Recent content by red36

+
  1. R

The Witcher Online

Most mmo games contrary to their title aren't really role playing games but theme parks. If a player pays for a game they expect to be able to access all its content. The most attractive content, witchers and mages, has to be accessible. It's accessible everyone has to access it. If that content...
  2. R

Arbitrary Difficulty Settings

I think we're getting a bit lost in the specific mechanics of DS. Speaking generally, the DS2 system of using gameplay mechanics to determine difficulty hinders the RPG mechanics. As mentioned above, if I want to RP a solo warrior (without NPC ghosts) on EASY i cannot. If I want to RP a highly...
  3. R

Fair enough Dragonbird, but I remain skeptical to the degree that players didnt complete a game because of difficulty. For instance, I'm technically in the middle of DA:I.. However I took a break and basically diving into (what i consider) what has so far proven to be a mind numbing series of...
  4. R

I'm not sure i consider, say, the greatsword to be an easy mode version of a warrior even against normal PVE. I have played both strength and dex build(with only the lion warrior armor) characters in DS2 with relative success but I'd hardly consider the strength one an easier experience. but...
  5. R

If one pays attention, one knows such a mechanic is irrelevant to what makes an RPG. But fair enough, let me go further. DS has no solution for me if i want to RP a SOLO warrior and have easy mode. The problem with using mechanics such as these to create difficulty modes is that, at least in an...
  6. R

the basic problem with the extra credit video is apparantly you need to watch IT before playing Dark Souls 2. How am I to know, as a gamer of 20 years, that magic is the easier gameplay mechanic. Or that I need 20 int and 20 faith to talk to the dark magic guy. The Dark Souls series is good for...
  7. R

Story speculation and the tower of Swallows

Is there any connection between it and the potions swallow and gull?
  8. R

Constructive opinions based on the gameplay videos that are released in 2015 (NO DOWNGRADE TALK)

Regarding Witcher senses and the griffon sound, I think the issue is that the game chooses to use an icon to display the information rather than using visual cues. If instead of an icon, sound wave visuals reverberated around the direction the sound emanated (on the 2d plane of the screen if the...
  9. R

Constructive opinions based on the gameplay videos that are released in 2015 (NO DOWNGRADE TALK)

That sounds right madness. Geralt is like a dog with his sense of sound and smell. Off hand i forget if thats naturally or because of his potions, but i believe its the former since the later is so seldom referred to. Therefore, as an RPG, what is natural for Geralt is natural for the player...
  10. R

Geralt's Face

I watched the new gameplay from Jan, his inner checks still puff out last i checked. Have a screenshot of the fix? Whether it makes sense or not regarding his body it's quite enough. We could debate that point, but either way his body USED to be a thin swordsman body, now its bulked up...
  11. R

Yeah it's all about if the senses are used as a crutch or if they add to the game experience. That being said it's possible to make a good crutch. Witcher 2's yellow emanating medallion button was a crutch that i liked, because missing out on looting essential ingredients could end up being...
  12. R

Both of those are good examples of how to handle FINDING the goal without giving the player a big arrow. However both of those examples are in a MUCH smaller area than witcher 3. The forest of flotsam was, as i recall, the largest area in the game. This worked for those quests because it made...
  13. R

Witcher senses could definitely be a big crutch for quest solutions. One example would be say Geralt was at a dinner party and needs to suss out who is an enemy (I'm thinking of the party in the 3rd act of witcher 1 possibly. I can't recall if the exact intent of that scene was to find an...
  14. R

While I appreciate that "get quest, use senses, finish quest" is repetitive, I can't think of a different quest structure. Fundamentally you need a beginning, middle and end of a quest. Possibly you can start a quest in the middle of an event, but it still has a beginning. that beginning is just...
  15. R

Geralt's Face

The main difference with the in game face and some examples is that the outside of nasolabial sulcus has gotten fatter with old age. If that is their point, then how come Vesemir hasn't aged much. Geralts jumped 10 or 15 years in age while Vesemir is more or less the same? His fat cheeks have...
Top Bottom