thanks for nothing

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for nothing

waited two years for tonight's E3, I thought cyberpunk had to show up tonight. but no.
it's really frustrating that I had nothing to see in this E3 you just put up some marketing maneuvers by saying "they stole game data" a week ago to keep people talking
I'm really sad, sad and frustrated. and btw the hype is going to die if you keep up with this

Dude i for one was a huge advocate of thid gsme showing up at e3 this year knowing full well there was still a chance it might not....well i was wrong wrong wrong. Everyone on here told me not to expect it and they were right but dont dog out the devs for taking their time to give us a quality product bro. This games gonna be massive n u cant expect them to just pump it out like its nothing. Obvipusly this game is a game that holds a special place for cdpr and they're not gonna give us some half finished mess that ends up letting everyone down. Maybe your hypes gonna die down but mines staying right where it is. Ill wait for as long as it takes thank you very much.

I thought the hack was a marketing stunt at first too, then CDPR actually reported it to the authorities, so unless the police in Poland welcome false reports then CDPR really did get hacked. I did not get my hopes up for seeing it at E3, would have been pleasantly surprised, but I was ok when it did not show up. I'll stick to my prediction that we will see something at Gamescom.

Honestly i dont care if it comes out in 2018 or 2019 i just want it to be great. Personally 2018 sounds good to me cuz i need some time to save some $$$ so i can update the rig to play in 4k 60 fps...which in my opinion is what a game of this cailber deserves...I WONT PLAY IT if i cant play it in 4k i just fucking wont!! Lol

DarthRaver8686;n8881910 said:
Honestly i dont care if it comes out in 2018 or 2019 i just want it to be great. Personally 2018 sounds good to me cuz i need some time to save some $$$ so i can update the rig to play in 4k 60 fps...which in my opinion is what a game of this cailber deserves...I WONT PLAY IT if i cant play it in 4k i just fucking wont!! Lol

I wish I could do something like that, would certainly be the game to upgrade to 4k on, just can't afford. I do have a beast of a machine though, but who knows, maybe 4k monitors will take another dip in price between now and then and maybe intel's or AMD's new chips will be worth upgrading to.

animalfather;n8884290 said:
why would they show anything when its a 2019 title at the earliest?

I take it that 2019 is just a year you personally came up with, and isn't actually based on anything concrete you could link to, or quote from.

amirhoseinbz;n8881750 said:
waited two years for tonight's E3, I thought cyberpunk had to show up tonight. but no.
it's really frustrating that I had nothing to see in this E3 you just put up some marketing maneuvers by saying "they stole game data" a week ago to keep people talking
I'm really sad, sad and frustrated. and btw the hype is going to die if you keep up with this

Why not give us now some information about the game? BECAUSE IT WOULD BE A TERRIBLE MARKETING STRATEGY.

A good marketing strategy is to create HYPE, by showing us something now only to release the game 2 years from now would kill the curiosity and interest of many gamers. Instead they should release it a short period of time after giving us concrete information.

Sydanyo;n8885050 said:
I take it that 2019 is just a year you personally came up with, and isn't actually based on anything concrete you could link to, or quote from.

>it took CDPR 3.5 years to make Witcher Wild Hunt
>they started working 100% on Cyberpunk 2077 in late 2015 (so basically 2016)
>2016 + 3 years and 6 months = July of 2019

>CDPR said they liked how bethesda handled their marketing strategy with short time periods between the announcement and the launch of their games
>Bethesda anounced Fallout 4 at E3 and released the game 6 months or so later
>July/ 2019 - 6 months = January of 2019

Acording to my speculative logic Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be announced in January/2019 and it will be launched in july/2019.

But since there's no big gaming events in January of 2019, CDPR will probably wait to announce CP2077 in 2019's E3 only to release the game in the last months of 2019 or at least six months after the E3 so probably in November of 2019.

Last edited:
Sydanyo;n8885050 said:

I don't know what animalfather base that one... but I base it on that CDPR usually have somewhere around 3,5 to 4 years beween each of their major game releases.

And seeing as Witcher 3 came out in may 2015, you add 3.5-4 years on that, and then also add on the fact that this will be their first none-fantasy game that CDPR has ever made, PLUS that this will be their first none-Witcher game which means that they might have to spend a bit more time on making sure this will be a good and successful game (more so then what they had to for W2 and W3)... and all leads up to that the 2019-2020 window is the most likely period of time for this game to come out.

Now... I don't have any inside information or anything... so all I am really using her is logic, based on what is known about CP2077 (which is granted not a lot), and what is known about CDPR as a gamedeveloper and their previous and current other projects, and on certain thigns which has been said here and there by CDPR (like that 2017 would be the year iof Gwent, for example... just like they said that the year of 2015 and/or 2016 would be the year of Witcher 3).

That is all it is... logic, and a sprinkle of guessing.

Of course... they could suddenly come out and surprice us with it... but... like I have said befor... I am hoping for that as much as anyone else is, I am just not expecting it to happen untill 2019 the earliest.

Last edited:
Well, it doesn't seem logical for them to start hyping up their promotional campaign in early Summer of 2017 if they're releasing in 2019.

Sydanyo;n8887190 said:
Well, it doesn't seem logical for them to start hyping up their promotional campaign in early Summer of 2017 if they're releasing in 2019.

They did'nt. The people hyping it up are the ones who belive that the CP2077 hack thing was a marketingploy by CDPR.

I believe what hes referring to when he said hyping it up wasnt everyone speculating it was a pr stunt but them saying "the marketing campaign is already planned and will rely on a surprise factor. They knew saying that at an investors conference was gonna get out and "hype it up" so i tend to agree with him...unless they changed their mind from the fallout 4 way of doing 6 mo of heavy marketing before release it doesnt make sense to tell everyone the marketing is already planned if its 2 plus years away no???

DarthRaver8686;n8887630 said:
I believe what hes referring to when he said hyping it up wasnt everyone speculating it was a pr stunt but them saying "the marketing campaign is already planned and will rely on a surprise factor. They knew saying that at an investors conference was gonna get out and "hype it up" so i tend to agree with him...unless they changed their mind from the fallout 4 way of doing 6 mo of heavy marketing before release it doesnt make sense to tell everyone the marketing is already planned if its 2 plus years away no???

He wasnt hyping he was answering question asked by shareholder, and also not rely on suprise factor, but "suprise factor" is one of other things which are part of their marketing for CP2077. He said that because some guy asked specifically "When will marketing campaign start ? " Ofc he cant give him answer something like "it will start 10.10.2018 with trailer at 16:00" it would be dumb and would harm them.

I personally don't think that they are interested right now in "hyping" Cyberpunk, just the opposite. There is 0 reason for them to hype this game right now, they probably will have big marketing push few months before release in internet/tv commercials/bilboards etc with tons of trailers, interviews, gameplay videos and other things.

DarthRaver8686;n8887630 said:

But they have to say something to the investors. They can't just go "Yeah... we have... thought... about the marketing..." and just leave it at that... these are the people that your company do rely to some extent on financialy... people who could potentually step in and start stiring the pot if they don't feel they know enough to just let CDPR do what they do... of course, it all depends if they can do that or not... still though... you don't want to piss those people of to much.

Also... a markating campaign is not something that you just whip up in a week or something... some of those things has to be planed ahead. Things like a cgi trailers, those things do take some time to make, and you have to find a company which has the time to slot your trailer in to make... and the longer and more complex that trailer is, voice acting, etc, the longer it's going to take to make. I would not be all that surpriced if something like that would take anywhere from 6-12+ months, depending on how long it is. Then you have all the physical marketing stuff to... the things which has to be made, constructed, printed, what ever... that stuff takes time to, where you have to make sure you get in early enough for the factory or company to still have times open for things like that.

When you're waiting for Cyberpunk 2077 at E3!

[video]https://clips.twitch.tv/BlazingTrustworthyCakePogChamp[/video]

Oh that's bad... and hillarious at the same time... XD

I would probably have reacted the same way if I had seen it live. XD

Sydanyo;n8885050 said:

its when the polish grant ends for them developing their tech so its a pretty solid date..

I feel 2019 is a good bet for the release date. I imagine that whenever the details of this grant were being thrown together that whatever agency gave them this grant, they had to at the very least sat down with cdpr and asked what a viable time table was for the game to be finished. I dont beleive they came up with 2019 all by themselves...without any input from cdpr themselves. I mean after all cdpr have said that internally they already have a release date in mind. So it makes sense to me that the end date of the grant is a date that was decided on jointly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom