Express yourself

+
Express yourself

This board is growing and sometimes you would like to know about the person who is writing sane and smart postings. Here you have the opportunity to learn about other forum members. When this thread gathers lots of portraits I will collect them for overview in a seperate thread.As this comes out of my head it's my turn to start... ;D
  • Firstname in RL : Biggie
  • Birthday : 13th Oct 1961
  • Family status : single again
  • job / education / school: staff writer at http://www.ingame.de/index.php (RPG) =on strike=
  • dream job: editorial journalist gamer online portal
  • Hobbies: gaming, reading, story writing, rock music, get excercises (... if I don't find a lazy excuse to stay at home)
  • Things you hate in RL: untidiness (hate to search for things), poeple who talk too much, poeple who don't keep promises
  • If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: watering can because flowers and plants need water to grow, I love when nature grows and everything is in full blossom
  • Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): Stephen King
  • If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: buy an old stronghold, renovate it and settle down there (we have a few in Germany)
  • Why do you love The Witcher: Because I'm sick of perfect world fantasy fairytales with clichee characters. And: Geralt is hot
  • Favorite character in TW (max 2) : Geralt and Kalkstein
  • If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: Nigthwraith, Fleder or Garkin because I'd like to scare poeple at nights

You know, I have lots of work to do, deadlines and all...and yet, I can't miss an opportunity to screw around a wee bit more, now can I? Would you mind if I use your list?
  • Firstname in RL : Tomek
  • Birthday : nah, that I won’t tell (don’t get me wrong, I’m 22, It’s just my birthday is, emm, soon and I don’t want to make a fuss about it.
  • Family status : single
  • job / education / school: Polish-English translator, web designer, combat system instructor (suspended due to injury)
  • dream job: dunno, I like what I do.
  • Hobbies: learning languages, gaming, reading, martial arts, chivalry (I used to be a knight, believe it or not)
  • Things you hate in RL: People who think they are superior to other people.
  • If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: I have no idea, honestly
  • Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): H.R. Giger, Haim Gideon, Stephen King (just a few names off the top of my head)
  • If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: To be hones, I really don’t care about money. Never even considered having such an amount. Well, I still have to forge myself a blade and that can be quite expensive.
  • Why do you love The Witcher: The world, it’s so filthy, violent, corrupted, wrong, sad, and thus, so friggin real…
  • Favorite character in TW (max 2) : Regis, Bonhart (These two are from the saga not the game)
  • If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: I would be…me! I wonder which sword would Geralt use on me.
regards,Vladerik

• Firstname in RL : not divulging that :)
  • Birthday : August 1964
  • Family status : married, 18 years +
  • job / education / school: professional librarian ... taking an unofficial sabbatical ;)
  • dream job: retirement (currently practicing to get the hang of things)
  • Hobbies: the Witcher, karate, music, gardening and reading
  • Things you hate in RL: people who take up the whole sidewalk (leave the right of way clear people!!!), studipdity (there are too many kinds to be specific)
  • If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: the nastiest looking one
  • Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): i never want to meet anyone famous IRL -- what the heck would i say ???
  • If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: help petra with her stronghold in germany, or perhaps i could convince her to check out property in the UK ?
  • Why do you love The Witcher: great story, which lead to more great stories (books) and of course, Geralt and Yaevinn are very hot ;D
  • Favorite character in TW (max 2) : Geralt and Yaevinn (but 2 is too few!!!)
  • If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: LOVE Vladerik's answer :) -- but I guess i would be a bruxa, too vain to settle for less !

# Firstname in RL : Errr. secret, that.# Birthday : October 1955.# Family status : Married, then divorced, then single, then married, then separated, then single, then living with girlfriend... next, who knows?# job / education / school: Conjourer of daemons. Oh, all right, software engineer. What's the difference?# dream job: Story teller.# Hobbies: Software, cycling, forestry, story telling.# Things you hate in RL: Needless unkindness.# If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: A billhook. Sharp, adaptable, and much more dangerous than it looks.# Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): I plead the fifth.# If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: The castle idea isn't bad, but what I'd probably do is set up a game software company.# Why do you love The Witcher: Excellent story telling# Favorite character in TW (max 2) : (i) The Resolute Girl; (ii) The Resolute Girl. And if I was allowed a third, it would be (iii) The Resolute Girl.# If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: what's a monster? Probably de Aldersberg - because then I could prevent a huge disaster just by sitting in the corner of a bar and telling stories for the rest of my life.

# Firstname in RL : Karma 'on-line'# Birthday : 30:03:1976# Family status : Married + 2 children# job / education / school: University graduate # dream job: Explorer of distant lands or oily boy in a bikini contest ;) # Hobbies: Gaming and more gaming, I teach boxer size two nights a week, photography and image manipulation e.g Photoshop or PSP8# Things you hate in RL: People who think games are just for children, politicians, and fat cat's who embezzle public founds, Oh and liver Errk # If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: Ermm a HO, you do the math LOL# Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): Jessica Alba# If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: Invest and live off the interest.# Why do you love The Witcher: Because it's my kind of non fluffy, no bars held kind of game.# Favorite character in TW (max 2) : Geralt# If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: Wild Hunt, because little is known about him.

• Firstname in RL : Christian
  • Birthday : 29 July 1971
  • Family status : Engaged 3 kids (15, 12 and 7)
  • job / education / school: Electronic technician in the canadian army
  • dream job: Game programming and technical support (freelancer)
  • Hobbies: gaming, fixing computer, learning to code...
  • Things you hate in RL: Anything that keeps me away from my Hobbies
  • If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: A rake.... dont know why tho, i simply love rakes :)
  • Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): CDPR team :) They did such a good work :)
  • If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: Buy a new latop, mine is too weak now... would also get an office with huge monitor and servers etc... The perfect gamer/programmer kit :)
  • Why do you love The Witcher: It's community.... I really love everyone here :) I feel like home.... And for my pimp too... Eriash, he is a nice guy :p
  • Favorite character in TW (max 2) : Geralt and Triss
  • If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: A drowner... i love to be annoying !

I've enjoyed reading other people's answers, so I guess I'll give my own.
  • Firstname in RL : My first name is Cory, and my middle name is Lea; I guess you can tell that my life is a deep, dark secret. :)
  • Birthday : March, 1958
  • Family status : Married to a wonderful man; we've been together for 22 years. It's an open marriage, so I have some additional quasi-family folks.
  • Job / education / school: I was a professor of Social Psychology for awhile, then I was a therapist for awhile; I guess I'm currently out on sick leave.
  • Dream job: That's hard, because I think everything is interesting for a little while, but few things are interesting forever. I think I might enjoy being a sexuality educator for Planned Parenthood or a therapist at a place like MIT (Speaker to Geeks*).
  • Hobbies: Relationships are probably my principal hobby. I also like reading, gaming, and walking in the woods.
  • Things you hate in RL: Racism, sexism, homophobia, ageism, and all their nasty brethren
  • If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: Probably a plow, because I love digging things up in an attempt to make the ground more fertile (therapy metaphor :) )
  • Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): Robert Heinlein -- I want to thank him for saving my life. (Yes, I know he's dead. I figure meeting any celebrity is so improbable that it isn't all THAT much more improbable to want to meet a dead one.)
  • If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: A million doesn't go all that far these days, so I don't think I can buy a stronghold, like Petra. Hmm. Maybe world travel -- I could do The Witcher World Tour: go to Poland and look at the land of The Witcher, to Germany to visit Nimue, to Scotland to visit Simon, to Virginia to visit Trughbull.... :)
  • Why do you love The Witcher: Great story-telling, real-world problems (see "Things you hate"), gorgeously acrobatic fighting, don't have to even consider level grinding or searching endlessly for loot
  • Favorite character in TW (max 2) : Besides Geralt? Kalkstein and Zoltan
  • If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: Hmm, that's a toughie. I'd love to be a werewolf, if it weren't for the eventually losing one's humanity part, but then, if it weren't for that part, it wouldn't count as a monster. I guess I'd like to be a NEW monster, something Geralt has never seen before, so that he'd have to really sweat to kill me. No, wait, I'd like to be one of the vampires in the Trade District, because (at least as I play), she gets to have sex with Geralt. :)
*And I hope somebody catches the Larry Niven reference. *smile*

# Firstname in RL : Ajia, Aj for short# Birthday : 1965 # Family status : single, # job / education / school: Caretaker, Military school, 8 years Aus Army (medical discharge) apparently insane # dream job: number 1 hitman # Hobbies: gaming, guitar, mechanics, # Things you hate in RL: government people and there counter parts# If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: rotary ho, has speed and attack points of 70# Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): Eliza Dushku, # If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: Build an extra room# Why do you love The Witcher: I can kill things with out being prosecuted # Favorite character in TW (max 2) : Seigfreid and trss# If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: werewolf, I love the taste of salt and the smell of blood its rich, has antioxidants

Ooooh.. I love this stuff!
  • Firstname in RL : See forum name (not really, but close enough. It's a RL nickname too)
  • Birthday : 1976 (that's enough)
  • Family status :Hell - male, gaming, roaming gaming boards... what do you think?
  • job / education / school: Graphics stuff, mainly photo retouching.
  • dream job: something else... hmm.. none? Professional gamer? Actually, game design comes to mind, but I'm even too stupid to use the Djinny
  • Hobbies: gaming's actually not the first, but most time consuming. But there's no higher art than music, and reading is quite okay too.
  • Things you hate in RL: Dumbness, rudeness. Being forced to arrive in time.
  • If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: eh... what? Something that's lying around somewhere enjoying not being used...
  • Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): God, Jesus Christ or anything I need a proof for. Emma Peel too. And an elf.
  • If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: buy a better stereo, a wife and a kid too (just to show off), and feed some nepalese children or such...
  • Why do you love The Witcher: Because I'm sick of perfect world fantasy fairytales with clichee characters. (thanks Petra, you said it for me).
  • Favorite character in TW (max 2) : The resolute girl and... hmm... Abigail?
  • If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: a Bruxa or Dryad (if I get a mirror too). Or one of those funny little folks, forgot their name... but they seemed to be on good drugs.

Firstname in RL: Anna# Birthday : 9 May 1976# Family status : married# job / education / school: potter (or artist of ceramics, if you like! ;D I love my job, but unfortunately i don't do it).# dream job: dancer :'(# Hobbies: reading and learning new things, gaming, practicing with a sword, modern and jazz dance, and yoga. (Don't get me wrong, move it's the way i can most express myself, nothing more. I usually am too shy to say all these things about me).# Things you hate in RL: humans' stupidity and cruelty, and unjustice. I can't stand these things.# If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: a hoe, because i like do and say things straight, as it is. With a hoe, you simply strike the soil, but without do any harm.# Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): Gambriel Garcia Marquess.# If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: buy a building so i could rent it and live with those money.# Why do you love The Witcher: because,, finally, someone wrote a story with philosophical mood without talking about god! Also i like strange, dark figures for heroes, and the humor.# Favorite character in TW (max 2) : Geralt and Kalkstein# If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: Bruxa. A female strong vampire.

# Firstname in RL: Edwin# Birthday: 13 March 1981# Family status: single# job / education / school: Student at the Department of Communication of the Noordelijke Hogeschool Leeuwarden# dream job: an own communication company# Hobbies: gaming, music listening, repair computers# Things you hate in RL: cheating/lying, gossip about someone behind the back, people who don't show respect # If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: probably a spade, because with a spade you can bury things or dig a hole to plant new things. just like you do with your own life.# Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): Ferry Corsten. i saw him a couple of times at some events, but then only from a distance. # If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: buy an own house, some new things (like computer and such), fetch a driver license (don't have any yet), go on vacation and the rest is then reserve. # Why do you love The Witcher: because it has a great story, it's something different then some other games and i like also the several endings it has# Favorite character in TW (max 2) : Geralt (because of the dry humour he has) and Zoltan Chivay# If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: a Wyvern. having my own island and you can fly. also scaring the brickmakers a bit then.

Okay, I'll bite:
  • Firstname in RL : Roxy
  • Birthday : April '62
  • Family status : Married
  • job / education / school: University graduate
  • dream job: Deity
  • Hobbies: Sailing, camping, true RPGs, literacy
  • Things you hate in RL: Phony people, war, cruelty to others, trolls
  • If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: Seeder; sow the seeds and reap the rewards
  • Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): Imogen Stubbs
  • If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: Buy a schooner to live on, and sail the world freely
  • Why do you love The Witcher: Well made 'dark' RPG, and the care given to its creation
  • Favorite character in TW (max 2) : Geralt. We have some things in common
  • If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: Noonwraith. Just because. :dead:
~ Roxy

Hello, all! I've just discovered "The Witcher" courtesy of stumbling on Vader's video for "Sword of the Witcher" on YouTube and am eagerly hunting down the English language translation of "The Last Wish" so I can learn more of this new world. I may well add my own fan fiction to the board, too...I'm looking forward to this--too bad they don't have a version of the game that's Linux friendly since I run that OS. :'(A little about me: I am 38 going on 39, live in Houston, TX (USA), have been a diehard headbanger for nearly 25 years and love metal in all its forms (but especially the really heavy stuff--I cut my teeth on the likes of Slayer, Celtic Frost, Voi Vod, and lots of others in the 80s) and love newer bands like Behemoth (whom I am proud to call my good buddies) as well. I play guitar and bass pretty well, love to read and write (both fiction and poetry), am planning to upgrade to a PlayStation 3 soon (I play video games, did I mention), am a student aiming for a history degree (specializing in the Dark Ages & Medieval eras), Some of my favorite authors: Robert E. Howard, Michael Moorcock, Sara Douglass, Michael Slade. I especially prefer fantasy and horror fiction, of course. I am divorced and happier for it and live on my own, and have a lovely girlfriend who has the sweetest little daughter ever--they both enrich my life greatly. Hope this is a good introduction, go ahead and email/post to ask any questions of me you like. Thanks, all!

KamenRiderNecro said:
Hello, all! I've just discovered "The Witcher" courtesy of stumbling on Vader's video for "Sword of the Witcher" on YouTube and am eagerly hunting down the English language translation of "The Last Wish" so I can learn more of this new world. I may well add my own fan fiction to the board, too...I'm looking forward to this--too bad they don't have a version of the game that's Linux friendly since I run that OS. :'(A little about me: I am 38 going on 39, live in Houston, TX (USA), have been a diehard headbanger for nearly 25 years and love metal in all its forms (but especially the really heavy stuff--I cut my teeth on the likes of Slayer, Celtic Frost, Voi Vod, and lots of others in the 80s) and love newer bands like Behemoth (whom I am proud to call my good buddies) as well. I play guitar and bass pretty well, love to read and write (both fiction and poetry), am planning to upgrade to a PlayStation 3 soon (I play video games, did I mention), am a student aiming for a history degree (specializing in the Dark Ages & Medieval eras), Some of my favorite authors: Robert E. Howard, Michael Moorcock, Sara Douglass, Michael Slade. I especially prefer fantasy and horror fiction, of course. I am divorced and happier for it and live on my own, and have a lovely girlfriend who has the sweetest little daughter ever--they both enrich my life greatly. Hope this is a good introduction, go ahead and email/post to ask any questions of me you like. Thanks, all!
People have got the game running OK under Wine - Licaon_Kter is the expert. Either search the forum 'till you find the right thread, or PM him.

Firstname in RL: Sunshine (at least for the last 20 years or so)Birthday: October 1968 (see, almost old enough for the over 40 thread)Family status: Marriedjob / education / school: Metal artist/business owner - Involves everything from handcrafing my chainmail and jewelry designs to PHP programming my siteDream job: Doing it :)Hobbies: RPGs, reading, hanging out with friendsThings you hate in RL: Being unable to be active or go places since an injury If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: No idea, sorryWho do you wish to meet once in life (RL): Not much interest in meeting well known strangers, if anything I'd have to copy Corylea's answer and say Robert HeinleinIf you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: Perhaps a personal jet as that might actually allow me to travel again. Why do you love The Witcher: It's fun, dark and amusing in a twisted sort of wayFavorite character in TW (max 2): Geralt and Zoltan If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: Bruxa. I thought the girls in the House of the Night had a pretty nice setup there

Here I go!Firstname in RL : Due to the fact that I don't go by it I'll post it: NiklaasBirthday : 16th November 1990Family status : Single/brother/sonjob / education / school: Currently attending my Senior year in Highschool, addtionally, I am A+ Certified.dream job: ???Hobbies: gaming, reading, story writing, listing to music, chilling, sometimes HistoryThings you hate in RL: I doubt that I actually hat things, I despise some or detest them :DIf you were a gardening tool, which one and why: None, I do not like gardens...Who do you wish to meet once in life (RL): After thinking for a while, nobody.If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: I love Petra Silies idea, however my first thing to do would be inserting zoom and nightsight into my glasses ;DWhy do you love The Witcher: Brilliant Story, realistic World, good Features, Nice Combat, interesting Hero and last but not least: The choices!Favorite character in TW (max 2) : The Professor and Geralt (in this order)If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: Of the avaible ones from the Game probaly a Werewolf, due to the fact that they still remain somewhat Human.Edit: Slightly updated.

first name in RL won't say it. but ı'll give a clue: it means sea in turkish.birthday 27/10/19xy family status: singlejob /education: i haven't finished the university yetdream job : don't knowhobbies: gaming ,reading(when i find something worhy of reading), going to sports center, eating chocalate ,etc.things you hate in real life: people whose charecteristics are very similiar to mine ( i want to be unique luckily i don't know these kind of people) people who expects you to do something which is a thing they won't do if they were you.people saying youthings which'll upset you but expecting you nt to upset/ be angry to these words but be upset / angry when you say that thing to them.if you were a gardening tool ,which one and why : i'll prefer being garden itselfif you have 1,000,000 euro/dollar7your currencey what wuld you do donate %70 of it to a charity which will help the environment.or hire a plane fly upon a crowded city and throw %40 of it out of the plane. or recycle %10 of it for fun.why do you love the witcher because of sword fighting styles depth of it's story end of story and iT'S nearly the same as real life.who do you wish to meet once in real life: myself ;D i won't meet myself again after that favourite character in the tw:eek:ther than the witchers dandelion and zoltanif you could be a monster in tw, which one and why: witchman/witcher a geralt vs geralt fight would be awesoıme(geralt's picture takes place in witchman entry in the bestiary.)

first name in RL: Michaelbirthday : 21.10.68family status : married 3 children (aged 9,6 + 3)job: Veterinariandream job : I made ithobbies : role playing, table tennisthings you hate in RL : unreliabilityif you were a gardening tool : chair at the pond, cause I like the silence and watching dragonfliesif you have 1.000.000 : I don't really want towhy do you love the witcher : I like the chance of choosing and i love the atmospherewho do you wish tu meet in RL : George W. Bush to tell him what I think of himfavorite character in TW : Shani + Thalerif you could be a monster in TW, which one and why : a wolf cause I love their intelligence

Firstname in RL : I don't use my first (Carla, ew), I use my second, Diana, which is where Didi comes fromBirthday : Oct 5th 1977Family status : marriedjob / education / school: Portuguese/English interpreter and translator, managing editor/PR/writer at Grrlgamer.comdream job: exactly what I do at Grrlgamer, only with a monthly paycheck ;)Hobbies: videogames, movies, reading, writing, drawing (even if I haven't done it in a long time), cats, knitting, bakingThings you hate in RL: celebrities who use scandals for their own publicity, hip-hop, noisy children, dogs that won't stop barking, rude people, drivers who can't respect rules, crying babies, any kind of noise when I'm trying to sleep (I'm a very light sleeper), 15 minute commercial breaks when I'm watching TV, people who won't shut up in the movie theatre, extreme Canadian weather, people who think they are always right even if they aren't, the whole cell-phone trend, people who impose their political or religious views on others and don't respect yours, people who are always late, don't abide to deadlines or leave everything for the last minute, Windows Vista, power outages, drunk people... Can I stop now? Cause I'll be here all day hating everything.If you were a gardening tool, which one and why: a ho, cause she's a slut? LOL I have no idea, probably a hose to tangle myself around people's feetWho do you wish to meet once in life (RL): A real person or a fictional one? Hm... I don't know...If you have 1.000.000 Euro/Dollar/your currency, what would you do with it: To quote Office Space, "two chicks at the same time". LOL No, seriously, I'd get a decent house, furnish it the way I like and have a whole room dedicated to showing off the gaming stuff we have, go to Italy and Japan, donate to an animal shelter.Why do you love The Witcher: It has a great story, plenty of choices, strong characters, fantastic music, it made me jump on occasion (stupid centipedes), some of the dialogs made me laugh out loud, and I really like the skill tree for character customizationFavorite character in TW (max 2) : Geralt, Lady in the Lake (she has some cool lines)If you could be a monster in TW, which one and why: one of the vampires in the House of the Night, I have a thing for vampires.

Top Bottom