Search results

+
  1. D

What's Your Cyberpunk story, punk?

I was heavy into the punk scene in the mid-90's. We also gamed a whole lot. A friend introduced me to CP2020 in 95/96. We played it occasionally until 07 when we started playing it as our primary game. Right now I've got a 1920's Pulp/Horror game we're playing using Wisdom000's Interlock...
  2. D

So how many of you threw Cyberpreds at your players?

I did once. Used the tiger one from one of the Chromebooks. It lived on the estate of some ultra-rich villain kingpin in Hawaii. The setup worked flawless and when the Players came across it the combat started out awesome.... then a bad role from me and an incredible roll from a player put it...
  3. D

Interlaced Cyberpunk Game.

That's very similar to how we did it, we just had them go all over the world. I've tried it twice. I gave the first adventure, the setup, then when it ended, they have a cyberdeck they recovered. Next GM takes over for the following session, tells them what's on the deck and that leads them...
  4. D

Skinweave ridiculous you say... now it's real!

That's very similar to how we did it, we just had them go all over the world. I've tried it twice. I gave the first adventure, the setup, then when it ended, they have a cyberdeck they recovered. Next GM takes over for the following session, tells them what's on the deck and that leads them...
  5. D

If you're looking to buy the Cyberpunk 2020 rule book and setting books:

Just stalk Ebay. It'll take a while, but every few weeks it seems that a Cyberpunk rulebook lots comes up. If you see duplicate books to any you have, just loan/sell/give a copy to a friend. If you're lucky, you'll score a copy of Nightcity with the fold-out map. Otherwise Wisdom000 had a...
  6. D

Interlaced Cyberpunk Game.

I've GM'd Cyberpunk off and on for 18 years. Agree with Suhiir, co-GM'd games never quite work. Last one we tried was a "Where in the World in Carmen Sandiego" game. PC's were tracking this villain down and having to travel all of the world to catch them. Each GM did a portion, leaving an...
  7. D

I've GM'd Cyberpunk off and on for 18 years. Agree with Suhiir, co-GM'd games never quite work. Last one we tried was a "Where in the World in Carmen Sandiego" game. PC's were tracking this villain down and having to travel all of the world to catch them. Each GM did a portion, leaving an...
  8. D

Just another day in the city.

Oh...now that's devious.
  9. D

But if you're dumping 10+ rounds at a target, an average damage of 21 is still going to ruin your target's day. Metal gear isn't something my players were coming across very often. If they did, it usually meant "run" or they were planning for it well in advance and had something in mind other...
  10. D

I always preferred frag-flechettes. Treat soft armor as 1/2, but do normal damage once they break though. Bit expensive, though. And only AP vs soft armor. But that was 95% of what we were going up against. And hell yeah on the Ambidexterity chip. Love those things. During one game when...
  11. D

OK, IU aside... I hate the Armalite 44. 1 ROF and limited capacity. 10mm gives you 2D6+3 and is usually 2 shots per round. Throw in some AP, AP Incendiary, or frag-flechettes, and you're doing great. With the Solo of Fortune II gun mod rules to add some porting and get a 3rd shot a round...
  12. D

Agreed. The bruise damage is still a big issue, but we're still looking at the infancy stage. Interlock Unlimited addresses the bruise damage problems with skinweaves quite nicely.
  13. D

Latest Datafortress 2020 Update!

Last time we spoke, he was still kickin. Time to drop another line.
  14. D

IP used to improve Stats?

I never allowed IP to raise stats, just skills. (Fitness and Bodybuilding skill in IU does raise stats, though). If they want stats they needed to cyber up or get some body-sculpting done.
  15. D

Cyberpunk Miniatures

While looking for some minis for my current game, I found these nice people, Mirliton. They still own the rights to the European production of the old Grenadier molds. I've owned a couple of their sci-fi minis for my Cyberpunk games (never knew who had made them as I bought them in an ebay...
  16. D

Simplicity in FNFF

Never worried about weight unless players were just being ridiculous with what they were carrying as equipment or if they were trying to carry something big in or out of a fight (like a safe or a fallen PC or something). As for max damage at point blank, I treat that as physically touching...
  17. D

How do you handle explosive damage?

Wisdom's IU rules worked best for our game.
  18. D

Night's Edge?

I've spent the last few days re-working their psychic rules for my 1920's Cthulhu-esque game I'm working on. Ianus....
  19. D

1920's pulp-era conversion - The Mauser Broomhandle

You're spot on when it comes to pistol vs rifle power. Pistols are all low-power. Rifles are all nasty. Pistol Rounds were easy enough. Lots of .32 - 45. A couple were wacky, like the .41 rimfire, which is a very weak round, despite its size (I settled in 1d6+3, not sure how correct that is...
  20. D

1920's pulp-era conversion - The Mauser Broomhandle

Of course some Cthulu will appear. But there' s also a good deal of other inspiration (Hellraiser, American Horror Story, classic horror monster, etc) I have no plan of just limiting myself to only Cthulhu mythos. The Call of Cthulhu Investigator's Companion is real useful in gear and weapons...
Top Bottom