Search results

+
  1. V_for_Valerie

[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

Basically agree with this sentiment. It would've been a neat thing if it were in the game, but it's not, as is the case with many other features that were promised. No use crying over split milk, just gotta look to the future and hope CDPR give us some better content.
  2. V_for_Valerie

Sadly, it's kind of become industry standard for developers to make a bunch of wild claims about their game and then just see what sticks. I remember reading an interview with Ken Levine way back in the run-up to Bioshock Infinite where he promised a bunch of grandiose features which could...
  3. V_for_Valerie

[Spoilers] Very few of the quests have satisfying resolutions

Is this true? If so, I retract everything I've said about Dream On in this thread. The only follow-up I got from this quest was the jittery call you get from Peralez in the credits if you tell him the truth. Both outcomes resulting in him winning the election is a little bit lame, it'd make...
  4. V_for_Valerie

Unconscious decisions are still decisions. Gavrilo Princip didn't set out to start World War I when he shot Franz Ferdinand, but he's rightly recognized as an important historical figure because he did. In the same vein, V's actions have the power to change the face of the Cyberpunk universe...
  5. V_for_Valerie

These stories should exist outside of V's involvement though, as I've already pointed out in this thread. It makes no real sense that V's choice at the end of Dream On is never followed up on. It's an important choice. Not asking for every loose end to be tied up, just for some acknowledgement...
  6. V_for_Valerie

This is only true if you ignore the fact that V's actions determine who controls the Arasaka corporation (big deal for the Cyberpunk lore), whether or not Alt takes control of Mikoshi's engrams, whether Adam Smasher lives or dies, whether Rogue lives or dies, whether Johnny Silverhand lives or...
  7. V_for_Valerie

But this is exactly my problem with these quests. They DON'T exist outside of V's involvement with them. All the characters and storylines featured in the game's various quests simply cease to exist after V stops interacting with them. They're all just props for V to play with for a while...
  8. V_for_Valerie

Yeah, this is a little reaching imo, but I can accept that your outlook is one way to interpret the quest. The problem is that it's like this for most quests, so again I can't really believe that it's intentional, but rather that CDPR just failed to deliver in crafting a living, breathing world...
  9. V_for_Valerie

This is just semantics, it's still a hot topic whether the BD goes ahead or not, and yet the world does not react to either scenario. However you choose to complete the mission, the whole issue just evaporates instantly. You can't tell the player that something is a huge deal, and then just...
  10. V_for_Valerie

Alright, I was slightly misremembering, here's the exact line: Again, that's still a big deal! Plus you see the protest outside the braindance studio, and the advertisements for the BD all over town. Joshua Stephenson's fate is absolutely in the public interest, and it should make a difference...
  11. V_for_Valerie

I can't remember the exact line, but it's plainly stated at some point during his quest that he made front-page news in all the "screamsheets" when he was arrested. He killed a load of people, you meet the relatives of two of his victims in the very same quest. You can talk to him about it to...
  12. V_for_Valerie

Gah, no offense to you personally, but I'm sick of this being used as an excuse. I see where people are coming from when they use this line of argument but to me, it just doesn't excuse all the glaring points where the narratives just end out of nowhere. Even if we accept that V, on a personal...
  13. V_for_Valerie

Glad somebody brought this up, actually. I assumed that everyone had forgotten that BO3 existed. CP2077's story is actually very similar to BO3's (dealing with neural augmentation, digital consciousness, sharing a mind with another person, and ultimately death), so much so that I wonder whether...
  14. V_for_Valerie

Admittedly, there are several points in the game that feel like the dungeon master is telling you "No, you can't do that, do this instead"
  15. V_for_Valerie

Eh, even the "real" ending of Blade Runner ends on a hopeful note. It's really not that dark, just less corny than the theatrical ending. It is interesting how many different takes and interpretations that CP2077 has generated though, many of them completely contrary to one another. I'm still...
  16. V_for_Valerie

I think this is mostly just a byproduct of bad narrative design more than anything. If you break it down, V does actually have the power to influence the fate of most the characters they encounter, and can have a pretty massive influence on Night City itself. The problem is that the game doesn't...
  17. V_for_Valerie

Respectfully disagree with this interpretation. Compare CP2077's epilogue sequence to any other RPG, like Dragon Age or Fallout: NV. DA and F:NV have extensive exposition slides describing what happened to X character or Y place after the events of the game, giving a wider sense of how the...
  18. V_for_Valerie

Erm, yes there is a "V story". V's story is his/her struggle to survive. Yorinobu's story is his attempt to gain control of Arasaka. Alt's story is her desire to absorb Mikoshi. These are three seperate characters with three separate goals whose stories only become intertwined through...
  19. V_for_Valerie

You're deliberately making this more complicated than it needs to be. Again, there's no reason that the fate of any given character can't be explained in-lore without pointlessly tangling it up with V's story for the sake of it. What you propose - forcing Yorinobu and Alt to become relevant to...
  20. V_for_Valerie

I'm sorry, but why? Every character is part of the story. By this logic you'd have to play catch-up with literally everyone that V encounters in the main quest. Alt stopped sharing any connection to V after Mikoshi. Narrative convention dictates that once a character has outlived their role...
Top Bottom