Recent content by Thomas999

+
  1. T

[ spoilers ] Blood and Wine Ending. WTF?!

Personally, my favorite ending is the Unseen Elder one, with Dettlaff getting put down as quickly and reliably as possible and the sisters both getting themselves killed in the aftermath through no-one's fault but their own. I don't feel the other quest-line properly acknowledges the fact that...
  2. T

How did you handle Keira?

I wasn't exactly angry at her either. The culmination of Geralt's affair with Fringilla Vigo in the books showed, to me, that he's simply learned not to have very high expectations when it comes to the trustworthyness of supposedly-besotted sorceresses. And again, Keira is an adult, and nothing...
  3. T

I usually don't bother either, except when I notice that I'm pretty close to the platinum, none of the trophies left are hugely bothersome, I have a few hours to kill and I spent good money on a particular game and wouldn't mind feeling that I've made it as worthwhile as possible. In this case...
  4. T

How did you handle Keira? I've completed two playthroughs now, and just couldn't justify taking her in in either one. She'd just proved herself untrustworthy, and declared her intentions to give Radovid, who has a hard-on for burning mages and freaks, whatever she could to buy his mercy...
  5. T

How do you handle quest levels?

What was that I said about reading posts before responding to them? I immediately went on to specify that those enemies not being beatable for weeks of realtime - long after you'd stopped caring about them - made them completely pointless for any purposes of player satisfaction, meaning that the...
  6. T

I doubt you're being deliberately obtuse, so would you please read what I'm saying if you're going to respond? I just told you that I was stuck at level 30. Obviously I played every single quest in the quest log and hunted down every single question mark I could reach as soon as I realized that...
  7. T

I see. I definitely wouldn't say that my "playstyle" was the problem though. I approached the game exactly as I would any other RPG, occasionally playing the completionist and clearing question marks on the map when I was in the mood, and otherwise completing quests as they were revealed to me...
  8. T

How do you handle quest levels? My first playthrough I pretty much played it by ear, doing main- and side quests as I felt like it without paying attention to levels. By the endgame though, I had to farm giants in Skellige to make enough exp to be able to wear the mastercrafted cat armor so I'd...
  9. T

CEO of CDPR Adam Kicinski on (a possibile) Witcher 4. True or fake news?

Oh God yes. I'd die to play as Eskel. No more super-legendary-White-Wolf-bullshit. Just plain old Eskel the working-class Witcher.
  10. T

Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers) - The Revival

Do you mind explaining some of the points in your previous post a little more clearly, then? I pointed out the judgemental fanboyism because, frankly, it was the only thing there was any obvious way to address to further the conversation meaningfully. The rest was vague and convoluted and read...
  11. T

Then take your own advice. You're the one agreeing that I can play my game and read the characters my way, which makes perfect sense and is completely realistic and plausible within the lore, only by conceding to calling it a "what-if" scenario, and complaining that I'm stepping on the author's...
  12. T

It would be, yes, if anyone was actually arguing that. But nobody is saying that the Yennefer/Geralt relationship can't possibly work out, just that it's realistically unlikely based on their history and what little of their character development we actually see. And for Geralt to realize that...
  13. T

I can't even begin to imagine what you have against describing love as "the romantic spark" while completely ignoring the actual point of my statement. Talk about squabbling over semantics. I only even used that phrase because otherwise I'd be repeating the word love too often in that paragraph...
  14. T

I'm sorry, but you've clearly never been in a mature long-term relationship if you even for one second credit the notion that sense, pleasantness and stability are irrelevant compared to the romantic spark. If and when you ever find yourself in a situation with a guy or gal who makes you feel so...
  15. T

Like I said, there's obviously no reason to think so. Geralt wouldn't have to be a very different person for it to be vaguely plausible though. I wouldn't call it wishful thinking either, it's not something I'd especially like to be true.
Top Bottom