Recent content by username_2093390

+
  1. U

An open letter to CD Projekt, or Why I Cancelled My Preorder Over DRM

Unfortunately, the way the industry's going, not many. I think the last (new) PC game I bought was the Witcher: EE, or maybe Crysis 1. Didn't get Warhead (cancelled that preorder over this same issue) I've recently bought some older games off ebay (Rome Total War, Age of Empires 3, among...
  2. U

So, support them just because they're a small company, even though they're pulling the same crap the big boys are? Buy a game just because the DRM isn't inconvenient? Sorry, I don't buy any of that. DRM is DRM, whether it's convenient or not, whether it has to be activated once or needs a...
  3. U

Yes, I do think it's worth canceling my order over this (as the thread title says, I already have). And no, I don't expect to be treated better by other companies. But that's part of my point; for years CD Projekt has said they were anti-DRM. Now, instead of sticking to their guns, they've...
  4. U

The only one I noticed on first glance was the one with over 500 replies, and I didn't feel like posting in there since what I had to say would probably only get buried. But yes, now that you mention it, I see there are others. So what? The more threads there are on this, the better the...
  5. U

On that matter, why should we have to register for that? As I said in a previous post, there is an inherent right to services when you purchase a product (services being the patches). As for free DLC that isn't included out-of-the-box, I can understand why they would want you to register your...
  6. U

Sorry, I call BS on this. When you a buy a product, there is inherent in that purchase a right to service. You buy a car, it breaks down within a reasonable time frame, the car company fixes it. You buy a DVD, it doesn't work, you get it exchanged. In this case, you buy a game, there are bugs...
  7. U

Plainly you didn't read my post, as it was clear I was talking about the retail version of the game. And how do they not have "full control" over DRM? Because some publisher wanted to include it? I'm sorry, that doesn't cut it. They're the developer of a best-selling game; they have the power in...
  8. U

An open letter to CD Projekt, or Why I Cancelled My Preorder Over DRM I have been eagerly looking forward to The Witcher 2 for quite some time; it was easily my most anticipated game of the year (well, apart from TESV, but that's way off). I've had it preordered off amazon for months. I even...
Top Bottom