Recent content by mayen

+
  1. M

Question about Geralt, Yennefer and Ciri (SPOILERS)

hmmm AFAIR, Andrzej Sapkowski stated that the games are not canon for him just sort of fan-fiction, actually I've seen that statemet couple of times here on this forum. I think she used her own power (power of elder blood) yet channeled through the appearance of the unicorn... She restored...
  2. M

Triss or Yennefer? (possible Spoiler)

I bet she will be a bit different, but we'll see. I used to prefer Yen over Triss while reading, though, you're right, T. has changed in game and it was a positive change... BTW, only one character in books was really, really annoying for me and it was Ciri - bloede pest, how that girl got on my...
  3. M

Actually, I didn't mean Yen, but two nilfgaardian sorceresses who appear in books, very interesting characters :) Maybe they were punished yet still alive? But knowing Emhyr attitude towards magicians its higlhy impossible.. :( On the other hand - Yennefer in "Last Wish" does not show her true...
  4. M

I'm still in 2nd chpter of my first run through the game, havn't finished the game yet, so I didn't know... but if he told the truth, that is a real pity, I liked both ladies :/
  5. M

hmm, not quite... (in my opinion ofc). She did joined the lodge, actually she suited there pretty well, considering her previous activities (e.g. in "breeding kings like rabbits"), but both of them knew that Lodge does only care of Ciri's safety because of the power she carries within, which...
  6. M

Hmm I think, that having read all the books many times, I won't be able to escape their influence... so my choice would be Yen by a league. And reasons? She may appear selfish and bitchy in the beginning (like any other sorceress is), but in the end it is she who choses Geralt and Ciri over the...
  7. M

What makes Geralt the Best Witcher?

I remember only few occasions when Geralt used a sign in books... Anyway, I think that in the beginning of the story it was obvious that he uses them since they were in his arsenal so it was no use to underline it :), but later during the events covered in novels (in "Baptism of Fire" AFAIR) it...
  8. M

MMORPG w jakie gramy

Zgadza się, gierka bardzo przyzwoita, dużo questów i nawet namiastka battlegroundu jest :). Ostatnio grywam praktycznie tylko w Shayię.Chociaz ostatnio ściągnełam cos, co się nazywa Dark and Light, nie miałam czasu jeszcze porządnie w tę grę popykać, ale oprócz WoWowatej grafiki, wygląda ciekawie...
  9. M

Would you attend a Witcher Convention in Poland next Halloween?

Believe me, it can be much worse :) Its different type of climat - can be much colder and variable than Scottish :). Summer is much better idea Don't worry, there is always something , you can find even some more radical vegan bars. I prefer vegetarian dishes to meat and I'm not going around...
  10. M

Sapkowski world... What do you know about it...

Hey, thank you :) I'll read that. Hi hi, it seems I heve a lot of things to catch up since the last time I was browsing the AS fan pages...
  11. M

Oh, interesting, i've never heard of that theory. Anyway the fact that Witcher World is different from ours and they both exist somehow paralelly is clearly stated in the very last book and, yes, travelling through time and space to take a look into diffents universes requires very special...
  12. M

As you wish :)This one is related to one of legends concerning Kraków/Cracow, our former capital city. Loooong time ago there'was a princess named Wanda, a daughter of a city fouder name Krak. Some say that she refused to marry a German prince and to protect the city from his rage she jumped to...
  13. M

Hmm lets take this one...it's not a spoiler.. i think :)A bit of background:There's one sentence from deep Middle age which is considered as the first or the second first sentence in Polish ever written (XIII cent). Its " Daj, ać ja pobruszę, a ty poczywaj" which means sth like "Stop, i'll do...
  14. M

Well, I can only answer for myself :)Why I love Witcher's Saga so much? Maybe because I can enjoy the works in many ways. Not only the great story itself or comic elements or situations, but also the language: rich and colorful, sophisticated or strong or archaic exactly when needed. Sapkowski...
  15. M

Question about the Books

As I've said before, the Professor in the game (called Magister in the Polish version) and the Professor in the book (called Profesor in the Polish version) are separate characters. I finally came to that conclusion myself and now I must laugh at myself that I let me follow the suggestion that...
Top Bottom