Search results

+
  1. C

I'm sad

I agree with the premise to your answer, but agree with the OP with how easy it is to get locked out of a particular ending without realizing it and with no realistic way of going back and fixing it. I actually like that in this conversation, being "real" with Johnny...being brutally...
  2. C

[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

Yep. Amazes me that of all the things they fixed from the original post in this thread three years ago, they didn't take the feedback into account to give people who wanted one halfway decently good ending into account. Doesn't say much for player choice.
  3. C

[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

Just gonna point out that all this time later, nearly 70% of Cyberpunk players said either that they want happy endings or at least the option of one for those who want it. Only 13% ended up happy with the endings that Cyberpunk ended up offering. Y'know. If CDPR is paying attention.
  4. C

Is there a happy ending?

Two years is not THAT long in the context that you saved her and her entire family from complete annihilation. I don't care what happened after that. Once you explain: "Hey, COMA" then the combo of that plus "saved her life and the lives of everyone she loves..." (multiple times even depending...
  5. C

Is there a happy ending?

I don't know how to multi quote either, so this works for me. 1. I did explicitly spell out a way to have the Tower ending be a "bittersweet" ending vs. a purely happy one and how they went above and beyond bittersweet to dictate a shitty ending by breaking established characters. But...
  6. C

Is there a happy ending?

This is very much not the selling point of a choice driven game. The RPG genre is very much based on your choices having some ability to dictate the outcome. And they, honestly, do in this game as well. You are given the ability to choose various outcomes. The problem is that they all suck...
  7. C

Is there a happy ending?

I mean, that is 100% what they did with Witcher 3. The best ending is only achievable if you have the Blood and Wine expansion. Another very crapsack world that has a happy as all fuck ending. Which, okay, having the very best ending behind an additional paywall does does have some problematic...
  8. C

[SPOILER] New ending Mitch and Panam

I don't disagree completely with your premise of non black/whiteness. I disagree with a certain interpretation of things. How I view Song is that she has breached the Blackwall and "leakage" is already happening. Think how the Reavers work in Mass Effect. She's in the process of being...
  9. C

Hey, I never claimed that Songbird wasn't sympathetic or didn't have good reasons behind her actions. I only claimed that when V finds out the truth that from V'S POINT OF VIEW, there's no reason for him to still side with her and help her. Every reason to still side with her comes down to Out...
  10. C

I really don't think we disagree to much except on one kinda key point. The way that the choice is presented in game, you have to be meta gaming to assume the outcome. Basically you have to start from the position "the developers believe X (that EVER making a corpo based choice is the wrong...
  11. C

Our comments are not mutually exclusive. MY point is that the writing shoehorned V into carrying an Idiot Ball to dictate a certain ending that makes zero sense. On the basic facts of what happened, sure, yeah, the text that V was dictated to write by the CDPR writers (who, I will note, did not...
  12. C

the dlc was amazing imo

The DLC from a gameplay, voice acting, audio, graphics, art design etc. was amazing. The DLC from a narrative and character development focus was utter trash. It requires the introduction of the Idiot Ball at multiple points. https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IdiotBall
  13. C

Now, to me that is kinda "meta gaming" tbh. Which, is that really how you want your players to play your game? Or do you want them to be looking at the facts that are in front of your V in that moment and acting how the character might act...and expecting that the other characters in the game...
  14. C

Not true. V has the option to text her. Just the way he does it is vague af. And because it is what Reed tells him the recovery timeline will be, gives her bad information. But even then, it's just bad writing by CDPR on how the text is written. V could have easily written that he's going into...
  15. C

New Ending (SPOILER ALERT)

Panam in base game: "You want me to sacrifice my clan in a raid on Arasaka because you think it will save you? Sure, we're family and we got your back always. We won't leave you hanging after everything you have done for us." Panam in PL: "You were in a coma for 2 years? FUCK YOU, YOU PIECE OF...
  16. C

Yep. Occam's Razor. Bullshit, shoed in bad writing to justify an overly harsh ending that in the process completely rewrites Panam's entire character on the fly.
  17. C

New Ending (SPOILER ALERT)

"Helped" is probably to mild of a statement for what V did for the Aldecados. They still exist period because of V. Without the help that V gave them, they'd have been wiped off the face of the planet. He/she saved all of their lives. But I guess being in a coma isn't a good enough excuse to...
  18. C

Is there a happy ending?

Nope. Everything that you did from beginning to the end was a pointless waste of time and exercise in utter futility no matter what choices you make, what people you help, etc. The only winning move in this game is not to play.
  19. C

Is there a happy ending?

So, I just finished playing through the Phantom Liberty expansion. I'd like to start the post off on a positive note. The gameplay (which I initially wasn't a big fan of in the 2.0 update but came around on), the graphics, the voice acting. the music...just about everything is killer. Top...
  20. C

Mod that adds npc that can upgrade your weapons.

It simply amazes me that this isn't in vanilla.
Top Bottom