Search results

+
  1. trevalyan

When does Takemura turn?

Plus it's really hard to track down someone with Kiroshi Optics- known for keeping their users off surveillance cameras. Yorinobu might see Takemura as a threat even without any of his money or corporate accounts- but Takemura probably uses the money he has left for similar eye surgery from...
  2. trevalyan

[SPOILERS] Can one ending be removed completely?

It's harsh, but completely in character. Panam and her clan are completely honest in their desire to fight for you, and die for you if needed. That you would spend yourself so pointlessly when they would have helped is why Panam is absolutely furious with you. Ironically, this is also an...
  3. trevalyan

Is Act I the Cyberpunk 2077 game we wanted?

This is a major point of the story. You're picked precisely because you're two idiots no one's going to miss working for a washed-up idiot. A number of players think Act 1 was on rails and they can't wait to get to a full map unlock with Johnny in their head, while a number of players want to...
  4. trevalyan

Is Act I the Cyberpunk 2077 game we wanted?

I'm astonished there are people who want some kind of faction system with the Night City gangs. It's like New Vegas, except they're all worse than Caesar's Legion. The Voodoo Boys are simply bigots against anyone who wasn't a Haitian refugee, the Tyger Claws are human traffickers who work with...
  5. trevalyan

(SPOILERS...) The Heist; a run known to fail before it even started?

Delamain could have picked No-Tell Motel for any number of reasons. The first and most important would be a reaction to the car being lit up with gunfire. Or if DeShawn sent a message to change the destination, given that he was the one paying for it. Or if Rogue, with her considerable knowledge...
  6. trevalyan

[Spoilers] Saburo & Yorinobu Arasaka

I thought it was partly punishment, partly an incentive to spare some of the people who participated in Yorinobu's coup. Otherwise a lot of them would be wishing for Royce to judge them with lasers, because it would be kinder and quicker than Saburo. It was only much later that I thought...
  7. trevalyan

Poll and Opinion Questions ***(((SPOILERS)))***

1) Do you guys want post-story content? Why or why not? I mean, DOI, of course, but CDPR has made at least 15 million sales of this thing even after refunds. I guarantee they will sell tons of post-game content. Even if they didn't, they would happily use post-game content to gradually wind down...
  8. trevalyan

[Fun] Post your most random thoughts and headcanon

Gary was right about everything: including us, the sadistic cold-blooded spectators of Alpha Centauri. Rogue and the other fixers are all part of a compact: if Arasaka/ Militech comes after one of them, all of them will attack in response. But that obligates them to stay out of top-level corpo...
  9. trevalyan

The motivation for everything that happened. (MAX spoilers)

Without offense, perhaps the email has a different text and meaning in your language. In the English localization of Cyberpunk, Cheever believes the agreement is a sure thing, but is curious as to why Silverhand must be the beneficiary. Clearly this is a stipulation from Yorinobu, not NetWatch.
  10. trevalyan

Netrunning and what might have been ...

V's power as a netrunner really gets going only when you get blue versions of your favorite spells- mine was purple Overheat, because I got on the right roof after Jackie's funeral. Heck of a first playthrough, I tell ya. So I'd be careful about making early netrunner game too hard for most...
  11. trevalyan

This is an excellent addition, BUT the Netwatch manager who agrees to buy the Relic is confused about Yorinobu insisting that Silverhand's engram be on the artifact. Yorinobu is quite ready to patiently explain things, but in person- you can examine this mail thread yourself in Yorinobu's...
  12. trevalyan

[SPOILERS] Can one ending be removed completely?

Making a sympathetic suicide option in the name of keeping your friends alive is an understandable creative choice. Especially when you see that Panam and especially Judy are DEVASTATED by it. I can't imagine anyone would justify the suicide option after that, which is probably why a Suicide...
  13. trevalyan

5 reasons why Yorinobu is the WORST thing Cyberpunk has (and how to fix that) *SPOILERS* (duh)

You're cool, but you're off here. Yorinobu knows exactly what to do. - First, discredit Goro Takemura. He blamed him for killing his Arasaka co-workers and partnering with the murderer of Saburo Arasaka. Takemura's premium corporate implants are deactivated and not even his own apprentice, Oda...
  14. trevalyan

Why does the entire story hinge on Yorinobu being a moron? *SPOILERS*

I think that Takemura's corporate optics immediately recognized that Saburo had been strangled, but he put off retaliation because of Smasher. Perhaps Wakako told Yorinobu what happened- or perhaps Oda included it in his report, as he really should have. And no one is trying to kill Hanako...
  15. trevalyan

Why does the entire story hinge on Yorinobu being a moron? *SPOILERS*

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/the-motivation-for-everything-that-happened-max-spoilers.11067428/#post-12604049 I just did a post breaking down Yorinobu's actions during the heist. I can say that your most glaring mistake is that you got an easy Yorinobu moment wrong. He...
  16. trevalyan

I genuinely think the DLCs will explain some of the things seen in the game. It would have been great to work with Yorinobu directly, but he wouldn't have a reason to trust anyone but Silverhand. He wins quite convincingly if we do anything but work for Arasaka.
  17. trevalyan

Thanks! I'm super glad people liked it, and one reason Cyberpunk 2077 is going to go down as an all-time great is because there are so many hidden agendas which can be pieced together on second playthroughs- or even first playthroughs, if you think hard about all the dialogue as it's being said...
  18. trevalyan

[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

It'd be amazing if 2077 was tracking this all along.
  19. trevalyan

I'm sure Saburo would have smashed the Dragons apart if he realized what a threat Yorinobu would become to the Arasaka legacy. As I'm sure that Yorinobu would cancel his plans if the Voodoo Boys betrayed him, and hand the Relic over to Netwatch. In exchange, the UN and America would dismantle...
Top Bottom