Bekker's Twisted Mirror: GWENT Off-Topic

+
Dumb phones are the best. They're all like ... "no I can't tell you the name of this song" ... and "no I can't tell you how close the nearest Chinese food restaurant is" ... and "no I won't respond to your questions because I'm a freaking dumb phone you idiot." I love my dumb phone. It serves two purposes. Taking phone calls and serving as my alarm clock in the morning. It does both of those things very well. My laptop can handle the rest.

Plus my wife has a smartphone so if I really need something done while we're out, I can ask her to look it up at the cost of one look of derision for not having a smartphone.

i think it's awesome that a phone can do a few extra things, but when it becomes the focal point of ppl's lives it starts bother me (i mean, isn't that what a tv is for :p)
i've seen a woman once tell her daughter "we need to go home. my phone's about to die" ...and i was wondering... didn't we need cell phones in order for a phone *not* to confine us to our homes?
but, since it meant she and her obnoxious kids left my store, i was ready to sing "hail to the dying cell phone battery"

I wanted to add some things to my latest reply on the radovid art thread. henry (and everyone): while you are the cause of many eye rolls, i hope it's obvious that you are not the cause of any trauma i've experienced. if anything, you are one of the reasons I can have a normal life in spite of such trauma xxx
PS. NOBODY thinks you're a nice person :p
​​​​​​

Last edited:
ArianeGrosmont;n8004110 said:
i've seen a woman once tell her daughter "we need to go home. my phone's about to die" ...and i was wondering... didn't we need cell phones in order for a phone *not* to confine us to our homes?
2 words. Portable charger.

HenryGrosmont;n8003360 said:
Old Nokia all the way! However, at the moment, they can't compete

Yes they can. Specifically those old Nokia phones. Smartphones are overrated and unnecessary. As long as I can make and receive calls and text messages, use my phone as an alarm clock and set calendar alerts I'm happy.

I've had my Nokia (its model pictured below) for over SEVEN years now, and that's despite it having taken a bath in soapy dirt water (accident while cleaning windows). Beat that, iPhones and Lumias and other smartphones.
:comeatmebro:

kännykkä.jpg

Last edited:
RidiculousName;n8015310 said:
Yes they can. Specifically those old Nokia phones.

Yeah, the ones made before Microsoft are the best phones. Once I threw one to the floor and pieces spread all over, but it never stopped working. Have you tried these new ones that are made by MS? They even managed to ruin that perfect calendar :(

Sunsibar;n8015480 said:
Yeah, the ones made before Microsoft are the best phones. Once I threw one to the floor and pieces spread all over, but it never stopped working. Have you tried these new ones that are made by MS? They even managed to ruin that perfect calendar :(

Why would I have tried an MS phone when I have a perfectly good dumb Nokia? :p

RidiculousName;n8015540 said:
Why would I have tried an MS phone when I have a perfectly good dumb Nokia? :p

Touche :p Now all you need to do is hope that your phone lives forever :)

Riven-Twain;n8021970 said:
Rather ironic, isn't it? Technology has a curious power to shape our lives.

I agree. I know Henry's probably thinking: ''oh, no! she's gonna go into one of her pseudo-philosophical rants, quoting Orwell and comparing Huxley to Wyndham...'
it was hard, but I've managed to control my urges.

Riven-Twain;n8029510 said:
Frustratingly, it was devoured by a bug (an unexpected technical malfunction with the Forums).

Oh, burp. Shame, I had made some really intelligent and thought-provoking posts in that one. Trust me peepers.

Top Bottom