Recent content by tlazolteotl

+
  1. T

Witcher 2 CE in Australia?

I was going to get it, but EB (with their retarded pricing) claims that it's worth some $150 (our exchange rate is about 1:1 with the US dollar, btw).Sorry EB, fail.(Especially since the game is less than 1/3 of the price on steam)Now I'm looking at other means of importing it.
  2. T

System requirements

Just want to point out, a GTX 570 benchmarks approximately 3.5x faster than a 8800 GTX.Now, although DX11's hardware tessellation is supposed to vastly increase the amount of detail you get for the same amount of work, it's poorly implemented right now.Meaning, for most games with a DX11...
  3. T

What to spend oren on

I must play this game way differently from other people ...I don't bother buying the leather armour, I spend a lot of orens on runestones instead.I figured putting extra +hit% on Geralt's swords means I can just use strong style vs. everyone.And .. it works.'cos saving points in sword styles...
  4. T

[General] Damage of Witcher swords

Generally speaking, yes.The base damage of the moves increase the further along the combo chain you get.Also, the highest level technique is repeated 3 times.So, if you have a style at level 3, it goes (assuming you always click at the flaming sword):1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, etc.Note...
  5. T

About the best weapon in the game

I don't know ... Aerondight is awesome for specials, but for a mage not so much.'cos I only use the silver sword for a few finishing blows (usually with strong silver), so specials are largely irrelevant.I'd have to say, for a caster, the Moonblade is the best by the numbers.However, just like...
  6. T

Let's vote on RPG greatness once more!

There are good and bad examples in every genre ... I mean technically Chrono Trigger is a jrpg.Edit: Voted .. but I have to admit I'm most hyped about the new zelda and marvel vs capcom ... also, though the idea of rage looks awesome, I'm still dubious about playing a pure FPS without a...
  7. T

potion effects bug? (possible spoiler)

Skipping cutscenes works when the real-time taken to show the scene runs your potions out of time.However, some cutscenes fast-forward the clock ... so duration-based effects will wear off.For example, the end of Act 1 has a cutscene that happens at midnight.So, if it's 6am, and you trigger the...
  8. T

Two issues; QTE and SEX

Sometimes QTEs can be done well.Most of the time, it's not that good ...Bayonetta is a prime example here ... that game is totally japanese in that (in a lot of fights) if you get hit twice, you die .. reload please.Their QTEs are usually in the same vein. Most of them are the "Press button not...
  9. T

i have original version how do i upgreade to latest?

I think you have the right patch there. From memory,1.4 = enhanced edition = about 900mb1.5 = about 350 mb
  10. T

Ah, I see ... well, I don't know how to tell which version you have ...However, I was under the impression that all enhanced edition saves are compatible.That is, saves for anything version 1.4 and later won't get corrupted if you patch the game further.Director's cut has to be applied over...
  11. T

It doesn't matter anymore.The US version can be updated to be uncensored via the director's cut patch (you don't need this if your version is uncensored).I.e. the only difference if you actually somehow got a censored version, is one update.
  12. T

Windows 7 issues and solutions

Hmm. I haven't tried TW on windows 7 yet, but I do get that message on some programs.Try:Right-clicking the shortcut, select propertiesUnder the compatibility tab, click on the box "Run this program as administrator" or something like that.If it still doesn't work, you may have to reduce the...
  13. T

Birth, and Virgins: finally ready to go

I used to host files on mediafire, and it was cool .. not sure how good it is now, however.Might be slow due to traffic.
  14. T

I LOVE IT vs I HATE IT

Nice timing .. here I am about to get the Kasumi DLC for ME2 ... ;DI never pause the game, so I wouldn't know about moving the camera ..Screenshots .. err .. I think there is .. although I use FRAPS to do that. Free version allows 30 seconds of video as well as screenshots and such.No, there's...
  15. T

Dragon Age vs the Witcher

I've said it before. Dalish Elf origin suxxorz.
Top Bottom