Search results

+
  1. T

[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

And fails at that. Harebrained's Battletech did that well. You were able to create the backstory and reason for your character to be in a certain location. The Main Story works, what your character thinks and feels outside of that is not relevant to the story, you have the freedom to interpret...
  2. T

I have no idea what a cyberpunk perspective is supposed to be. Johnny has HIS perspective, that he sadly never fully explains (aside from "corps suck"). V should already have an opinion on the world as well, sadly, that is never explored. And again, I don't know when the game ever asks what V...
  3. T

The problem with Johnny as a narrator is that he is an unreliable narrator. He is biased and his memory is incomplete/modified. Honestly, the way you describe the RP elements of this game makes the Half Life games sound like great RPGs. V's/Freeman's desires, opinions and expressions are...
  4. T

Nope. There are characters who give in to despair and lose hope, they usually end up dead. The genre is a playground for characters to never lose hope and keep fighting, no matter what. You can get the necessary information from woodman without firing a single shot. The outcome is the same, no...
  5. T

What happened with Takemura?

So why not ask Takemura to take "the thief" to a secure location and have Adam smash (heh) that place, killing everyone? And why not send someone else when the first option failed?
  6. T

What happened with Takemura?

Yeah, for some reason Yori decided to mark Takemura as a Traitor and sends goons after him. I figure that Arasaka could remotely deactivate Takemura's implants.
  7. T

Does Yori know? Afaik the whole reason why he wanted to sell it to NetWatch is for them to actually make it work. Hellman hasn't managed that. All of his experiments ende in failures. And we have no idea what his ultimate plan was, because he never reveals it. (aside from "becoming the bomb")...
  8. T

uhm, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the second one the very basic concept of an RPG? "You play as Nomad V, so what would Nomad V do in any given situation?" Honestly, she pretty much describes her own headcanon. She is having fun because she is taking all the gaps that the game leaves...
  9. T

What killed immersion for me was the introduction of a problem that hadn't been established within the game. It breaks the internal consistency of the game. V's brain had changed. There is no question about that. What remains unanswered (within the game) is why that suddenly changed the way the...
  10. T

I'm fine with you not sifting through hours of gameplay ;). There is still the difference between "burning V's brain matter" and "changing DNA". Yes, the Biochip is supposed to rewrite the brain, replacing the "empty" (dead) brain with the memories and personality of the engram. We do know...
  11. T

okay, then please tell me where in the Story it is ever mentioned, that the Biochip rewrites/changes V's DNA. You also mentioned Ghost in the Shell as an inspiration for this game. I agree. How did the movie (1995) end again? Oh right, Kusanagi and the PuppetMaster have become a new person...
  12. T

"Backs Against The Walls"-quest (slight spoiler)

Because he's too far gone? Read the messages on his computer, people try to help him but he doesn't accept it.
  13. T

I'm not so sure about that. The problem is that the Relic is malfunctioning. It was damaged during the heist. With both V and Johnny sharing the body, there is instability that can kill both of them. At the end, Alt removes V's consciousness from the body, leaving only Johnny behind...
  14. T

they leave because they attacked Militech and Arasaka, also they looted a lot of expensive stuff from the tower. No need to earn money when you can sell stolen goodies. Judy leaves because she lost Evelyn and V to the City. She also didn't get along with the leader of the Moxes. She wanted to...
  15. T

Questions about the story of the heist.

Well, what I took from the game was this chain of events: Anders Hellman started to develop the prototype Biochip becaus Saburo ordered him to. Yorinobu asked Anders about the Biochip, how to store it, and so on. Yorinobu then put JS engram on the chip, stole it and moved to Night City. Once...
  16. T

the number doesn't bother me, they actually could have done more. To me the problem is the UI for the shards and messages. It's cluttered. If I want to read a message from Regina I need to scroll to her name, then scroll to the latest message I received from her. Same with the Shards. If I want...
  17. T

(spoiler) CHIPPIN IN... SUCKIN IN

Really? Did V come to Night City for that or is it your interpretation? I would have liked the opportunity to define V's reason for being in Night City, but it never happened. And even in this ending, V has 6 months to live and goes on the suicide mission. How does that fit with the "core" of...
  18. T

The Story is Deeper Than Originally Thought - SPOILERS

I'm sorry, what? A game that doesn't answer any questions and leaves things open for future expansions is deep? This is pretty much ME3 all over again, the endings were deep because people could interpret them however they wanted to. The things you mentioned here are not part of the main...
  19. T

Big missing piece in the story (Humanity)

"I'm not religious at all but I hold certain values very strongly and I'm sensitive to them being defiled or ruined in any way, so it will be interesting to see if anyone else found this in their gameplay or if I'm alone in this" in other words, you need trigger warnings. Sorry to say this, but...
  20. T

Ending issue

it's been a while since I last played through the Devil Ending, but I think V lost all sense of time at the end. V is being woken up every day in the same way, so V could have been a few days or weeks up there. I also didn't get a sense for how much time passed between the Call to LI and the...
Top Bottom