Recent content by ikirouta

+
  1. I

Asking tips for finding Cyberpunk players

If you mean a solo game in a sense where you are the GM and also the only player, I don't really recommend it. Granted, I have never tried it but I can't see what's the point. Of course if you don't have any players, it's better than nothing. Of course you can use that kind of thing to run a...
  2. I

Latest Datafortress 2020 Update!

I would translate the first part as: "We don't have a drug problem"...
  3. I

Kyberpunkki, I wouldn't bother with that table. If you want to hide awareness roll results either make them yourself behind some cover or ask your players to roll the dice so they can't see the results but you can. You can run the game without players really knowing the rules but it can get a...
  4. I

I think I have the same core rulebook myself but fortunately I got it way back and still found original English sourcebooks (Hardwired, for example). I don't think that it is a problem even if the sourcebook is translated.
  5. I

Yes, Rautahermot is the translated title for Hardwired. There is this novel and sourcebook both of the same name and by the same author. I really liked the book when I read it long time ago.
  6. I

Moi Kyberpunkki! True, RopeCon is bigger and thus there is a better chance to find a CP2020 game. Still, I am not sure how big the chance is nowadays as the game is pretty old and it has been pretty long since any new material was released.. The closest I have noticed was one Shadowrun game and...
  7. I

Hi Kyberpunkki! You can post an add to this forum http://www.pelilauta.fi/. I think this is the most active RPG forum in Finland at the moment.
  8. I

Elysium?

Damn! I totally missed those threads...
  9. I

Elysium?

Elysium I just saw Elysium from DVD (I don't much go to see movies at theaters these days) and to me it was pure cyberpunk goodness from the start to the very ending. Just for example I thought that it might be fun to compile characters of the movie and assign at least roles for them. Max...
  10. I

Recruiting for Edgerunners Incorporated!

Yes, it feels a bit silly to write in English this way, but it would also be arrogant to switch to Finnish... My group is quite inactive at roleplaying front in general, at the moment. Actually it has been so for years now, but fortunately we still get to play now and then. Good to hear that...
  11. I

Dear Mr Pondsmith

I really have to add my voice to this, Mr. Pondsmith. Your game has given me and hopefully my gaming group, too tons of fun and it has impacted on my way of gamemastering quite a bit. I am really looking forward to the new videogame and hopefully upcoming pen-and-paper version, too.
  12. I

Character Creation

I have once played a nethermancer named Soulman. Quite a serious person that I modelled after a general idea of WH40K inquisitors (based on novels). Because I never had a chance to play CP2020 I gladly took part in a Shadowrun campaign, if you could call a few sessions that. Then I decided that...
  13. I

Character Creation

No, you are correct. I just love it when a character slowly transforms to something else. I do my best to encourage this with my players and do it with my characters. Of course, if you don't have a fully developed character at the beginning then it is all the harder to achieve. I think my...
  14. I

Character Creation

I have never been a player in CP2020 game so my experience comes from other games. These days I have a slight idea of the type of character I would like to play, in case of CP2020 probably what role to play. Then I would choose skills and see how stats come up. Character personality is often...
  15. I

Possible game update for PnP?

I have V3 but I really had a hard time reading it. Somehow font and colors didn't make sense to me, IIRC. So, give me black and white text any day or make a tablet optimized core book (like the upcoming Nova Praxis). V3 had some very interesting ideas that got my creative juices flowing to some...
Top Bottom