Search results

+
  1. R

Optional Romantic Encounters which SHOULD have existed

No mention of the baroness?
  2. R

Witcher 3 Graphics

There is no Downgrade, just different filters When I saw this weeks ago I feared a downgrade, but sweetfx filters proved it false. The final game simply had a different filter/hue. The third screenshot is my game at max settings/1080p (and beyond ultra draw distance in config.ini) with a...
  3. R

How To Make Your Horse Rear Up!

"It makes sense in the game rearing happens when it happens." It's been said before in the thread that Roach rears automatically when she gets scared. I was just saying that it makes sense that you can't do it manually.
  4. R

Stuff I am stuck with... PC version - possible spoilers early game

Also, if you're not in combat you can meditate for an hour or more to recover health.
  5. R

Can I run it decently with my PC or should I get the X-Box One version?

Yeah, you can just simply upgrade your GPU for less than the price of a whole console and max the graphics at 1080p. R9 280/R9 290/GTX 970 will do the job just fine for cheaper than a console.
  6. R

Console loading times (XBox One)

In the case of fast travel, the game has already loaded much of the assets to the ram and GPU as opposed to starting a new game/loading which reloads the entire world.
  7. R

Console loading times (XBox One)

Yeah, upgrading your console with a 7400 RPM, SSHD, or SSD will help the problem. There's just a lot of stuff to load, it's the nature of the huge open world, and it still usually takes 10-15 seconds to load from my PC's SSD (it's a relatively new one too - 1 TB :P). So it seems expected that it...
  8. R

How To Make Your Horse Rear Up!

Generally the rearing up you see in paintings (a la the painting Napoleon Crossing the Alps) is only used for dramatic effect. It would generally be a bad plan to purposefully scare/overstimulate and off-balance your horse before going into battle. From Wikipedia: "Rearing occurs when a horse or...
  9. R

The crafting system seems pointess

Don't get the complaints about storage. The crafting materials are light, and buying the Zerrikanian saddlebags increased the carry weight by 100. :horse: Let Roach carry your burdens! :P Just sell the swords/armor you don't need - metal stuff is heavy. I made it to the end of the game...
  10. R

CDPR: a Little attention for a consoles gamers please?

TBH Seems so me that someone trolled/provided false information, others are trying to debunk that information. But yeah, it's off topic.
  11. R

Can someone help me with the content of the witcher 2?

I'm assuming you mean Witcher 3. But what I say below applies equally to W2. Most editions (besides the censored Middle East version) have full gore, full nudity - CDP red doesn't hold anything back. Nearly every swordfight is gory - moreso in W3. It's a mature game,and if you don't want your...
  12. R

FREE DLC and EXPANSION PACK ideas for devs to ponder :)

Maybe a cameo for both Iorveth and Saskia. It especially seemed weird to me that if you didn't free the Saskia from Phillipa's control at the end of the W2, why Phillipa didn't use a dragon to fight the Redanians that were pursuing her and creating havoc. On the other side, if Saskia was freed...
  13. R

Witcher 3-Performance on mobile GPUs

Asus G751JT with GTX 970m overclocked, i7 4710HQ 1080p maximum settings (except hairworks disabled) 40 FPS average on v 1.03
  14. R

720p option on PS4? Please CDProjekt! My reasons.

I think I'll have to disagree with that. The clarity of the picture is a function of screen size (pixel density), distance from the screen, and the resolution. If you play from far away, and/or the screen size is small, even if the screen is 480p it will still seem super sharp unless you close...
  15. R

Observations

In GTA 5 paramedics in an ambulance show up to a dead bodies and then they just stand around it for a few minutes before driving off. Generally this takes long enough that the player doesn't notice though - I'm guessing this is what CDPred did - you won't notice unless you really look. But who...
  16. R

The Witcher 3 - Visuals

I honestly hope this isn't the case. And CDP Red's response, along with their moderators, hasn't been encouraging :( If they hadn't downgraded it, logically, they would have a huge press release emphasizing that the PC version isn't downgraded given all the speculation here. The lack of any...
  17. R

The Witcher 3 - Visuals

For 60 FPS, you only need to insert a frame between each frame from 30 FPS. Each frame takes 33.3 ms for 30 FPS, and 16.7 ms for 60 FPS, so yes, it is - in general - a linear relationship. And yes, CPUs can be a bottleneck. I was assuming no bottleneck from the CPU (as it usually is when...
  18. R

The Witcher 3 - Visuals

60 FPS is only 2x as hard to run as 30 FPS - 2x the number of frames per second. A 980 is many times as powerful as the PS4 and XB1, and I would daresay more than 2x as powerful as the X1 and PS4 combined. Make of that what you will. And this:
  19. R

Any chance The Witcher 3 get MANTLE support?

It would be a better use of resources (and make their Nvidia partners more happy :P) to add DX12 support. According to the latest benchmarks, Mantle and DX12 perform similarly on AMD cards while DX12 gives a similar boost to Nvidia.
  20. R

A question about stamina (vigor?) and increasing health

Well, Geralt is a witcher (mutant), so it wouldn't be a far off assumption that he can regenerate his body. That being said, I've never read the books, despite finishing both W1 and W2, so someone correct me if the original books say otherwise.
Top Bottom