Search results

+
  1. D

TW3 Open World

I admit the announcement that it is a massive open world game and not dived into acts is a little concerning to me. Not freaking out "OMG the series is ruined forever! boycott, boycott, boycott!" it's just I don’t play the Witcher to screw around with 100 throwaway side quests or just traveling...
  2. D

The Witcher 3 and mounts, Mounted combat is a must, reasoning inside.

The problem is mounted combat is rarely done well. I like it in Mount and Blade but that is a completely different sort of game and you’re fighting armies not monsters. I’m not oppose to it but as long as he can dismount quickly I don’t mind if he can attack from horseback.
  3. D

One difficulty level? for Cyberpunk2077,Witcher 3 and other CDPR games

How much time though? Would the time that was used to balance even be used on making it more challenging or something else? Would it even make much of a difference? As far as I’m aware there aren’t any stats on this and you could always say they should have spent less time on this or that...
  4. D

Then that’s a problem with devs not putting in an option of difficulty you feel is right for you, not a problem caused having optional difficulties. I doubt difficulty balancing is particularly costly compared to everything else and it broadens the games appeal.
  5. D

I honestly don’t know why people even care that other are playing on a lower difficulty. So long as there is a difficulty that is about right for you what does it matter? How others play doesn’t affect you at all. Games are for entertainment. There is no need for people to be “forced to improve”...
  6. D

Voiced or Silent protagonist/game

Yeah, I’m also on the side of voiced protagonist for the vast majority of games though I don't mind them having no voice. The only real strike against it for me is if having the lines voiced is going to reduce your options in dialogue because of budget and then as you said you can still have...
  7. D

The Witcher and Misogyny?

Not focusing on the issue of misogyny does not = supporting it. Beside are you forgetting about Ves and that female elf? They touch on the issue. I think Philippa briefly mentioned it and of course Triss and Saksia espeically are both strong female character though I don't recall them ever...
  8. D

So... Who's still getting Dark Souls PC?

I want it. From what I have heard the Kb& M controls are shit but I’d be playing it with my gamepad anyway. However the timing of this release is bad for me. I really shouldn’t be buying more games right now, especially since I don’t need any and Guild Wars 2 is out as well.
  9. D

Why is Iorveth so popular char?

At first I found him amusing with his dramatic rants (though I would never say that to his face :p) but didn’t really like him until Vergen. I thought he was going to be another elf supremist who seems more obsessed with martyrdom, getting back at humans and lamenting about what they once had...
  10. D

Does anyone choose not to replay the game?

No, I just have the first run-through as the “canon” one I’m going to import. Playing it again does not diminish my choices on the first one and in honesty I think restricting yourself from replaying based on that is kind of silly but maybe I'm just not fully understanding your reasoning .
  11. D

The Politics of The Witcher 2. Part 3: The War for the Pontar Valley

Good analysis and an enlightening read but a couple of mistakes Saskia, who is secretly a golden dragon that can shape shift, Saskia can shift into one human form but is not a golden dragon (who can shape shift into any form). Geralt points this out. took pity on the peasants and nonhumans...
  12. D

Armors and swords

What was in the Witcher 2 was fine although some of it feels like filler. That doesn’t really bother me too much but they could have a bit less. I would want more than what was in the witcher 1. I like enough to get a sense of progressing and to customise based on playstyle. Not so much that I’m...
  13. D

Iorveth and the Kingslayer

Non humans seem to be treated badly everywhere in the northern kingdoms, whether the ruler condones this treatment or not they still get blamed for it. Besides you have to remember that the Scoia'tael are generally very racist themselves and blame humans as a whole.
  14. D

They were not involved with Demavend one. That was before Letho and Iorveth meet. They were helping Serrit and Auckes with Hensalt before Letho’s treachery was discovered. They would have helped him kill other kings had things not gone sour.
  15. D

About when did Iorveth actually meet Saskia and was it before or after the La Valettes? And was she aware of him working with Letho? I've always been a bit confused about the timeline with this.
  16. D

character clones

It’s not that bad, the only time I really noticed it was when Cedric and Ciaran repapered in Vergan and that was more lol worthy than annoying. What game with this many characters and background NPC doesn’t have reuse of character models? I’m pretty sure Bioware still dose.
  17. D

any new areas or characters in ee ?

Thats always been there, you must have just missed it. :p
  18. D

That's a joke...4.5/10?!

*shrug* this always happens, people have different opinions and it’s best not to stress about it. Tho 4.5 is usually reserved for badly broken games tho I don’t how that particularly review uses the scores so that might not be the case here. It’s one of the reasons why you should take scores...
Top Bottom