Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sardukhar;n7550100 said:
https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/821442677795418113

Gameplay designer job open. Also a post for an animator.

They should really hire as best they can find here, and offer them king's ransom as salary. ( Slavic language is very hard to learn for newcomers). See it as future investment as their own people will learn from them as well. CDPR technical apect of game design lags behind others...understandable for a young company. Improve on that and you have nothing to worry about.
I think Guerilla Cambridge recently was shut down. They're veterans of the industry and have a pretty good rep for game mechanics and design.

Zagor-Te-Nay;n7552050 said:
CDPR technical apect of game design lags behind others...understandable for a young company. Improve on that and you have nothing to worry about.

If technical aspect lack, they need programmers, they need improve engine animation system, input lag system, camera system etc, but im hopeful because Witcher 3 was first open world in RED Engine which was rushed for Witcher 3 right now they have much more time to improve some important features. Witcher 3 "gameplay" lacking mostly imho in technical-engine aspect, design wise i dont think they could do much more without breaking tight witcher lore, some thing design-wise they streamlined for massive audience compared to Witcher 1 ofc and some things they just didnt know how to "bite" because lack of experience, like balance in open world, they did better job in expansions though.

Thankfully Cyberpunk giving much more creative freedom than Witcher series so yeah, will see.

Honestly, I hope they are able to release it in 2018 but then again, I tend to be of the mind they are probably well on their way to being done--only the stuff is being kept under lock and key.

kanonite;n7483690 said:
Found this on the Gwent page on GoG galaxy on a news post fromm 7 months ago. Thats one cyber lookin' bar.

There are two of those images going around for Gwent... the one you show... which looks like this in full. And then there is this one.

I don't know which one is the official one, or if both of them are, or if none of them are. So yeah... the second one is clearly lacking the Cyberpunk aspekt of the first one.

kofeiiniturpa;n7560530 said:
I can't tell what's "cyber" about it. Looks like a common roadside pub to me.

I think a lot of people instantly think "Neon light? Must be cyberpunk/sci-fi then!" XD

So when the picture was posted here I instantly saw why some might think it is a cyberpunk feeling image. Personally I need a bit more then that, for it to feel cyberpunk to me (like some actual sci-fi/cyberpunk'ish tech and what not)... but I can not deny that a lot of cyberpunk and other simmilar settings do tend to have a lot of neon lights in them. XD

The problem here is we're not doing a cyberpunk game, we're doing MIKE PONDSMITH'S CYBERPUNK game. This is a very SPECIFIC cyberpunk setting and not something which CD Projekt Red have unlimited creative freedom with, anymore than the Witcher.

Mike was huge in the 80s and really developed a lot of what we think of as "gaming" cyberpunk.

He went out of his way to replicate the Bubblegum Crissi anime+Bladerunner+Streets of Fire aesthetic.

Well... I don't know how true that is for Bubblegun Crisis... atleast not initially... maybe later, but not at first.

Since Cyberpunk (2013 as it is known as now), and Cyberpunk 2020 where both released befor Bubblegum Crisis was available to the American audience.

CP2013 was released in 88, so a year after Bubblegum Crisis came out in Japan. Where as CP2020 came out in 1990, 3 years after. Which makes it possible that Pondsmith got a hold of it befor he released his games... but ... Bubblegum Crisis was not available to the American audience untill 1991, when a subtitled version came out... in 94 they started making a dubbed version (which I do not know why anyone would subject oneself to the horrors of dubbed anime).

So the orginal concept for 2020 was most likely not Bubblegum Crisis... that would not have came untill a few years later in the additional sorcebooks which where released after either 1991'ish or 1994'ish (depending on when he actually first encountered it). I don't denie the connection between the two... just at what point the connection actually started.

And actually, the biggest connection I seem to see between Pondsmith and Bubblegum Crisis is that he was part of the making of the Bubblegum Crisis roleplaying game, which came out in 97... and that he (even though he does not seem to have been the main contributer here), and his companies pnp rpg for Bubblegum Crisis, influenced the actual lore of Bubblegum Crisis. Not so much about that this particular anime influenced his original vision of CP2013 and CP2020.

To me, Cyberpunk 2020 seems to borrow heavily from all over the spectrum of the genre, just not Bubblegum Crisis in particular.

I mean I've seen allusions to Neuromancer, Judge Dread, Ghost in the Shell, Hardwired, The Matrix, I think it's really broad in terms of influences.

Garrison72;n7598470 said:
I mean, are they basically just starting on this game?
Perhaps they started it once, stopped for coffee, looked at some of the expectations people have, then said, 'Well, back to the drawing board!'

Everytime I see their jobs apps, it's kinda depressing. I mean, are they basically just starting on this game?

http://en.cdprojektred.com/jobs/open-worl-designer-warsaw/

Few month before release they still recruited for Witcher 3, right now they are expanding, so it is not suprising. Good that they are focusing on open world design right now, not like with Witcher 3 few month before release when they rushed all the question marks at the end of production one or two month before locking content probably, big chunk was copy paste.

Everytime I see their jobs apps, it's kinda depressing. I mean, are they basically just starting on this game?

I was thinking the same until I just realized that maybe they're mostly using CP2077 as a "placeholder" to draw employee candidates' attention. We know they're planning on releasing another AAA game by 2021 but there's no job ads for that. And since CDPR has stated that they make story-driven (open world?) RPGs, it would make sense to label the open positions with their most current project that is due to release next.

Sneky;n7599710 said:
Few month before release they still recruited for Witcher 3
Did someone happen to note when they stopped recruiting for W3 and started labeling the open positions as CP2077 or GWENT? They seem to have a policy to state some project if it's not a "general position" (like HR).

yeah it makes me al ittle blue too...

but then i also think

1) they might hire for expansion a really good quality ones.

2) for major post release updates.

3) less intresting to me personally, but aspects of the online section of the game.

also i personally rejouice that they are hiring, it's mean they have the capacity to grow and expend and bring us more awesome gaming goodness.

and maybe as riven said, they reworking some stuff based on ideas from these forum, it's not likely at this point, but it is possible.

maybe they ar the grrm of gaming- they take a long time do deliver a high quality product, and i am good with it.

on a side note, they are relising the nilfggard update to gwent soon, so it's one step closer to full release, thus one step closer to the start of the cp77 marketing! i think... :)

Riven-Twain;n7598770 said:
Perhaps they started it once, stopped for coffee, looked at some of the expectations people have, then said, 'Well, back to the drawing board!'

Unlike Witcher, I've been very careful not to put forward too many expectations. That's likely one reason their communication on this project stopped. They don't want to 'set fans up' with stuff that won't be in the final game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom