Search results

+
  1. Y

Quick question about TW3 default decisions/world states

Thanks! I also scoured the net and the search bar, and came across the same results. It still leaves a few uncertainties in the whole save-state issue, though.
  2. Y

Quick question about TW3 default decisions/world states

Quick question about TW3 default decisions/world states Hey all, so I was thinking of replaying TW3 for the first time since it came out in 2015 but I no longer have my TW1/TW2 saves, and I was just curious: if I play the game with the default game state, what are the default decisions for...
  3. Y

I realized another reason why TW2 is superior to TW3

What can I say, Dandelion's line from TW2 just stuck to me.
  4. Y

It seems to me like you overreacted upon seeing this topic, complaining about its existence and posting a myriad of gifs. As has been mentioned before, the reason I brought this up in the first place is because I loved TW1 and TW2 so much that the dip in quality (In certain respects) in TW3...
  5. Y

I realized another reason why TW2 is superior to TW3 Bit of a long post, so bear with me. So, there have already been plenty of discussions on why TW2 had better narrative/structure/politics than TW3, with most of the latter's faults being the open-world setting and weak writing (Eredin's few...
  6. Y

Politics in TW3

In regards to Nilfgaard's forces being 'devastated' by resistance, I don't think that was the case at all. Looking back at the figures from the second war, Nilfgaard can clearly raise forces in the hundreds of thousands (Up to 350,000 men, apparently). If the previous conflict was any indication...
  7. Y

The Last Wish - How was it handled?

I agree. Geralt finally getting over Yennefer and telling her that they were no longer in any sort of relationship was one of my favourite moments in the game. People like to 'romantically' say that 'only death' was able to bring peace to the relationship between Geralt and Yennefer (Without...
  8. Y

The Nilfgaard thread - How did you like the depiction of the Black Ones?

Emhyr doesn't necessarily have to say she's a commoner though, he could probably make up some minor title for her, even if just to soften the blow. Come to think of it, Ciri really won't have it easy as Empress. I mean, the previous Emperor admits that his wife is not who he and everyone else...
  9. Y

Huh, I somehow didn't think of that. That would definitely shake confidence in the Imperial dynasty, though I'm pretty sure they could just brush it off without much trouble.
  10. Y

I think you misunderstand. I meant that in the 5 years between the books and the games Nilfgaard could have gotten rid of 'Fake Ciri', who was crowned Empress and had portraits drawn of her. Then, at the end of TW3, the 'real' Ciri simply assumes her place. Emhyr and Cirilla abdicate so that...
  11. Y

Well, as someone who was introduced to the book series through the first two games, I did. I guess some people are a lot more squeamish about this sort of thing, though. You could make the argument that he got rid of her and this quote refers to the 'real' Ciri.
  12. Y

So I checked out the English translation of The Lady of the Lake and, to my surprise, I was able to confirm that Emhyr does marry 'Fake Ciri' near the end of the book (Around Pg. 244). No matter how you look at it, I'm pretty sure 'Fake Ciri' was either killed in secret, imprisoned, or suffered...
  13. Y

That might be the case, but Toussaint is nonetheless a province of Nilfgaard that is subject to its laws in the imperial sense, so it should be able to at least give us some sort of idea of how the many lands in the Empire of Nilfgaard are run. Wait, did Emhyr actually marry 'Fake Ciri' in the...
  14. Y

The Stories Length and Content

I actually do feel that, for the conclusion of Geralt's story, the main quest (Not including most sidequests) was quite short. Overall, I wish they hadn't gone with the 'open world' approach, but had stuck to TW2's more linear structure.
  15. Y

What is your favorite ending? [SPOILERS]

I, and apparently some other people on this forum, simply don't believe that Ciri was 100% of his life. Before he knew Ciri he had Yennefer (Although it didn't work out between them without Ciri, so that point goes to you), and in the games he had Triss before he even remembered either Ciri...
  16. Y

Maybe for Geralt in the books. If Geralt can dump the woman who some characters claimed was his one true love, then he can move on after losing his surrogate daughter. I personally despise 'tragic endings' the protagonist dies. On the other hand, I fucking love bittersweet endings where the...
  17. Y

If Geralt had moved on with his life after Ciri's death and gotten together with his love interest, I'd say the 'Bad Ending' is the best one since I believe the Crones to be a far better antagonist than the Wild Hunt, and ending the game with one final battle against them is pretty great.
  18. Y

I gotta say, I really wish we were shown more of Nilfgaard because just hearing a guy who's never been to the Empire of Nilfgaard talking about being thrown into 'sulfur mines' hardly lends these tales of brutality much credibility. While I respect that you may want to play Geralt in that...
  19. Y

About the slavery, it might be limited to a far smaller group of people than some seem to believe. In the books, Ciri ends up teleporting to some Nilfgaardian port town, and there are no significant signs of suffering; in fact, everyone seems very happy. I agree with what you mentioned earlier...
  20. Y

Politics in TW3

Alright, the part where he goes after Dethmold is pretty over the top. I always saved Triss, so I keep forgetting about that little adventure. Him running a few kilometres to kill Henselt in the middle of a battle is not really ridiculous, though, since he felt that he had nothing left to lose...
Top Bottom