(unofficial) Cyberpunk 2077 FAQ. Frequently Asked Quandaries.

+
I'd like them to plan a little more than that, just to make sure that, if it does turn into a trilogy where each is a direct sequel of the previous one, choices can be carried-forward into the next game. But I'd also agree that they shouldn't plan too far, I'd hate them to end up cutting content from Part I just so they could put it in Part II. :)
I agree that some events should carry over, and I'd be perfectly content to wind up Part I with a pretty competent reasonably equipped character, Part II with a damn good one with a equally good gear, Part III with a Cyberpunk street legend (Johnny, Alt, etc.). There's no need and no reason a character has to make buckets of IP in Part I then start over as a dweeb in II, and again as rat catcher in III.

I have no clue how many installments of CP2077 CDPR has in mind, only a gut feeling they plan more then one. And I'd prefer the "campaign" revolve around a single character not one each game ... or one that magically turns into an unskilled punk with a dull butter knife between installments.

what will be the playable character? i don't want to play neither as a cop nor as a special agent nor as a detective, i'd like to play as an outlaw or something similar, outside of the society

what will be the playable character? i don't want to play neither as a cop nor as a special agent nor as a detective, i'd like to play as an outlaw or something similar, outside of the society
No clue lol. Only thing we know about story is that it's a "rise to power" story, and you're not saving the world. Cop is one of the Cyberpunk classes though, so it might be an option. Frankly though, I think Solo or Nomad would be both better fits. It depends on if we're going to get to class choice.

Some sort of police/detective will probably be an option but I expect CP2077 to be more about some street punk stumbling (or being dragged into) something they just can't ignore. Well, you can always ignore the main plot in an RPG. But it usually makes for a rather poor gaming experience unless it's one of the many shooters masquerading as an RPG in which case the main plot revolves around "kill stuff".

the city ios called "Night City" but will this game ha ve day-night cycle? or is it alwats night time? i don't like the idea of being always in darkness

Last edited:
the coty ios called "Night City" but will this game ha ve day-night cycle? or is it alwats night time? i don't like the idea of being always in darkness
This isn't a vampire game so it'll have a day-night cycle I'm sure.

The ONLY reason it's called Night City is because it was envisioned/built by a guy named "Night".

Speaking about the Roles you might possibly, or possibly not, be able to choice for your character.

Having choicen for example a Cop does not neccessarily mean that your actually working as a Cop at the start of the game. Currently, and for the most parts, I would only asume that the Role you choice at the start of the game represents what your training was, and what you in the past (possibly up until a short time befor the start of the game) used to work as.

And with that in mind, the idea of that this game might be a "Rise to power" type of a story can still fit any Role you choice... all that would have to happend really is that, some time befor the actual start of the game, your character was either fired, thrown in jail, was so injured they had to lay in hospital for a long time (possibly in a coma), was left for dead somewhere and/or thought to be dead, or any other reasons as to why your character no longer actually works as their choicen Role.

Of course... they might go with the route of you actually working as your choicen Role at the start. If so though that could potentually be a pretty massive undertaking. Depends on if they intends to have a specific start, andr potentually continued gameplay, for each Role... or if no matter the Role you choice your start will always be the same. But then again, this could be true as well even if they went with the idea of that your character was fired or something from their choicen Roles work.

But then again, this could be true as well even if they went with the idea of that your character was fired or something from their choicen Roles work.
How does one get fired from being a street hustler, i.e. Fixer?
Guess that's an "or simething" ;)

I would only asume that the Role you choice at the start of the game represents what your training was, and what you in the past (possibly up until a short time befor the start of the game) used to work as.

That's how I interpret it. The character build (skills, stats, career, lifepath...) is a reflection of what the character has and hasn't done in the past, what he has grown into before the game starts.

How does one get fired from being a street hustler, i.e. Fixer?
Guess that's an "or simething" ;)

Yeah... "or something" would fit there. XD

But if you are run off by other street hustlers from the area you opperated in, then you are technically "fired" though... just not in any kind of an "official/governmental" maner. XD

For a fixer that could be one of their "fired" things really... that your entire gang got jumped and taken out by another street gang who you had never heard of befor, and you are the only one left who managed to get out alive. And then the start of your mission string is that you intend to take some kind of revenge on the other street gang who did it.

But as you go along you manage to find info somewhere which makes you realize that this particular gang is funded by some kind of corporate company, and not only that... the people in the "street gang" who took yours out... well, they are in fact not a "real" street gang, but consists of highly trained mercenaries who got hired to act as a street gang and take over this area by getting rid of your gang, so this corporation could work unhindered in your area with what ever it is they want from that area. And clearly... getting revenge on this "street gang" is maybe not the easiest due to that... both because the entire "gang" is made up of highly trained mercenaries, you are good at combat (or not), but not THAT good... and even though they where the ones who killed your guys they where not the ones who ordered the hit on your gang... so even though you want to kill these mercenaries for what they did, you realize that this corporation will only hire more merc's to replace the ones who died, so you have to aim much higher to get rid of this "gang" from your area, and to get rid of this companies wishes to opperate in your area as well.

"Or something" like that... XD

Last edited:

You Will play as a psycho squad member (and probably your name will be J.hammerman)

---------- Updated at 08:27 AM ----------

the city ios called "Night City" but will this game ha ve day-night cycle? or is it alwats night time? i don't like the idea of being always in darkness

According to the Cyberpunk2020 core manual : "it's always dark and rainy in the Night chity (then it says a bounch of stuff about global warming and people beaing mean) you can never see the day,at daytime there is always a raining cloud darkening the entire sky"

According to the Cyberpunk2020 core manual : "it's always dark and rainy in the Night chity (then it says a bounch of stuff about global warming and people beaing mean) you can never see the day,at daytime there is always a raining cloud darkening the entire sky"
Doesn't make any excuses to not including day/night cycle, since the game will feature a coast which shouldn't have this weather problem.

Doesn't make any excuses to not including day/night cycle, since the game will feature a coast which shouldn't have this weather problem.

Night city is located on or near the United state's west coast. so Yes there is a Coast.

i don't have any kind of major knowledge about weather and water cycle. but i am pretty sure that CD Projekt Rred will make the city like this in order to Build up to the atmosphere in CyberPunk2020.

(i mean i'd love to see day in the game the city would look beautiful with Cd Projekt Red's hand in graphic design,but you know,Atmosphere)

Last edited:
Night City is supposedly south of San Francisco. The summers are pretty nice but winter tends to be cool and damp.

Im dying to see some new information to release about this game atleast a picture or something. Any new updates from the community?

spla200;n7690600 said:
Im dying to see some new information to release about this game atleast a picture or something. Any new updates from the community?
New to CDPR's methods are we ;)
I wouldn't expect to see or hear a thing until fall 2017 at the soonest.

I dont know where else to ask this. But Ive been wondering as to how important Empathy would be to a Media. I mean, while they do need charm to sway the viewers, there is also a lot of chrome (like cyberaudio) that would help them snoop better.

Rather depends on the Media's specialty I'd say. Are they a tech/science reporter or a human interview type?

Suhiira;n7712040 said:
Rather depends on the Media's specialty I'd say. Are they a tech/science reporter or a human interview type?

Balls Of Titanium, breaking and entering for THE TRUTH type as described in the corebook.

Top Bottom