A question to CDPR

+
Knightlon;n7466930 said:
Rethaz says it's ok. It's the only way Bran is at least a bit useful.
I would like to see the source.
Regardless, the proposition that it's the only way to make Bran playable is not an argument at all. It's a game glitch and if it is a feature it has to be declared as such, card changed in a way that you don't need to discard TWO cards during the whole game and description adjusted accordingly.

Honestly, they should leave it as it and just change his text to reflect that.

It adds an interesting wrinkle to the leader ability. Do you sacrifice card advantage for that perfect card at the right moment (at the cost of 2 other cards in your hand to boot) or do you wait till the end to be able to pull that one last card that you need?

I watch KingBlackToof's streams and so does the developer Rethaz and he said that they don't consider it much of an issue because it really gives Bran at least a little advantage.

Knightlon;n7473550 said:
I watch KingBlackToof's streams and so does the developer Rethaz and he said that they don't consider it much of an issue because it really gives Bran at least a little advantage.

Unfortunately, that makes it sound they are aware the card is broken / useless / in need of attention. But don't plan to do anything about it.
I really hope he does get a tune up of sorts, no idea what but anything at this point sounds better then using gimmicks to make him worth while.

Here's the screenshot Toof posted so he is blameless here:

But in this case, CDPR is acting really, really strange here, I have to say.

HenryGrosmont;n7477380 said:
But in this case, CDPR is acting really, really strange here, I have to say.

Agreed. I'd like to hear the definition of an exploit if this is not considered one.

I think the CDPR devs simply know that King Bran's leader ability is terrible as it currently works (in all cases except when only one card is in hand). Since they have not yet decided what change needs to be made to correct this problem, they're allowing this "exploit" to remain in game for the time being. It gives Bran at least some amount of utility rather than just being straight card disadvantage.

bburnham37;n7486060 said:
I think the CDPR devs simply know that King Bran's leader ability is terrible as it currently works (in all cases except when only one card is in hand). Since they have not yet decided what change needs to be made to correct this problem, they're allowing this "exploit" to remain in game for the time being. It gives Bran at least some amount of utility rather than just being straight card disadvantage.
It's all understandable but I little clearance on their part would be appreciated.
Is cherry picking exploits/glitches a way to go? This could be a much deeper problem than just this one card...

This may be unrelated but I'm gonna ask it anyway... how come people are allowed to post videos on YouTube about Gwent? Isn't this closed beta?

Im going to go out on a limb here,and say it might be kinda hard for 40 thousand plus people to be policed on youtube

Besides...builds hype :cheers:

Roderickus;n7488020 said:
This may be unrelated but I'm gonna ask it anyway... how come people are allowed to post videos on YouTube about Gwent? Isn't this closed beta?

Pretty sure it was said somewhere that it's allowed if you clearly state that it's the beta stage of the game.

This isn't new. There were posts on this last year, even shortly after I began playing in December. As someone who was resolved to using King Bran because I had milled every other leader card in my possession at the time, I felt like this was the only viable way to consider playing King Bran. I still think that.

I never saw this as an exploit. And it was never confirmed as a bug (which isn't saying much, as many bugs haven't been officially confirmed as such)

Top Bottom