Recent content by ren02

+
  1. R

Orens still hard to come by?

Well I don't know how much the currency exchange would cheat you but 1 crown was worth about 6.5 orens in the books. So for 1200 crowns you'd have to turn in 7800 orens at the very least, probably about 9000 orens. But the prices should reflect it too. If Redanian Lager costs 5 orens in Temeria...
  2. R

Orens still hard to come by?

Speaking of money, there have been rumors that Geralt will travel more in W2 (separate chapters taking place in separate kingdoms). If he does go to Novigrad for example then I damn well hope that the currency there will be Novigrad crowns and not some stinking Temerian orens. Also the price...
  3. R

Inventory systems

In W1 the bottomless pit of inventory was still available but you couldn't carry it with you, it had to be stored at the inn. It was a complete surprise for me when the innkeeper got killed at one point and therefore this inventory became inaccessible. Just before a huge battle as well. A very...
  4. R

The Witcher 2 wishlist

OK i`m officially brain dead (long day at work)..............QFT ? Quoted For Truth
  5. R

Languages

Oh yeah. I played TW1 with Polish audio (i just loved the Polish voice cast) and English subtitles. Speaking of which, Steam version automatically switched both audio and subtitles to English every time I started the game. That was beyond annoying. Uhm, yeah why not.. I mean: " Your Mama sucks...
  6. R

a few questions concerning witcher games/lore...

I think you meant to write:"Sword of Destiny"and "Something Ends, Something Begins"To OP: If you can understand some other language besides English then the books have been translated to Spanish (all), German (missing "Something Ends, Something Begins" and "Lady of the Lake") and French (missing...
  7. R

Concerns about TW2

I've had the impression that Bioware itself is lauding the game as the pinnacle of RPG greatness. And considering that DA:A and DA2 both try to imitate ME2, it seems that at least they believe it themselves. Hehe, well I'm more worried about the publisher saying something along the lines of:-...
  8. R

Concerns about TW2

I still think that Bioware has done a huge disservice to RPGs by releasing ME2. It is a good game but it is not an example that the RPG developers should follow. It's biggest problem is of course "streamlining". Streamlining seems to be another word for "removing a feature completely and then...
Top Bottom