Recent content by nlz242

+
  1. N

Computer freezes while playing

Follow up after a while... I rma'd my graphics card, Asus replaced it under warranty with another (better) 6800xt, I received it a week ago and I have been able to play cp2077 with all settings maxed for hours. So really had some instability with the graphics card that only showed up in...
  2. N

Yeah yeah, sorry, I kinda use GPU and graphics card interchangeably, but that's what I meant by aged/fatigued, I don't blame the GPU itself but the graphics card as a whole. Be it power delivery, memory or the actual GPU. The only "known good" thing on my graphics card is cooling, everything...
  3. N

See, that's one of the "interesting" thing about the issue... it doesn't seem to be tied to power draw, as I can get the game to crash with the same settings / powerdraw (around 100w) by limiting the framerate in game... 100w @ 2250 mhz -> Crash, 100w @ 1750 mhz -> no crash. I mean, i can even...
  4. N

Well... I think i found a workaround... pretty interesting one too... If I heavily underclock my GPU, to 1750 mhz (from AMD's "stock" 2250mhz or Asus 2400 max boost clock), i can play for hours, not problems. Funny/interesting thing is, I can play with the same ingame settings that would make...
  5. N

Yeah I had hopes about the UI bug, tried playing around with the cascaded shadow settings, seeing as people said it helped with that issue, didn't help me. Currently playing, I moved the game from my nvme drive to my good old sata sad (Samsung 860). Seems stable so far, wondering if there isn't...
  6. N

For me it happens anywhere and everywhere. New corpo game (first missions), old nomad game (last missions), mid-street kid game.
  7. N

It freezes both standing on the curb doing nothing and moving. I wouldn't discard streaming based on that, as there are alot of cars/npc that come into the scene and surely there's some asset streaming there.. Spare drive as an extra 1 TB Samsung 970 evo (nvme) i had around. I don't usually...
  8. N

Well, as I stated somewhere in the thread, I'm running my tests on a spare drive I had around and made sure to install the bare minimum. Windows 11 (tried 10 also) + chipset drivers + graphics drivers + steam + cyberpunk 2077 + disable AMD's overlays + disable ALL steam overlays + disable xbox...
  9. N

Yes, it crashes with and without Raytracing... even crashes if i play the game on the lowest settings possible.
  10. N

It's been running for 3 hours @ Raytracing Ultra settings. I've changed the graphics settings to what I actually want to play with, Ultra (no RT) with FSR 1.0 @ Ultra quality, so I can get decent frame rates... Gonna let it go for a little while... and i'll try to get a good play session in...
  11. N

Thanks for re-iterating that, I didn't think about my GPU's factory overclock. I'm on an Asus TUF 6800 XT and it boosts to around 2350 MHz... i've lowered the maximum boost clock to AMD's stock 6800 XT specs (2250 MHz). Game is running right now, in a busy area... letting it idle there while I...
  12. N

Just for fun, I went as low as patch 1.31 and I still get the dreaded hard freeze. Took but a few minutes to get it too. Still rock stable everywhere else. I just finished The Riftbreaker, playing with all settings maxed. Granted I know that game is nowhere near as demanding as CP2077, but...
  13. N

I did send a report to the support, i have zero mods (never installed any)... while this may not affect everyone, it does seem like it's affecting more than just me. By the way, even tho i did report to support, I've yet to hear back from them...
  14. N

Well, I did mention in this thread that I tried rolling back to 1.52 and I still got freezes... So in my case it's not 1.6... I could try 1.5 or even 1.4 but at this point I don't get paid to QA for CDPR, I already spent alot of time troubleshooting this
  15. N

Wouldn't call it the same issue as what I'm getting is a hard freeze where I have to hold the power button for 5s to restart the system, no error report, no logs, nothing... Pretty different to diagnose. But good luck with your issue. I kinda gave up, spent many hours trying to get it working...
Top Bottom