two years ago aren't available as options on the PC platform as a...
  14. D

The Witcher 3 - Visuals

I'm as disheartened as most people are by how things are being discussed, especially considering the fact that there are valid points to be made regarding missing effects. But this is the internet.
  15. D

The Witcher 3 - Visuals

My bad, I answered hastily because I had recognized exactly what video you were referencing :p. Gopher's video also doesn't have aard physical force reaction on water. The post I was talking about is this one ...
Top Bottom