Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines...and a sequel?!

+

• Total voters

Right. Somehow there isn't a thread for this here, in OT Purgatory (the colour scheme..so..bland....mind....NO. FOCUS SARD) that I could find, THUS I AM FORCED TO CREATE ONE.

As everyone knows, VTMB is one of my favourite games. Given that I have a -lot- of those, let's say it's tied for first with such joys as Fallout 2, PST, Witcher 3, Jedi Knight, WoW, DX and the half dozen others I'm not bothered to mention. I play it at least once every year, just like the amount of days Dragon goes without eating someone.

SO. I like it a lot. And so do you. The poll is no accident. My mind can't even encapsulate people that dislike VTMB, bugs aside. I don't understand your words or, really, see you as people. Those of you who love it more than I do have probably died from joy. You lucky bastards.

So Paradox bought the World of Darkness and have been pretty mum on the subject. But now, NOW...

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/take-our-rpg-survey.962385/

Yes indeed! A survey! TO THE HORSES! WE HAVE GOOD GAMING TO HELP WITH, MINIONS!

Last edited:
Does that survey mention Vampire the Masquerade?

Ah, I see they do ask a bunch of questions about Bloodlines. I hope it's an indication that they have some new plans.

Last edited:
a sequel!? yes! finally! love this game, it has soo many bugs and techniacl problmes that needed to be feixed by normal people, but i love it
hope the sequel has multi language subtitles

Last edited:
Even though the question has been dodged repeatedly and a sequel or something else related to Bloodlines isn't confirmed yet, I'm tempted to bet my ass on the super-secret mystery Unreal 4 project Tim Cain and the recently recruited Leonard Boyarsky are attached to over at Obsidian HQ to be exactly that.

Especially with statements like

We're not working on a Fallout.
when asked what the project is about or

We have Tim Cain working for us and Leonard Boyarsky has come to work for us recently. So I let people put two and two together.
when asked what else unnanounced Obsidian is having in the pipeline besides PoE II.

• RED Point
Reactions: 227
The gameplay is awful. Not Torment awful, but still pretty fucking bad. Which means, I will now plug this game:

In short: gameplay has to match lore and story.

Forum veteran

Thanks for the nightmare fuel, Bella Sard.

And ugh, survey. I'll do it, but I miss the days when people just made awesome things without needing to first probe the entire internet like some kind of methed up alien. The constant mentions of "the community" and "avoiding the main story" are a little worrying, too. A social-enhanced open-world bloatfest couldn't possibly live up to the original.

"Vampyr" looks too serious for its own good. The thing that made Bloodlines great was its sense of humor. Playing as a batshit crazy Malkavian is still one of the most satisfying role-playing experiences that I have had to date. And hooking up with Jeanette? That was truly a match made in Hell.

Bloodlines drew upon Vampire: The Masquerade / WOD, which already had a lot of lore including said humor and craziness aspects. Characters like Beckett were well written before the game was made. It makes the story writing easier in a sense, and result is still very satisfying. Can't say anything about Vampyre - the trailer doesn't show much really. But working out something as elaborate as VtM is not easy.

Last edited:
I play it at least once every week, just like the amount of days Dragon goes without eating someone.

ftfy

And I'd prefer them to redo VTMB, with the bugs removed. Then I may remove it from the list of games that @Sardukhar likes and I don't.
And THEN they can do a sequel.
Oh, and if Obsidian isn't keen, I'd like Square Enix to make it. They're great with reboots.
:troll:

Oh, and if Obsidian isn't keen, I'd like Square Enix to make it. They're great with reboots.

Square Enix are too DRM ridden. Better not to bother asking them to make anything, ruining something like Bloodlines remake or sequel like that would be a shame.

Last edited:
Err... That Paradox survey is not really about Vampire The Masquerade. Unless I read (and filled out) a different survey, it was about Paradox gathering info on what people consider positive game elements that contribute to replayability, and indirectly what makes a cRPG "good" (and replayable). I like that they had many options to choose truly important things like "writing", "branching questlines", etc.

The only place where they mentioned VtM was alongside other games, including Baldur's Gate II, Pillars of Eternity, Fallout New Vegas, Dishonored and Mass Effect 2. The point was to answer for each game, which elements made it "replayable" if any. I am not going to complain about Dishonored and ME2 not being actual cRPG's because it actually made sense to have those there, as a way to separate the actual elements that make these games and RPG's different. For example, replaying game X to complete a list of achievements vs. completing game Y because the story is satisfying and it offers actual game changing options.

@volsung The thing is though that they recently bought the rights to the White Wolf universe (and hence, the future Vampire games) AND they are asking questions about RPGs. Sooo, the fact that they are also asking questions about VtM:B fills one with - not SO meaningless - hope ;)

@volsung The thing is though that they recently bought the rights to the White Wolf universe (and hence, the future Vampire games) AND they are asking questions about RPGs. Sooo, the fact that they are also asking questions about VtM:B fills one with - not SO meaningless - hope ;)

I see. In that case I'd like some future VtM game to be some kind of mix between Pillars of Eternity and Fallout: New Vegas.

Started this game today and just finished with tutorials :D

Didn't vote yet, but already loving the music. Confused with controls... Everything... If I don't die because of joy, I'll return here and vote! But now excuse me, I'll have to return to my Nosferatu and think where to put my first ability points!

Downloaded from GOG and this says Unofficial Patch 9,5 Basic if that answers to your question :D

Yes, that's good. GOG partnered with Weps5, one of the outstanding modders of Bloodlines who still provides updates to community patches for the game which fix multitude of bugs in it. GOG version includes his basic patch. You can also enable patch+ which restores certain cut content, and adds some other features. I personally prefer to play with patch+.

---------- Updated at 11:25 AM ----------

The latest is 9.6 by the way, I guess GOG didn't catch up yet: http://patches-scrolls.de/patch/4647/7/73724

Fun game so far :p I just arrived to Downtown after clearing everything I could find from the first area. So far it seems that I'm going to have to play this game more than once...

Top Bottom