Search results

+
  1. T

RPG discussion -- general

You're right about HK-47. He did make an interesting companion.The third prequel was halfway decent. None of the battles in Sith could compare to Hoth in ESB or the space fight in ROTJ.I don't blame the actors so much. I blame the wooden acting on the writing and directing. I saw Hayden in...
  2. T

RPG discussion -- general

KOTOR is a great RPG, but much of the dialogue was stupid. Especially in KOTOR 2. Maybe G L had something to do with that. The man who created star wars is the same guy that destroyed it with those horrible prequel movies. He should stay away from directing period. Instead of using people in...
  3. T

Two Worlds

I'm comparing the specific qualities of each game. I don't care whether one game is labeled rpg and the other is not. If rpgs don't measure up...well that puts those developers to shame because there is no reason why they should not be able to.
  4. T

Ask the Dev Team (old one)

Well, can I see an animated version ?!Still pictures are not enough. I'm starting to get the feeling that combat from this viewpoint isn't a strong selling point for this game. Otherwise, the developers would have released footage showing combat from this viewpoint. I'm beginning to agree that...
  5. T

Your attitude is stemming from my comments to the response made to my question I posed earlier. I hope the mods are reading the comment you just made because you're a perfect example of someone that should be banned from posting anything on this site. That's also my opinion. ;D
  6. T

I don't take orders from Maegnar. ;DI don't care about the labels. And it's the specific qualities of the game I'm comparing.You don't have to participate in this forum MasPingon if you don't want to.I have my opinion and you have yours. Lets leave it at that shall we. ;D
  7. T

I'll believe it when I see it... ;)Mass Effect may be a strong contender for first place too, but I'll keep my mind open to Witcher.These other non-RPG games are also looking pretty good :Brothers In Arms : Hell's HighwayCrysisCOD 4
  8. T

Wow. Assassin's Creed is the only game that has Assassin's Creed graphics ?!I guess Assassin's Creed is the new standard in video games. ;D
  9. T

Actually, the developers of the Two Worlds combat system were sort of on the right track. It is nowhere near as detailed as Assassin's Creed, but it did have 1 useful feature :You could zoom in and out with the touch of a button with no bird's eye view. Your character was just slightly smaller...
  10. T

oooppps...hope there are no greys on this forum ;)
  11. T

As I stated before, the Witcher seems to lack the one important quality I like in modern RPGs. That quality IMO is a combat system that allows the player to view the details of who or what they fight up close similar to Assasin's Creed's combat system. Others on this forum have stated that the...
  12. T

I don't believe your statements are accurate. In the year 2007, what makes an RPG stand out now is the following :GraphicsCombat SystemStoryGame hours ( Replay Value )Music ScoreSound EffectsHeroes of Might and Magic was ok like 15 years ago, and the graphics were still dated then too. Forget...
  13. T

Easy fanboy. Leave this site Maegnar if you're going to cry like a flamer. Just ignore my post or leave. Since you like combat that looks like crap...go back to playing diablo. Those crappy games with the stupid bird's eye view are a dime a dozen. How can you appreciate it when you can't even...
  14. T

Two Worlds

Two Worlds is only an average RPG. Although there are a few improvements over Oblivion, Oblivion is the best overall RPG for your money so far.It took me a full month to complete most of the quests. Meanwhile, it took me less than 2 weeks to finish Two Worlds. Not so good for a game that boasts...
  15. T

I'm really not impressed with the combat footage shown so far. Is there any chance that might improve so it looks less like baldur's gate or diablo and more like assassin's creed ?
  16. T

I said the graphics of TW is dated and the creature/npc animation is really bad.
  17. T

Screens, renders, concept-art - opinions

I don't really think it matters whether a game is labeled action-adventure or RPG. I think now the technology exists so you can blend the qualities of both to achieve a superior gaming experience. Why restrict the development of a game because of labels. In fact, Mass Effect ( although sci-fi )...
  18. T

I don't really think it matters whether a game is labeled action-adventure or RPG. I think now the technology exists so you can blend the qualities of both to achieve a superior gaming experience. Why restrict the development of a game because of labels. In fact, Mass Effect ( although sci-fi )...
  19. T

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------How do you think Witcher will compete against a game like Assasin's Creed, which features a graphically superior combat experience ? I'm not that impressed with the actual combat footage I've seen so far in The Witcher.
  20. T

Screens, renders, concept-art - opinions

It doessn't look like the combat graphics will be as good as Assasin's Creed. :-\I'm not sure about this game.
Top Bottom