Recent content by KnightofPhoenix

+
  1. K

After many years...

After many years... ...I am feeling a surge of nostalgia and sentimentality. I have not visited these parts of the forum for quite some time, especially after my disappointment with regards to the third game. Today, for no apparent reason, I decided to rewatch The Witcher 2 trailers and then...
  2. K

Can Witcher 2 be played after playing Witcher 3?

Can The Witcher 2 still be played after The Witcher 3? Yes, such a work of genius deserves as much. I simply ignore TW3's existence.
  3. K

Radovid the Caricature?

That was nothing out of the ordinary in Radovid's time and context. A lot worse was done rather casually in our own history. It wouldn't necessarily be a symptom of madness or even congenital sadism. Radovid displayed intense hatred towards Philippa, and cruelty. That is a farcry from what was...
  4. K

Such an uninspired disappointing story

I disagree with Monnier's line of thinking, I do not think it was a wise thing to do, but I understand the intent. I am sure however that CDPR would understand that as a fan of their previous games, I feel insulted and will no longer preorder their games or buy them at launch until I am certain...
  5. K

Emhyr - The Game Non-Character vs the Book.

I didn't say morally. I said no species that I know of on the planet does it (parent-child incest), and if there was one, they probably got extinct because it's a horrible idea. It's not so much a moral imperative as a biological one. As such, having rules against it makes perfect sense and...
  6. K

The reason why I can't believe in existence preceding essence, is because at the end of the day, I'm a determinist. But that's a long story. But I do find your position interesting, and more often then not, I tend to sympathize with existentialists and agree on many issues. ---------- Updated...
  7. K

Utilitarianism is a confused philosophy that on one hand claims to be hedonist at the basis, and yet ascribes different values to pleasures one can experience, thus contradicting itself entirely. As for the categorical imperative, Kant and other deontologists can go fuck themselves. They...
  8. K

You know, I'm tipsy and yet I still don't find a point in arguing about this point. But I am going to do it anyways because little inhibitions. I'm a moral nihilist myself, so I don't believe in "good" and "evil", but as a social animal I believe in rules necessary to maintain a society and...
  9. K

I'm not going to go more into this, as I haven't read the books and so I don't know all the context. To me it sounds nonsensical, but I do not have all the information. But at this point, I am not sure I can be bothered to read the novels anytime soon.
  10. K

He knows. If the nobility is not going to accept him marrying anyone that is not from them, be it Ciri or anyone else, then why have this insane obsession with marrying your daughter and make everyone hate you more? When he can easily make her marry someone the opposition would be happy with...
  11. K

So the nobles would not accept Emhyr adopting a child, but they would accept him raping and impregnating his daughter? What? Emhyr can easily arrange a marriage between Ciri and a man whom the opposition, or many of them would accept. And that would make most people happy. And he can make Ciri...
  12. K

Thinking about rape is bad enough. Entertaining the thought towards one's own daughter is quite something else, especially when it is completely unnecessary. I wish the nobles got rid of him before the games then, maybe we could have had a decent emperor of Nilfgaard be portrayed in the game.
  13. K

Arrange a marriage? Does he really have to rape his own daughter? I know the nobles don't know about it, but I really don't blame them if they want to depose that lunatic.
  14. K

In many empires, including the Roman Empire, adoption was a perfectly legitimate and extremely common system of succession. Is it mentioned explicitly that Nilfgaard doesn't accept adoption as legitimate (which is perfectly possible of course)?
  15. K

Well then the game contradicts all that, as now apparently Emhyr wants Ciri to take over, as his official daughter? But even if he didn't want everyone to know that Ciri is his daughter, he can still adopt the grandson and make him his official heir. Or is adoption unfeasible in Nilfgaard?
Top Bottom