Search results

+
  1. F

Hearts of Stone. How to start it?

Hearts of Stone. How to start it? i started a new game+ with my level 36 character and would like to use him to play the hearts of stone dlc. I have gone as far as talking to everyone in the first inn and have the quest to speak to the Nilfgaardians at the fort. How do i start the hearts of stone?
  2. F

Petition: Increase subtitles font

i play on a 55" lcd and i sit the same distance as you, but i can read the subtitles perfectly. Maybe if they allowed you to change the colour of the font?
  3. F

Weather

Weather Is there any way of tweaking the weather patterns or could someone recommend a mod? A mate of mine keeps complaining about the weather always being stormy and raining. He rarely gets nice, sunny weather on his game.
  4. F

The Witcher 3 - retail version - how to enable screenshots?

i use dxtory to capture screenshots, it works perfectly fine
  5. F

Cannot apply oils during combat

you can apply oils during combat. go to your inventory and use your mouse to drag an oil on to the sword you wish to coat with the oil, eg ogroid oil on your silver sword for trolls. i play with a wired xbox controller, but use the drag and drop method if i get caught unprepared
  6. F

What LEVEL are you?

152 hours played about 100xp from level 32 i'm on the final act but have loads of question marks to investigate (mainly in the skellige region)
  7. F

[Bug] Cave of Dreams quest auto failed after King's Gambit quest.

i'm in the same boat as you. My quest also shows as failed, even though i have 3 green ticks the same as you
  8. F

Bad FPS with good machine

I never said I had a gtx 970. I was talking about resetting the bios to try and help, in case there were conflicting settings that affected the cpu. I actually have a Galax gtx 980 Hall of fame edition. ---------- Updated at 05:15 PM ---------- Sorry to hear that it didn't work. I hope you...
  9. F

Uninstall deletes saved games???

I've installed the game 4 times, and each time my saves were intact. You must've put a tick in the box that tells it to delete the saves.
  10. F

good luck. i tried everything else that was suggested on these forums, and only the bios reset worked. i actually found the solution on a forum for 3dmark. when my pc started to play up, i did a benchmark to test the performance, and only scored about fifty percent of what i usually score...
  11. F

i fixed mine by resetting my bios back to default settings. i know it may sound bizarre, but after the 1.04 patch and nvidia driver update (the driver that is meant to enhance the witcher 3) my pc lost almost half of it's processing power. all of my games had to be run on lower settings...
  12. F

Another Letho import issue.

My mate had a quest with Letho the other day, and he has never played the witcher 2. When i went to reardon i never found him. A fluke/glitch that my mate found him?
  13. F

Need help finding bottleneck

Join the club. This game seems to run flawless on some systems, and struggles on others. Both my system and a friend's, both can't achieve a constant 50-60 fps, even with turning off hairworks and dropping down some other settings. In the open countryside it's pretty smooth, but in town, cities...
  14. F

Finally!

i was almost in the process of sending my card back, when my mate said he was having the same problems. he didn't notice it at first as he's the sort of person who is happy with 30-40 fps, but he then realised his other games were struggling. if it's down to the 1.04 patch, then i am wondering...
  15. F

Novigrad performance thread

i was having terrible fps in Novigrad, as low as 18 in the marketplace!. it is a little better now that i have lowered a few settings and fiddled with the ini files. it still isn't perfect as there are parts of the city where the animation seems to lurch i7 4790k, gtx980 and 16gb ram
  16. F

Finally!

Finally! At some point, about a week ago, either something in the latest patch for witcher 3 or the latest nvidia drivers, has reduced the processing power of my pc. The same applies to a mate's pc too. Going from almost everything on ultra at 1080p on most games, and now have to drop a notch...
  17. F

10 - 15 % less framerate since patch 1.04

Thanks for your tips. I changed the mipmap bias to 1, then ingame I lowered sharpening to low and here's the bizarre one - put ambient occlusion down to ssao (got stuttering and lag) put it back up to HBAO and it became silky-smooth. Admittedly I've only tested these on open water, in a boat...
  18. F

Haggling

Haggling Is there any point to haggling, as most of the time you just have to settle for the minimum?
  19. F

PC System specs

PC System specs I do like this game, but it is the only game on my pc that really taxes it. i thought i had a good system until i started to play this title. Major fps drops in cities (28 - 34 fps on Oxenfurt docks). i am running with a mixture of high and ultra settings, with Nvidia hairworks...
  20. F

Disabling Hyper Threading!

i can't see why anyone would need to disable hyperthreading. myself and two others that i know, all have i7 4970k's. my game generally dips to 30 to 40 fps in cities/towns, whilst they have no problems.
Top Bottom