a question regarding nano augmentation in cp77

+
Sardukhar;n8216340 said:
So saying, " this is how the future science will work" doesn't really work too well.

I like feels. Nanotech (limited) feels cyberpunk. Repairs damaged tissue, makes you stronger, lets you have clear skin!

Does not let you fly, regenerate limbs in ten minutes or change shape into a motorcycle.
Unfortunately ... well actually fortunately ... CP2077 in set 60 years in the future so by necessity it must project how future science will work.
Extrapolating within the bounds of real physics is one thing ... but as you say using nanotech to fly, regenerate, or transform is a bit "much".

I'd like there to be nanotechnology, but not as an excuse for magic as it sometimes is with most everything, including sometimes Deus Ex. If I have an infusion of nanomachines I want them to have somewhat believable effects: they may be little robotic surgeons that make sure we heal faster, either as platelets and white blood cell substitutes... an immune system on crack, or something that stimultates our nerves and muscles, etc. There isn't that much in my opinion that you can do with nanomachines, I just don't see how nanomachines inside you would create a flexible graphene armor around you or something like that.

Suhiira;n8218760 said:
Unfortunately ... well actually fortunately ... CP2077 in set 60 years in the future

Unfortunately.
I'm going to miss the feel and look of the 80's/90's style retro future. :(
Still hoping that since CDPR apparently bathes in money, they make or outsource and oldschool style CP2020 adaptation that still has that flare to it.

kofeiiniturpa;n8269970 said:
Unfortunately.
Still hoping that since CDPR apparently bathes in money, they make or outsource and oldschool style CP2020 adaptation that still has that flare to it.
The 80's weren't so bad.
But when I look at photos of myself from the 60's and 70's I wonder; "What the hell was I thinking!"

kofeiiniturpa;n8269970 said:
Unfortunately.

i get what you are saying but remember that this is 2077. 50 years can change a lot, see 40 vs 90. i belive that some of the spirit will remain. and some won't.

of topic a bit, the 90' were awesome. if i could go back in time, those were the years.

tropit9;n8271610 said:
i get what you are saying but remember that this is 2077. 50 years can change a lot, see 40 vs 90. i belive that some of the spirit will remain. and some won't.

There was a major Crash. Tech and society went splat for quite a few years after the last Corporate War and Rache screwing everyone over. That's why 2077 is supposed to still feel like Cyberpunk 2020 with some updated gear. What that'll mean, we aren't sure, but the devs are huge fans of the original PnP game.

Sardukhar;n8272200 said:
There was a major Crash. Tech and society went splat for quite a few years after the last Corporate War and Rache screwing everyone over. That's why 2077 is supposed to still feel like Cyberpunk 2020 with some updated gear. What that'll mean, we aren't sure, but the devs are huge fans of the original PnP game.

who the feck is rache? is that the supream leader of the night city or somthing? also

"do to mega zaibatsu x aquiring zaibatsu y, technology of augmantations made a major leap, in durabilry, quality, and especialy in price"

or this is source material you are writing about?

No Title

Tormentfan;n8206940 said:
Is Nanotech actually 'Cyberpunk'' though?

Depends... I mean we could argue that this would be seen as Cyberpunk (especially if you don't know the game it is from)

And considering our dear friend the Illusive Man was made that way using Nanotech... Cyberpunk-y, yes?

Attachments

• photo125210.jpg
    photo125210.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 48
tropit9;n8273100 said:
who the feck is rache?
I know this 2 months old but...
One, Never...EEEEEEVVVVVVVEEERRRRRRRR insult Rache Bartmoss, if he don't get ya then Spider Murphy will.
Rache Bartmoss is 2 out of 12 men in the net that certain people would love to see dead..which finally happened at the end of the 4th Corp War when someone shot him with a Mass Driver Cannon...or rather shot at...though he still survives on the net when he uploaded his consciousness to it or that could have been retconned.
He is by the far the top guy in Night City and Cyberpunk 2020 when it comes to anything Net related, frack half the progs creeps use on the net were created by Rache and he was the lone nutcase that surfed the information wave when the entire internet was updated or replaced if you will to what it is in 2020. He'd make Batman cry with what he's pulled off in the net.

Bioware is very much a part of Cyberpunk 2020. There are several bioware parts in the core rulebook, including nanosurgeons, toxin binders and enhanced antibodies. They are, exactly, nanotechnology. Here's an excerpt from the core, page 85:

"Most bioware enhancements involve the use of nanotechnology; tiny machines the size of microbes, which can perform surgical tasks on the cellular level. These 'nanoids' are injected into the area to be affected, along with a supply of the raw materials needed to perform their jobs (for example, long string polymers which can be woven by the nanoids into a type of subdermal armor called skinweave.)"

So, yep. Nanotechnology is, and has always been in Cyberpunk 2020. No reason to think it wouldn't be in 2077.

Sydanyo;n8651210 said:
Bioware is very much a part of Cyberpunk 2020. There are several bioware parts in the core rulebook, including nanosurgeons, toxin binders and enhanced antibodies. They are, exactly, nanotechnology. Here's an excerpt from the core, page 85:

"Most bioware enhancements involve the use of nanotechnology; tiny machines the size of microbes, which can perform surgical tasks on the cellular level. These 'nanoids' are injected into the area to be affected, along with a supply of the raw materials needed to perform their jobs (for example, long string polymers which can be woven by the nanoids into a type of subdermal armor called skinweave.)"

So, yep. Nanotechnology is, and has always been in Cyberpunk 2020. No reason to think it wouldn't be in 2077.

This, and what Sard said that tech has likely stagnated since the 4th Corp War, so there is nanoware, its just not gotten all that better or more fantastic.

(That, and the last time RTG tried a more transhuman cyberpunk, it was kind of a disaster, In the shape of a green tinted barbie doll.)

Last edited:
kanonite;n8651920 said:
(That, and the last time RTG tried a more transhuman cyberpunk, it was kind of a disaster, In the shape of a green tinted barbie doll.)

IYAAAGGH! Damn you Kanon, the horror! The..horror! Fine, take this:

That was R. Tal's idea of "cool" for Cyberpunk V3.

Forget nanoware. The real madness is dolls!

walkingdarkly;n8645000 said:
I know this 2 months old but...
One, Never...EEEEEEVVVVVVVEEERRRRRRRR insult Rache Bartmoss, if he don't get ya then Spider Murphy will.
Rache Bartmoss is 2 out of 12 men in the net that certain people would love to see dead..which finally happened at the end of the 4th Corp War when someone shot him with a Mass Driver Cannon...or rather shot at...though he still survives on the net when he uploaded his consciousness to it or that could have been retconned.
He is by the far the top guy in Night City and Cyberpunk 2020 when it comes to anything Net related, frack half the progs creeps use on the net were created by Rache and he was the lone nutcase that surfed the information wave when the entire internet was updated or replaced if you will to what it is in 2020. He'd make Batman cry with what he's pulled off in the net.

thank you! i love to learn new lore, this game lore is tasty.

Cyberpunk 2077 tech will be at similar level as in cyberpunk 2020, with some changes regarding contemporary knowledge and technology. I believe that 2077 will be rooughly equivalent of 2027 in original game, but with v3 timeline thrown away, with CDPR original timeline leading to 4th Corp War and a few years beyond. (we still don't know anything about that).
So the nanotech will be in game, I think. As it is in CP2020, even on basic, rulebook level.

Top Bottom