Recent content by philosofool

+
  1. P

The Witcher or a trip to the dentist?

Version 1.3 runs great. I got annoyed trying to get the enhanced edition. The solution I used was to just use version 1.3. The only real enhancement in the enhanced edition (IMO) is the inventory. Otherwise, they're the same game. By the way, make sure you are logging in at the...
  2. P

Saving Games for Two People

Well, if the game was programmed correctly, then the save games should go to the Users/[User]/Documents/TheWitcher/saves, and it should depend on the current active user not the user who was active when the game was installed. So having two user accounts should make it work right. However, this...
  3. P

Buy The Witcher: Enhanced Edition - Director's Cut

I bought the original version of the game and have updated to 1.5 (after some battles with the login process!) Is there a way for me to get the Director's Cut for for free? (Legal solutions only. I'm not interested in screwing CD Projekt over because they are a great company I will support with...
  4. P

What would you like to see in expansion or sequel

The original Witcher was an excellent game, but it did not handle difficulty in the best possible way. In the original Witcher, the game had one setting that controlled character leveling, monster scaling and feedback. Character leveling is how the main character gains abilities and powers...
  5. P

Game registration - problems and solutions here

I cannot delete my account because there is a registered game associated with it. I had to reinstall my OS and now I can't play The Witcher. I get the cookies message. I have tried all the suggestions at the top of this sticky. How do I reregister my copy? This registration process cheats paying...
  6. P

Enhanced Edition patch download problems

I had to reinstall The Witcher after reinstalling Vista. Now I can't install the updates for the game because the links at http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/www/installation_of_twee_in_four_easy_steps.html don't go anywhere and I need those to install version 1.5.Any advice on what I'm...
  7. P

What would you like to see in expansion or sequel

My wish list for a sequal:1. Same emphasis on a deeply engaging story. This is what really makes the game fun to play. The Witcher was a great game, so there's little reason to try something completely different.2. Different approach to difficulty. The only fun way to replay the game is to play...
  8. P

Chapter 3, lagging

I think I just made a pretty important discovery! (though I'm likely not the first....)OTS camera mode seems a lot more laggy than the bird's eye modes. Even if it isn't actually more laggy, because the character motion is on auto pilot a lot of the time, occasional stutters are a lot less...
  9. P

Chapter 3, lagging

Chapter 3, lagging Chapter 3 is very laggy. Is there anything that solves this problem? I didn't find that lowering my graphics settings did the trick. Is this just my crappy processor not being able to hang with the game?Short version:Athlon 3800 @2.1 GHz2 GB RAM8800 GTS 320MB @ 1680 x 1050
  10. P

Leveling Mod?

Leveling Mod? Is there a mod, does anyone know, that makes leveling on Difficult happen at the rate of that it does in Medium? I want more of the cool stuff--signs, attack styles, etc--but I want to play the game in a mode that is challenging.
  11. P

What are your opinions on the Enhanced Edition of The Witcher

Great so far. I always enjoyed the first one except for the load times issues. Provided those are truly cleared up--we'll see when I get to chapter 3--I'm really happy. The dialogue is better. Shani used to be sooooo painful. And the transaltion is improved. I like the addition of the low-class...
  12. P

More mirrors for TWEE_Upgrade.exe?

I just want to say that presently, I'm pulling over 100 kB/sec. I dont' know if something has changed since this thread started or what, but things seem to be clearing up. (Perhaps our Polish DL sever friends have allocated additional resources?) Perhaps when I get everything will have tanked....
  13. P

Enhanced Edition (EE) Questions answered here

Is there any difference between the British language edition and U. S. language edition, or are these the same. Since I speak both languages (har har!) I'm wondering if one is cooler?
  14. P

More waiting! It's okay. Thanks for the help.
  15. P

Where do I go to download my free because I already bought the game enhanced edition? I looked around but I don't see any links for a free enhanced edition yet.
Top Bottom